For life's little ups and downs.

A rather quirky, funny and sometimes daunting look in to the life of someone who has a lot of health problems but does their best to keep positive. Punctuated by guinea pigs, anime, superheroes, transforming robots and cross stitching.

I started this blog to tell my story, about who I am and what I do. On top of the health problems and raising awareness for those, I also use my blog as a way to help promote other causes, particularly ones which affect the most vulnerable. I live with a number of different and complex health problems but I refuse to let anything get me down. I know how it feels to be discriminated against or thrown aside. This is me. This is my life. I live it and do what I want with it. Nature sets the limitations. We set the boundaries.

About Me:

A blog about life. I live with Type 1 Brittle Asthma, Bi-Polar Disorder, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder as well as Various Allergies, Neutropenia, Crohns Disease (my IBS was rediagnosed as Crohns), Osteo and Rheumatoid Arthritis, PCOS and Osteoporosis and Heredetary Spastic Paraplegia. I have recently also been diagnosed with Sleep Apnea (which makes me stop breathing in my sleep) I live with these conditions, but I refuse to let them keep me down and out. I still try and make the most of my days despite being so poorly and having to rely on my wheelchair, nebulisers, nearly 50 pills a day and 2l/min of oxygen and CPAP.

I'll flap my broken wings and erase it all someday... You'll see.

Friday 4 February 2011

URG!

I think I ought to get myself laminated. You know so nothing ever sticks to me and all the germs would wipe away, rather than manifest themselves in to my system and making me feel like death warmed over. All I did was go to a supermarket!!

Yesterday I had been somewhat unsettled, rattling from one thing to the next and not really taking a lot of time out to relax. Thing is, I have been very uneasy and in a lot of pain. My lungs were a bit grumpy and just don't seem to want to leave me to it just yet. So maybe rushing around and having a mad dash with the vacuum cleaner wasn't one of my better moves, but at the end of the day, it needed doing and these things really don't do themselves.

Today I just want to get some rest and maybe game for a bit. I have a game I was hunting all over for coming my way in the post now so I am happy about that. As well as the fact my skinny jeans slid on this morning without me having to undo them, not bad for jeans that 6 months ago, were 2 inches from making the button meet! That in itself is something of a small accomplishment isn't it? I also can get my old camo blazer back on, OK not quite at closure yet, but I can now wear it, so theres a start. I wouldn't mind, but the damage and stretching to my skin thanks to Pred means that I will always have loose, sagging skin around my stomach and boobs, but then again, maybe one day, I may go for a tummy tuck! If that can be afforded that is!

Last night, I was surprised by a call from Stacey. Bless her, she was really worried as I hadn't been online or texting much for well over 2 weeks. Truth be told, I just hadn't felt up to much and had spent the most part of that time either asleep or blogging. I go online and all of a sudden, my MSN was going mad with people wanting to catch up. Maybe what I want to say here is, if I am not online, its not that I don't want to talk, its probably more of a case that I just want to sleep or have been playing with my darling little pups!

The pups are really starting to show their little personalities. Hope is a sweet little thing who likes to get in to all kinds of mischief. I can't move from one end to another without him wheeking at me (or trying to wheek anyway, but he is so tiny and cute that it sounds like he inhaled helium!), he followed me around the bed yesterday, before settling on my belly and falling asleep. Very cute! Gizmo is a right little baby bull! Knows exactly where he wants to be and will he stop until he gets there? Will he heck! Just lately he has taken to gnawing the bars of the cage, hopefully something he will grow out of! Hope, however has a more... pressing matter. He is still humping like mad at the moment, but I think soon he will get the picture and stop it. Alphonse used to hump like there was no tomorrow, and then he grew out of it at the age of 8 months.

Loves
Wendy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I will review it as soon as possible!

Labels

ABG (2) acceptance (5) Adventures (1) Alphonse (2) Ambulances (5) Amusement (1) Angry (3) Animals (2) Another Day In Midgar (2) Appointment (1) Art (4) Asthma (22) Asthma Attack (12) Asthma UK (2) Awareness (2) Bad Attitudes (1) Bass (1) Benefits (3) Birthdays (3) Blogs (2) Blood Pressure (1) Books (1) Bucket List (1) Busy Day (2) Calming (1) Catherine (2) Childhood (2) Chocobo (1) Christmas (4) Cleaning (2) Close Calls (1) cold (1) Comforter (1) Compensation (2) Creativity (1) Cruelty (1) Custody (1) Cute (1) death (3) Debt (2) Depression (4) Design (1) diary (1) Disability (1) Disgust (1) Disney (1) Distraction (2) Doctors (4) documentary (1) Dr Pike (1) Dreams (1) Drugs (1) DWP (1) Dye (1) Eating Patterns (1) ESA (1) Exhaustion (3) fair share (1) family (1) Films (1) Final Fantasy 7 (5) Flu (2) Fluid (1) Food (1) Friends (7) Gaming (2) Gizmo (2) glass half full (3) goodbye (1) GP (5) guidelines (1) Guiniea Pigs (6) Guitar (1) Hair (1) happiness (6) haters (1) Help (1) HND (2) home (3) home use (1) Honesty (3) Hope (4) Hospitals (8) Housework (1) Human Nature (1) Illness (5) Infection (5) inspiration (1) Instincts (1) Joke (1) JP (2) Judy (1) Labas (1) Life (2) lost cause (1) love (1) Luke (1) Lungs (3) Lush (1) Me (2) Medication (7) Memories (1) Mike (1) Mind (1) MSN (1) Music (6) My Past (1) Nathaniel (1) Nebuliser (8) Needles (1) neglect (2) Neighbor (2) new look (2) New year (1) NHS (2) Noise (5) Omen Shadow (2) One day's supply (1) Organ Donation (1) Pain (3) Patch (1) PDSA (1) Poem (1) Positivity (1) Pred (3) quotes (1) Rachael Wakefield (1) Rachy (1) Random ideas (1) Rant (1) Recovery (7) reinvention (2) Reporting (1) Routines (1) sad (1) salmonella (1) scared (1) Sean (1) Selfishness (1) Sephiroth (4) Sephy (3) Simon's Cat (1) Sims 2 (1) Sleep (6) Sorting it Out (1) Spite (1) Steve (1) Store Room (1) success (1) Support (2) Survival (4) Tattoos (1) tears (1) Technology (1) Temparature (1) Thank You (4) The Crow (1) Therapy (1) Thoughts (1) Thrash (1) Tired (1) Toys (1) Transformers (1) Transplant (1) Veins (1) Vomiting (1) warnings (1) West Midlands Ambulance Service (2) winter (1) work (1) Year (1)