For life's little ups and downs.

A rather quirky, funny and sometimes daunting look in to the life of someone who has a lot of health problems but does their best to keep positive. Punctuated by guinea pigs, anime, superheroes, transforming robots and cross stitching.

I started this blog to tell my story, about who I am and what I do. On top of the health problems and raising awareness for those, I also use my blog as a way to help promote other causes, particularly ones which affect the most vulnerable. I live with a number of different and complex health problems but I refuse to let anything get me down. I know how it feels to be discriminated against or thrown aside. This is me. This is my life. I live it and do what I want with it. Nature sets the limitations. We set the boundaries.

About Me:

A blog about life. I live with Type 1 Brittle Asthma, Bi-Polar Disorder, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder as well as Various Allergies, Neutropenia, Crohns Disease (my IBS was rediagnosed as Crohns), Osteo and Rheumatoid Arthritis, PCOS and Osteoporosis and Heredetary Spastic Paraplegia. I have recently also been diagnosed with Sleep Apnea (which makes me stop breathing in my sleep) I live with these conditions, but I refuse to let them keep me down and out. I still try and make the most of my days despite being so poorly and having to rely on my wheelchair, nebulisers, nearly 50 pills a day and 2l/min of oxygen and CPAP.

I'll flap my broken wings and erase it all someday... You'll see.

Friday 18 March 2011

Steve's Birthday

Today was Steve's 31st Birthday and I am so glad I did everything I could to pull together to make it a good one. We had lots of friends round, watched DVDs, talked, for hours and then had Chinese food for tea which was a lovely change. It was really hard to get to this date, but we did it, we really did it and I was able to help him celebrate in style.

I think the only real bittersweetness of the day came when I noticed it was the 18th. 2 months today, I was saying goodbye to Alphonse amid lots of tears and him crying for me as I had to leave the room. I can't even go in to how much I loved that little pig and how much joy he brought to our lives. We have our pups and our special little guy, Patch, the hamsters and our amazing friends. That is our family. I think that was one thing that made the loss of our Fonzie so hard, he was like one of our family, like Hope and Gizmo have become.

Today, I was also visited by the wonderful people of WMAS to discuss my complaint and they assured me that the lady involved would get a good talking to and nothing like this would happen to me again. It was a complete neglect of my dignity and made me feel worse about myself than I ever had in the course of my illness. I am happy that WMAS apologized to me, and the service they provide really is exceptional usually. It really was just this one isolated incident and I cannot stress this enough.

My chest has been fighting with me and I was barely well enough to walk to the shops. My body was shaking from head to foot and I just couldn't get the strength. I was eating like a horse, which is usually a sign of something about to hit. I mean, whenever I get a viral thing, I eat, then sleep, then feel terrible for days as I cannot do either. So thems the breaks really on that front.

We are still elated by the letter we got yesterday stating that everything rent-wise was being taken care of and the council actually owed US money, for some council tax that we paid and panicked over so that was good news at least and it makes the trip to SBAU next week much easier for all of us. I have so much I want to talk to Dr M about and am probably going to take Penny's advice and email him, and take a copy of what I say so we can discuss everything in full. Why am I not getting better? What are we going to do next? Although Dr M only usually tries one thing at a time, but I do have a GP appointment sooner so I may have a good chat with Dr Pike as well. Can't hurt can it?

I just don't want to feel so unwell right now and I will fight until the end when I don't have to.

Happy Birthday Steve

Loves
Wendy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I will review it as soon as possible!

Labels

ABG (2) acceptance (5) Adventures (1) Alphonse (2) Ambulances (5) Amusement (1) Angry (3) Animals (2) Another Day In Midgar (2) Appointment (1) Art (4) Asthma (22) Asthma Attack (12) Asthma UK (2) Awareness (2) Bad Attitudes (1) Bass (1) Benefits (3) Birthdays (3) Blogs (2) Blood Pressure (1) Books (1) Bucket List (1) Busy Day (2) Calming (1) Catherine (2) Childhood (2) Chocobo (1) Christmas (4) Cleaning (2) Close Calls (1) cold (1) Comforter (1) Compensation (2) Creativity (1) Cruelty (1) Custody (1) Cute (1) death (3) Debt (2) Depression (4) Design (1) diary (1) Disability (1) Disgust (1) Disney (1) Distraction (2) Doctors (4) documentary (1) Dr Pike (1) Dreams (1) Drugs (1) DWP (1) Dye (1) Eating Patterns (1) ESA (1) Exhaustion (3) fair share (1) family (1) Films (1) Final Fantasy 7 (5) Flu (2) Fluid (1) Food (1) Friends (7) Gaming (2) Gizmo (2) glass half full (3) goodbye (1) GP (5) guidelines (1) Guiniea Pigs (6) Guitar (1) Hair (1) happiness (6) haters (1) Help (1) HND (2) home (3) home use (1) Honesty (3) Hope (4) Hospitals (8) Housework (1) Human Nature (1) Illness (5) Infection (5) inspiration (1) Instincts (1) Joke (1) JP (2) Judy (1) Labas (1) Life (2) lost cause (1) love (1) Luke (1) Lungs (3) Lush (1) Me (2) Medication (7) Memories (1) Mike (1) Mind (1) MSN (1) Music (6) My Past (1) Nathaniel (1) Nebuliser (8) Needles (1) neglect (2) Neighbor (2) new look (2) New year (1) NHS (2) Noise (5) Omen Shadow (2) One day's supply (1) Organ Donation (1) Pain (3) Patch (1) PDSA (1) Poem (1) Positivity (1) Pred (3) quotes (1) Rachael Wakefield (1) Rachy (1) Random ideas (1) Rant (1) Recovery (7) reinvention (2) Reporting (1) Routines (1) sad (1) salmonella (1) scared (1) Sean (1) Selfishness (1) Sephiroth (4) Sephy (3) Simon's Cat (1) Sims 2 (1) Sleep (6) Sorting it Out (1) Spite (1) Steve (1) Store Room (1) success (1) Support (2) Survival (4) Tattoos (1) tears (1) Technology (1) Temparature (1) Thank You (4) The Crow (1) Therapy (1) Thoughts (1) Thrash (1) Tired (1) Toys (1) Transformers (1) Transplant (1) Veins (1) Vomiting (1) warnings (1) West Midlands Ambulance Service (2) winter (1) work (1) Year (1)