For life's little ups and downs.

A rather quirky, funny and sometimes daunting look in to the life of someone who has a lot of health problems but does their best to keep positive. Punctuated by guinea pigs, anime, superheroes, transforming robots and cross stitching.

I started this blog to tell my story, about who I am and what I do. On top of the health problems and raising awareness for those, I also use my blog as a way to help promote other causes, particularly ones which affect the most vulnerable. I live with a number of different and complex health problems but I refuse to let anything get me down. I know how it feels to be discriminated against or thrown aside. This is me. This is my life. I live it and do what I want with it. Nature sets the limitations. We set the boundaries.

About Me:

A blog about life. I live with Type 1 Brittle Asthma, Bi-Polar Disorder, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder as well as Various Allergies, Neutropenia, Crohns Disease (my IBS was rediagnosed as Crohns), Osteo and Rheumatoid Arthritis, PCOS and Osteoporosis and Heredetary Spastic Paraplegia. I have recently also been diagnosed with Sleep Apnea (which makes me stop breathing in my sleep) I live with these conditions, but I refuse to let them keep me down and out. I still try and make the most of my days despite being so poorly and having to rely on my wheelchair, nebulisers, nearly 50 pills a day and 2l/min of oxygen and CPAP.

I'll flap my broken wings and erase it all someday... You'll see.

Monday 21 March 2011

Taking the Load off...

I think after a couple of really manic and rather unpleasant weeks, I think I may have finally gotten the hang of things. My rapport with my GP is great, so we could spend a long while just chatting about everything and nothing and finding an answer to what could be the real thing that was troubling me. I think, with so many things going on all at once and some things I didn't even KNOW about until now, we just got so wrapped up in trying to solve all the little problems but forgot to sort out that one big problem that was causing me trouble. So for now, it is a good idea to get my chest back on an even keel, persevere with my psych treatment, even if the extra Quetiapine was making me feel and act awful.

Our focus is my chest. Because I am always in some degree of respiratory distress, my heart-rate seems to have gone haywire. At rest it can be jumping along at 119bpm and if I am nervous about something, it can hit 150-200bpm. It goes without saying that this is a major issue and if my heart is working so fast, then it would make me feel absolutely awful and it is no wonder that sometimes I am absolutely exhausted, so I think if we can calm my asthma right down, I can help my heart chill out a bit.

I was started on Phyllocontin, a tablet that I need to take every 12 hours and it should make my asthma behave itself. Maybe then I can get off the pred and back to some kind of normalilty. So, my current list of conditions now stands at:

-Type 1 Brittle Asthma
-Bronchial Thickening (but not Bronchiectesis) and areas of scarring
-Immunosuppression
-Neutrophillia
-Hayfever
-Eczema
- Osteoporosis
-Irritable Bowel Syndrome
-Bi Polar
-Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- (NEW) Borderline Personality Disorder (I was shocked too!)
- (NEW) Anxiety and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (I knew about the Anxiety and kinda suspected the other)

Now we know what the problems are, maybe now we can treat them? Yeah... The problem there is that there are just so many different meds that I use at the moment and they ALL bounce off one-another, so how many of my problems are made my medicines? I am over-medicated (especially with prednisolone), but as soon as I stop using anything, the problems I used it for just come thick and fast.

Loves
Wendy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I will review it as soon as possible!

Labels

ABG (2) acceptance (5) Adventures (1) Alphonse (2) Ambulances (5) Amusement (1) Angry (3) Animals (2) Another Day In Midgar (2) Appointment (1) Art (4) Asthma (22) Asthma Attack (12) Asthma UK (2) Awareness (2) Bad Attitudes (1) Bass (1) Benefits (3) Birthdays (3) Blogs (2) Blood Pressure (1) Books (1) Bucket List (1) Busy Day (2) Calming (1) Catherine (2) Childhood (2) Chocobo (1) Christmas (4) Cleaning (2) Close Calls (1) cold (1) Comforter (1) Compensation (2) Creativity (1) Cruelty (1) Custody (1) Cute (1) death (3) Debt (2) Depression (4) Design (1) diary (1) Disability (1) Disgust (1) Disney (1) Distraction (2) Doctors (4) documentary (1) Dr Pike (1) Dreams (1) Drugs (1) DWP (1) Dye (1) Eating Patterns (1) ESA (1) Exhaustion (3) fair share (1) family (1) Films (1) Final Fantasy 7 (5) Flu (2) Fluid (1) Food (1) Friends (7) Gaming (2) Gizmo (2) glass half full (3) goodbye (1) GP (5) guidelines (1) Guiniea Pigs (6) Guitar (1) Hair (1) happiness (6) haters (1) Help (1) HND (2) home (3) home use (1) Honesty (3) Hope (4) Hospitals (8) Housework (1) Human Nature (1) Illness (5) Infection (5) inspiration (1) Instincts (1) Joke (1) JP (2) Judy (1) Labas (1) Life (2) lost cause (1) love (1) Luke (1) Lungs (3) Lush (1) Me (2) Medication (7) Memories (1) Mike (1) Mind (1) MSN (1) Music (6) My Past (1) Nathaniel (1) Nebuliser (8) Needles (1) neglect (2) Neighbor (2) new look (2) New year (1) NHS (2) Noise (5) Omen Shadow (2) One day's supply (1) Organ Donation (1) Pain (3) Patch (1) PDSA (1) Poem (1) Positivity (1) Pred (3) quotes (1) Rachael Wakefield (1) Rachy (1) Random ideas (1) Rant (1) Recovery (7) reinvention (2) Reporting (1) Routines (1) sad (1) salmonella (1) scared (1) Sean (1) Selfishness (1) Sephiroth (4) Sephy (3) Simon's Cat (1) Sims 2 (1) Sleep (6) Sorting it Out (1) Spite (1) Steve (1) Store Room (1) success (1) Support (2) Survival (4) Tattoos (1) tears (1) Technology (1) Temparature (1) Thank You (4) The Crow (1) Therapy (1) Thoughts (1) Thrash (1) Tired (1) Toys (1) Transformers (1) Transplant (1) Veins (1) Vomiting (1) warnings (1) West Midlands Ambulance Service (2) winter (1) work (1) Year (1)