For life's little ups and downs.

A rather quirky, funny and sometimes daunting look in to the life of someone who has a lot of health problems but does their best to keep positive. Punctuated by guinea pigs, anime, superheroes, transforming robots and cross stitching.

I started this blog to tell my story, about who I am and what I do. On top of the health problems and raising awareness for those, I also use my blog as a way to help promote other causes, particularly ones which affect the most vulnerable. I live with a number of different and complex health problems but I refuse to let anything get me down. I know how it feels to be discriminated against or thrown aside. This is me. This is my life. I live it and do what I want with it. Nature sets the limitations. We set the boundaries.

About Me:

A blog about life. I live with Type 1 Brittle Asthma, Bi-Polar Disorder, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder as well as Various Allergies, Neutropenia, Crohns Disease (my IBS was rediagnosed as Crohns), Osteo and Rheumatoid Arthritis, PCOS and Osteoporosis and Heredetary Spastic Paraplegia. I have recently also been diagnosed with Sleep Apnea (which makes me stop breathing in my sleep) I live with these conditions, but I refuse to let them keep me down and out. I still try and make the most of my days despite being so poorly and having to rely on my wheelchair, nebulisers, nearly 50 pills a day and 2l/min of oxygen and CPAP.

I'll flap my broken wings and erase it all someday... You'll see.

Friday 18 February 2011

When Life says "Give Up"...

Hope really does whisper "Try it one more time." Well my Hope tends to just squeak cutely at me, but in general, hope is always there to remind you that everything can and probably will work out eventually. It's like my nan used to say "It'll all come out in the wash." and I really am beginning to thing that after my mega explosion yesterday, I have finally started turning the corner, and getting everything organised back to how it should have been. I admit its not that easy, but at the end of the day, if something is worth doing, it won't be easy. So there is a lot of hope around at the moment.

A text from a friend started today's fortune. Penny is amazing and ever since we started talking she has helped me so much with everything and I honestly couldn't be more thankful to have someone this incredible and wonderful in my life. She has helped me again, with a new mesh for my Omron. My Omron is really my lifeline and when the mesh split a few days ago, I really didn't anticipate the chaos that it would cause. Luckily I still had my Freeway at my feet so I was able to have my nebs as I needed to, I just avoided it after a certain time so as to not upset the neighbours.

Next came another visit from the housing officer. He spent the evening last night trying to work out how he could actually help us now with getting our Housing Benefit back-dated and he came up with a really good solution. All we need now is the bank statements to prove that we were living on no income for that month, which really won't be that hard to do. Why no one remembered this sooner, I don't know as it would have saved us a year of hassle, stress and the constant fear of losing our home. But then again, there really is no point in lamenting the past, it can't be changed so we just now have to do what we can, with the budget we drew up and just try and get back on an even keel. It shouldn't be that hard now.

As for me, well I spent the morning hunting for the last piece of Steve's Halo Lego which faced a rather smashing side of my rage, for something that is not supposed to, that stuff can fly really well! We were finding bits of it everywhere. The last piece was behind my guitars, I only looked there because I was curious to make sure all the shrapnel of the cup was found and gotten rid of. Lo and behold there it was, a purple cross shaped thing was nestled in. So he will be very VERY happy when he comes back and I tell him ALL of our good news.

Loves
Wendy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I will review it as soon as possible!

Labels

ABG (2) acceptance (5) Adventures (1) Alphonse (2) Ambulances (5) Amusement (1) Angry (3) Animals (2) Another Day In Midgar (2) Appointment (1) Art (4) Asthma (22) Asthma Attack (12) Asthma UK (2) Awareness (2) Bad Attitudes (1) Bass (1) Benefits (3) Birthdays (3) Blogs (2) Blood Pressure (1) Books (1) Bucket List (1) Busy Day (2) Calming (1) Catherine (2) Childhood (2) Chocobo (1) Christmas (4) Cleaning (2) Close Calls (1) cold (1) Comforter (1) Compensation (2) Creativity (1) Cruelty (1) Custody (1) Cute (1) death (3) Debt (2) Depression (4) Design (1) diary (1) Disability (1) Disgust (1) Disney (1) Distraction (2) Doctors (4) documentary (1) Dr Pike (1) Dreams (1) Drugs (1) DWP (1) Dye (1) Eating Patterns (1) ESA (1) Exhaustion (3) fair share (1) family (1) Films (1) Final Fantasy 7 (5) Flu (2) Fluid (1) Food (1) Friends (7) Gaming (2) Gizmo (2) glass half full (3) goodbye (1) GP (5) guidelines (1) Guiniea Pigs (6) Guitar (1) Hair (1) happiness (6) haters (1) Help (1) HND (2) home (3) home use (1) Honesty (3) Hope (4) Hospitals (8) Housework (1) Human Nature (1) Illness (5) Infection (5) inspiration (1) Instincts (1) Joke (1) JP (2) Judy (1) Labas (1) Life (2) lost cause (1) love (1) Luke (1) Lungs (3) Lush (1) Me (2) Medication (7) Memories (1) Mike (1) Mind (1) MSN (1) Music (6) My Past (1) Nathaniel (1) Nebuliser (8) Needles (1) neglect (2) Neighbor (2) new look (2) New year (1) NHS (2) Noise (5) Omen Shadow (2) One day's supply (1) Organ Donation (1) Pain (3) Patch (1) PDSA (1) Poem (1) Positivity (1) Pred (3) quotes (1) Rachael Wakefield (1) Rachy (1) Random ideas (1) Rant (1) Recovery (7) reinvention (2) Reporting (1) Routines (1) sad (1) salmonella (1) scared (1) Sean (1) Selfishness (1) Sephiroth (4) Sephy (3) Simon's Cat (1) Sims 2 (1) Sleep (6) Sorting it Out (1) Spite (1) Steve (1) Store Room (1) success (1) Support (2) Survival (4) Tattoos (1) tears (1) Technology (1) Temparature (1) Thank You (4) The Crow (1) Therapy (1) Thoughts (1) Thrash (1) Tired (1) Toys (1) Transformers (1) Transplant (1) Veins (1) Vomiting (1) warnings (1) West Midlands Ambulance Service (2) winter (1) work (1) Year (1)