For life's little ups and downs.

A rather quirky, funny and sometimes daunting look in to the life of someone who has a lot of health problems but does their best to keep positive. Punctuated by guinea pigs, anime, superheroes, transforming robots and cross stitching.

I started this blog to tell my story, about who I am and what I do. On top of the health problems and raising awareness for those, I also use my blog as a way to help promote other causes, particularly ones which affect the most vulnerable. I live with a number of different and complex health problems but I refuse to let anything get me down. I know how it feels to be discriminated against or thrown aside. This is me. This is my life. I live it and do what I want with it. Nature sets the limitations. We set the boundaries.

About Me:

A blog about life. I live with Type 1 Brittle Asthma, Bi-Polar Disorder, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder as well as Various Allergies, Neutropenia, Crohns Disease (my IBS was rediagnosed as Crohns), Osteo and Rheumatoid Arthritis, PCOS and Osteoporosis and Heredetary Spastic Paraplegia. I have recently also been diagnosed with Sleep Apnea (which makes me stop breathing in my sleep) I live with these conditions, but I refuse to let them keep me down and out. I still try and make the most of my days despite being so poorly and having to rely on my wheelchair, nebulisers, nearly 50 pills a day and 2l/min of oxygen and CPAP.

I'll flap my broken wings and erase it all someday... You'll see.

Wednesday 16 March 2011

Calm Before The Storm...

Like most people with asthma, I have noticed a pattern in my attacks and when I have them. It usually starts with a day feeling pretty much OK, a few hic-ups and the like, nothing too drastic or painful. Then I have a night of poor sleep and the downward spiral begins. Yesterday was the beginning of the spiral and it usually lasts a few days, I think my record is about 5 days, and then I have the big one. And it is usually a BIG one, involving full on hospitalization, and everything they can do for me all at once. I then get left exhausted and my interest in anything generally sucks.

Hope has been unusually clingy with me, wheeking like mad and making a massive fuss whenever he sees me. We got him out and he wouldn't stop sitting on the right side of my chest, making enough noise for 2 pigs. I think he knew something wasn't right, animals are pretty amazing like that. He is an affectionate little guy, but this was different to the usual love and affection I get from my baby. It was more... intense.

As for my complaint that I made about the shoddy treatment I got from the ambulance last week, well someone called me, well 3 people called me. Now I must make this plain, I have no complaints with West Midlands Ambulance Service as a whole, in fact, I owe the fact that I am still alive to the wonderful Paramedics, Emergency Medical Technicians and Emergency Doctors that go out of their way to save lives of people like myself. The majority of them are caring and very lovely individuals and really do want to help and look after me. There has just been this one in the area who was like this. I have been attended to by her 4 times and each time she has been more interested in saving herself from making a mess rather than doing something to actually help me and I have always come off worse off for it, and my self esteem battered as she makes me feel like a right old fraud. The doctors and nurses in A and E always make sure that I am OK and get the help I need, I only ended up what they called "Clinically Exhausted" once and the doctor who cared for me was amazing and got me back on my feet.

One of the calls I had was from the Clinical Director of WMA, she spoke to Steve and told him that she would be looking in to this herself and she commended me for the bravery I showed by reporting this woman and she promised me that there will be no repercussions in the service I get in future and I should be confident in the work of the NHS and WMA. Which on the whole, I am. I really do trust them.

Loves
Wendy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I will review it as soon as possible!

Labels

ABG (2) acceptance (5) Adventures (1) Alphonse (2) Ambulances (5) Amusement (1) Angry (3) Animals (2) Another Day In Midgar (2) Appointment (1) Art (4) Asthma (22) Asthma Attack (12) Asthma UK (2) Awareness (2) Bad Attitudes (1) Bass (1) Benefits (3) Birthdays (3) Blogs (2) Blood Pressure (1) Books (1) Bucket List (1) Busy Day (2) Calming (1) Catherine (2) Childhood (2) Chocobo (1) Christmas (4) Cleaning (2) Close Calls (1) cold (1) Comforter (1) Compensation (2) Creativity (1) Cruelty (1) Custody (1) Cute (1) death (3) Debt (2) Depression (4) Design (1) diary (1) Disability (1) Disgust (1) Disney (1) Distraction (2) Doctors (4) documentary (1) Dr Pike (1) Dreams (1) Drugs (1) DWP (1) Dye (1) Eating Patterns (1) ESA (1) Exhaustion (3) fair share (1) family (1) Films (1) Final Fantasy 7 (5) Flu (2) Fluid (1) Food (1) Friends (7) Gaming (2) Gizmo (2) glass half full (3) goodbye (1) GP (5) guidelines (1) Guiniea Pigs (6) Guitar (1) Hair (1) happiness (6) haters (1) Help (1) HND (2) home (3) home use (1) Honesty (3) Hope (4) Hospitals (8) Housework (1) Human Nature (1) Illness (5) Infection (5) inspiration (1) Instincts (1) Joke (1) JP (2) Judy (1) Labas (1) Life (2) lost cause (1) love (1) Luke (1) Lungs (3) Lush (1) Me (2) Medication (7) Memories (1) Mike (1) Mind (1) MSN (1) Music (6) My Past (1) Nathaniel (1) Nebuliser (8) Needles (1) neglect (2) Neighbor (2) new look (2) New year (1) NHS (2) Noise (5) Omen Shadow (2) One day's supply (1) Organ Donation (1) Pain (3) Patch (1) PDSA (1) Poem (1) Positivity (1) Pred (3) quotes (1) Rachael Wakefield (1) Rachy (1) Random ideas (1) Rant (1) Recovery (7) reinvention (2) Reporting (1) Routines (1) sad (1) salmonella (1) scared (1) Sean (1) Selfishness (1) Sephiroth (4) Sephy (3) Simon's Cat (1) Sims 2 (1) Sleep (6) Sorting it Out (1) Spite (1) Steve (1) Store Room (1) success (1) Support (2) Survival (4) Tattoos (1) tears (1) Technology (1) Temparature (1) Thank You (4) The Crow (1) Therapy (1) Thoughts (1) Thrash (1) Tired (1) Toys (1) Transformers (1) Transplant (1) Veins (1) Vomiting (1) warnings (1) West Midlands Ambulance Service (2) winter (1) work (1) Year (1)