For life's little ups and downs.

A rather quirky, funny and sometimes daunting look in to the life of someone who has a lot of health problems but does their best to keep positive. Punctuated by guinea pigs, anime, superheroes, transforming robots and cross stitching.

I started this blog to tell my story, about who I am and what I do. On top of the health problems and raising awareness for those, I also use my blog as a way to help promote other causes, particularly ones which affect the most vulnerable. I live with a number of different and complex health problems but I refuse to let anything get me down. I know how it feels to be discriminated against or thrown aside. This is me. This is my life. I live it and do what I want with it. Nature sets the limitations. We set the boundaries.

About Me:

A blog about life. I live with Type 1 Brittle Asthma, Bi-Polar Disorder, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder as well as Various Allergies, Neutropenia, Crohns Disease (my IBS was rediagnosed as Crohns), Osteo and Rheumatoid Arthritis, PCOS and Osteoporosis and Heredetary Spastic Paraplegia. I have recently also been diagnosed with Sleep Apnea (which makes me stop breathing in my sleep) I live with these conditions, but I refuse to let them keep me down and out. I still try and make the most of my days despite being so poorly and having to rely on my wheelchair, nebulisers, nearly 50 pills a day and 2l/min of oxygen and CPAP.

I'll flap my broken wings and erase it all someday... You'll see.

Saturday 12 March 2011

Back Again...

I understand that the last couple of days I have been absent from my blog. Well, to tell you the truth, I was on a major AFK moment. Not through choice, but through pure circumstance. I had hoped that I wouldn't have lost everything and had to start from scratch, which when it comes to everything I had sorted on here and settled, it is taking way too long to get my computer back to what it was. All because of some RAR files... But I really cannot be bothered to go in to that again and again. I just have to hope that this time, Steve has learned a lesson about being careful as to what he downloads and where he gets it in future.

I had given someone my 32-bit product recovery disc so he could fix his own computer. This moment of kindness was really one thing that scuppered me, as I was unable to create a recovery media from my HDD for the 64-bit OS that I was running originally. So what I wound up with was a laptop with a totally formatted HDD, and no OS to put on to it. Until Tom posted me back my disc, it arrived today and I have never been more thankful to see the postie!

OK maybe I was happy to see him yesterday when he came with my Transformers box set. 15 discs of Transformers cartoons from the 80's. The cartoons I used to watch when I was a youngster. I used to have 4 separate box sets with all the different series, but I think in hindsight this is a better deal after all. It certainly made my day after Thursday night, when my asthma was playing it's game and I needed to go to hospital.

Sadly the paramedic I had on Thursday was the same female that everytime I see her, she insists its not my asthma that is causing my problems, and that my chest was wonderfully clear (so why on earth did the doctor in A and E find a lovely wheeze, worse in my right lung, as well as poor air entry), and she took my SATs, they were on the screen at 93%, but she whipped off the probe and wrote 99%, which I always find really strange. She noticed my own pulse oximeter and asked why I had one. It took all the self control in the world not to come out with a snappy response about using it in some obscene way. As soon as I got to A and E, the ward sister reassessed me herself and made sure that the right OBs were made and she made no mistake on telling the paramedic that she was useless and playing a dangerous game.

A doctor was in to me within the hour and I was closely cared for, my attack settled and I was given some pain relief, as all my muscles felt as though they were screaming with strain and I was exhausted. After a round of nebs and steroids, thankfully I was allowed to go home. I am still fuming however, as every single time we get this female paramedic, she always says its not asthma and I'm fine and then I wind up in such a bad way that it takes the poor doctor longer than it needs to to get me back to normal. I have a feeling she was probably reported by the sister, but I think I will be making my complaint as it was a dangerous game to play and I could have so easily deteriorated to the point of being seriously ill.

Loves
Wendy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I will review it as soon as possible!

Labels

ABG (2) acceptance (5) Adventures (1) Alphonse (2) Ambulances (5) Amusement (1) Angry (3) Animals (2) Another Day In Midgar (2) Appointment (1) Art (4) Asthma (22) Asthma Attack (12) Asthma UK (2) Awareness (2) Bad Attitudes (1) Bass (1) Benefits (3) Birthdays (3) Blogs (2) Blood Pressure (1) Books (1) Bucket List (1) Busy Day (2) Calming (1) Catherine (2) Childhood (2) Chocobo (1) Christmas (4) Cleaning (2) Close Calls (1) cold (1) Comforter (1) Compensation (2) Creativity (1) Cruelty (1) Custody (1) Cute (1) death (3) Debt (2) Depression (4) Design (1) diary (1) Disability (1) Disgust (1) Disney (1) Distraction (2) Doctors (4) documentary (1) Dr Pike (1) Dreams (1) Drugs (1) DWP (1) Dye (1) Eating Patterns (1) ESA (1) Exhaustion (3) fair share (1) family (1) Films (1) Final Fantasy 7 (5) Flu (2) Fluid (1) Food (1) Friends (7) Gaming (2) Gizmo (2) glass half full (3) goodbye (1) GP (5) guidelines (1) Guiniea Pigs (6) Guitar (1) Hair (1) happiness (6) haters (1) Help (1) HND (2) home (3) home use (1) Honesty (3) Hope (4) Hospitals (8) Housework (1) Human Nature (1) Illness (5) Infection (5) inspiration (1) Instincts (1) Joke (1) JP (2) Judy (1) Labas (1) Life (2) lost cause (1) love (1) Luke (1) Lungs (3) Lush (1) Me (2) Medication (7) Memories (1) Mike (1) Mind (1) MSN (1) Music (6) My Past (1) Nathaniel (1) Nebuliser (8) Needles (1) neglect (2) Neighbor (2) new look (2) New year (1) NHS (2) Noise (5) Omen Shadow (2) One day's supply (1) Organ Donation (1) Pain (3) Patch (1) PDSA (1) Poem (1) Positivity (1) Pred (3) quotes (1) Rachael Wakefield (1) Rachy (1) Random ideas (1) Rant (1) Recovery (7) reinvention (2) Reporting (1) Routines (1) sad (1) salmonella (1) scared (1) Sean (1) Selfishness (1) Sephiroth (4) Sephy (3) Simon's Cat (1) Sims 2 (1) Sleep (6) Sorting it Out (1) Spite (1) Steve (1) Store Room (1) success (1) Support (2) Survival (4) Tattoos (1) tears (1) Technology (1) Temparature (1) Thank You (4) The Crow (1) Therapy (1) Thoughts (1) Thrash (1) Tired (1) Toys (1) Transformers (1) Transplant (1) Veins (1) Vomiting (1) warnings (1) West Midlands Ambulance Service (2) winter (1) work (1) Year (1)