For life's little ups and downs.

A rather quirky, funny and sometimes daunting look in to the life of someone who has a lot of health problems but does their best to keep positive. Punctuated by guinea pigs, anime, superheroes, transforming robots and cross stitching.

I started this blog to tell my story, about who I am and what I do. On top of the health problems and raising awareness for those, I also use my blog as a way to help promote other causes, particularly ones which affect the most vulnerable. I live with a number of different and complex health problems but I refuse to let anything get me down. I know how it feels to be discriminated against or thrown aside. This is me. This is my life. I live it and do what I want with it. Nature sets the limitations. We set the boundaries.

About Me:

A blog about life. I live with Type 1 Brittle Asthma, Bi-Polar Disorder, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder as well as Various Allergies, Neutropenia, Crohns Disease (my IBS was rediagnosed as Crohns), Osteo and Rheumatoid Arthritis, PCOS and Osteoporosis and Heredetary Spastic Paraplegia. I have recently also been diagnosed with Sleep Apnea (which makes me stop breathing in my sleep) I live with these conditions, but I refuse to let them keep me down and out. I still try and make the most of my days despite being so poorly and having to rely on my wheelchair, nebulisers, nearly 50 pills a day and 2l/min of oxygen and CPAP.

I'll flap my broken wings and erase it all someday... You'll see.

Saturday 5 March 2011

Sleep...

I must have been feeling rough, after running around and clearing out the store room again with Steve, I mean really sifting through boxes and cupboards, throwing away the rubbish and generally freshening things up, I didn't expect to lay down and fall asleep like that. I only lay for a moment to get my breath, have a neb and then intended to busy myself with some other small tasks, some artwork I wanted to get done and other things. This was about half 1 in the afternoon.

I woke up again about quarter to 5 wondering how long I had been asleep and was wondering about some things. One of which I was sure I dreamed, but alas I hadn't. Halfway through my nap, I had gotten up, coughed up some green muck, blew my nose and then apparently went in to a rant about how crap my bladder was... I honestly thought I had dreamed it, but Steve told me what I had said, before getting up and well answering the call of nature, curling back up and going back to sleep. I don't think I have been this exhausted in a long time, but between fighting this infection, and everything else that happened this last week. It really didn't ever end and when it all came to a head, I was left a little dejected and in that sort of empty, numb calm and didn't really work out how exactly I had been feeling.

I have an amazing skill in pushing everything down. I can smile and laugh, acting completely normal and healthy, while inside I am screaming and in so much pain, feeling so unwell and just wanting it all to end. It is something I was always told to do, no one likes a pity party and sympathy just doesn't really exist, so I had to learn to deal with things my own way. Admittedly my own way often seems destructive and I turn a lot inward. I still haven't come to terms with a lot of the last year, heck a lot of it just hasn't sunk in. I keep asking myself "Is this really the best I can expect from life now?" then start hating myself for even going there. I suppose all I want is to just work this out and not have to be reminded every day when I start struggling for breath after doing things, waking up on the floor because I was so exhausted, a job or 3 half done and feeling so just angry with everything so that I have to take a tablet at night, just to get some kind of sleep.

I guess I don't want people to feel sorry for me, I just want people to understand that at the moment things are just harder than I admit to.

Loves
Wendy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I will review it as soon as possible!

Labels

ABG (2) acceptance (5) Adventures (1) Alphonse (2) Ambulances (5) Amusement (1) Angry (3) Animals (2) Another Day In Midgar (2) Appointment (1) Art (4) Asthma (22) Asthma Attack (12) Asthma UK (2) Awareness (2) Bad Attitudes (1) Bass (1) Benefits (3) Birthdays (3) Blogs (2) Blood Pressure (1) Books (1) Bucket List (1) Busy Day (2) Calming (1) Catherine (2) Childhood (2) Chocobo (1) Christmas (4) Cleaning (2) Close Calls (1) cold (1) Comforter (1) Compensation (2) Creativity (1) Cruelty (1) Custody (1) Cute (1) death (3) Debt (2) Depression (4) Design (1) diary (1) Disability (1) Disgust (1) Disney (1) Distraction (2) Doctors (4) documentary (1) Dr Pike (1) Dreams (1) Drugs (1) DWP (1) Dye (1) Eating Patterns (1) ESA (1) Exhaustion (3) fair share (1) family (1) Films (1) Final Fantasy 7 (5) Flu (2) Fluid (1) Food (1) Friends (7) Gaming (2) Gizmo (2) glass half full (3) goodbye (1) GP (5) guidelines (1) Guiniea Pigs (6) Guitar (1) Hair (1) happiness (6) haters (1) Help (1) HND (2) home (3) home use (1) Honesty (3) Hope (4) Hospitals (8) Housework (1) Human Nature (1) Illness (5) Infection (5) inspiration (1) Instincts (1) Joke (1) JP (2) Judy (1) Labas (1) Life (2) lost cause (1) love (1) Luke (1) Lungs (3) Lush (1) Me (2) Medication (7) Memories (1) Mike (1) Mind (1) MSN (1) Music (6) My Past (1) Nathaniel (1) Nebuliser (8) Needles (1) neglect (2) Neighbor (2) new look (2) New year (1) NHS (2) Noise (5) Omen Shadow (2) One day's supply (1) Organ Donation (1) Pain (3) Patch (1) PDSA (1) Poem (1) Positivity (1) Pred (3) quotes (1) Rachael Wakefield (1) Rachy (1) Random ideas (1) Rant (1) Recovery (7) reinvention (2) Reporting (1) Routines (1) sad (1) salmonella (1) scared (1) Sean (1) Selfishness (1) Sephiroth (4) Sephy (3) Simon's Cat (1) Sims 2 (1) Sleep (6) Sorting it Out (1) Spite (1) Steve (1) Store Room (1) success (1) Support (2) Survival (4) Tattoos (1) tears (1) Technology (1) Temparature (1) Thank You (4) The Crow (1) Therapy (1) Thoughts (1) Thrash (1) Tired (1) Toys (1) Transformers (1) Transplant (1) Veins (1) Vomiting (1) warnings (1) West Midlands Ambulance Service (2) winter (1) work (1) Year (1)