For life's little ups and downs.

A rather quirky, funny and sometimes daunting look in to the life of someone who has a lot of health problems but does their best to keep positive. Punctuated by guinea pigs, anime, superheroes, transforming robots and cross stitching.

I started this blog to tell my story, about who I am and what I do. On top of the health problems and raising awareness for those, I also use my blog as a way to help promote other causes, particularly ones which affect the most vulnerable. I live with a number of different and complex health problems but I refuse to let anything get me down. I know how it feels to be discriminated against or thrown aside. This is me. This is my life. I live it and do what I want with it. Nature sets the limitations. We set the boundaries.

About Me:

A blog about life. I live with Type 1 Brittle Asthma, Bi-Polar Disorder, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder as well as Various Allergies, Neutropenia, Crohns Disease (my IBS was rediagnosed as Crohns), Osteo and Rheumatoid Arthritis, PCOS and Osteoporosis and Heredetary Spastic Paraplegia. I have recently also been diagnosed with Sleep Apnea (which makes me stop breathing in my sleep) I live with these conditions, but I refuse to let them keep me down and out. I still try and make the most of my days despite being so poorly and having to rely on my wheelchair, nebulisers, nearly 50 pills a day and 2l/min of oxygen and CPAP.

I'll flap my broken wings and erase it all someday... You'll see.

Wednesday 2 February 2011

Routine

Have you ever noticed that as humans, we all work through specific routines when we do whatever we do at any time of day? I actually took a glance at my routine, especially my morning rituals. I wake up, usually around 10 if my chest is bad or earlier. I have a drink and make sure my drugs are taken by 10, ish. I looked at all the medicines I take, remembering what I would be like if I wasn't using them.
  • 40mg Prednisolone (currently on a reducing dose, but that always takes a while), my steroid tablets to calm the inflammation and wheezing.
  • 150mg Sertraline, an antidepressant, which also controls my spiralling OCD, when that can be controlled. 
  • Cod Liver Oil, Vitamin supplements and Glucosamine. Supplements for my diet to improve my general wellbeing and help boost my flagging immune system
  • Symbicort, steroid and long acting reliever. 
  • Beconase, for my rhinitis.
  • And then last (but not least) my Ventolin and Atrovent, now depending on how I feel or what my peak flow is, I can either neb this to a 5mg Ventolin to 500mcg Atrovent ratio, OR have it from my inhaler via a spacer for a 100mcg Ventolin to 20mcg Atrovent ratio. It just depends on how I feel really and what my lungs are up to.
  • Once a week, I have to take 70mg of Alendronic Acid. This is used to protect and help my bones, stopping them from fracturing.
  • As well as when I need it 2 Co-Codamil 30/500's. Painkillers, but I don't like how they make me sleepy when I have them, so I do try and leave those be as much as possible.
This is my usual morning, and it can seem sometimes like I have to put up with a lot when it comes to maintaining my health, monitoring my conditions and making sure everything is going to be in order, but really, when you consider how things can and often do go, it really is less hassle to just get on with it. I felt quite bad for the poor doctor last week as he had to write up my drug chart and protocols for the nurses to be able to give me the correct amount of medicine. It must have looked funny though. All that medicine for just one patient. A young one at that!

It was quite annoying though, I used my neb, like I was supposed to, only for the idiot next door to start banging on the wall, complaining! After all the noise he makes on a daily basis, he has no right to complain! After all, it is a MEDICAL device. Yes it is noisy, but it SAVES MY LIFE and means that I can be afforded some time at home, instead of being in hospital constantly, which would have been the case without it. Then there would be the constant complaints about ambulances turning up with blues and twos. Bare in mind its completely acceptable to play music so loudly that it rattles the whole building. He really is a toss-pot.

I am waiting now for my lovely new DS to arrive (with MANY thanks to Stephanie from TGPF for her kindness) and I am really looking forward to it. No scrap that it has JUST arrived!!

Loves
Wendy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I will review it as soon as possible!

Labels

ABG (2) acceptance (5) Adventures (1) Alphonse (2) Ambulances (5) Amusement (1) Angry (3) Animals (2) Another Day In Midgar (2) Appointment (1) Art (4) Asthma (22) Asthma Attack (12) Asthma UK (2) Awareness (2) Bad Attitudes (1) Bass (1) Benefits (3) Birthdays (3) Blogs (2) Blood Pressure (1) Books (1) Bucket List (1) Busy Day (2) Calming (1) Catherine (2) Childhood (2) Chocobo (1) Christmas (4) Cleaning (2) Close Calls (1) cold (1) Comforter (1) Compensation (2) Creativity (1) Cruelty (1) Custody (1) Cute (1) death (3) Debt (2) Depression (4) Design (1) diary (1) Disability (1) Disgust (1) Disney (1) Distraction (2) Doctors (4) documentary (1) Dr Pike (1) Dreams (1) Drugs (1) DWP (1) Dye (1) Eating Patterns (1) ESA (1) Exhaustion (3) fair share (1) family (1) Films (1) Final Fantasy 7 (5) Flu (2) Fluid (1) Food (1) Friends (7) Gaming (2) Gizmo (2) glass half full (3) goodbye (1) GP (5) guidelines (1) Guiniea Pigs (6) Guitar (1) Hair (1) happiness (6) haters (1) Help (1) HND (2) home (3) home use (1) Honesty (3) Hope (4) Hospitals (8) Housework (1) Human Nature (1) Illness (5) Infection (5) inspiration (1) Instincts (1) Joke (1) JP (2) Judy (1) Labas (1) Life (2) lost cause (1) love (1) Luke (1) Lungs (3) Lush (1) Me (2) Medication (7) Memories (1) Mike (1) Mind (1) MSN (1) Music (6) My Past (1) Nathaniel (1) Nebuliser (8) Needles (1) neglect (2) Neighbor (2) new look (2) New year (1) NHS (2) Noise (5) Omen Shadow (2) One day's supply (1) Organ Donation (1) Pain (3) Patch (1) PDSA (1) Poem (1) Positivity (1) Pred (3) quotes (1) Rachael Wakefield (1) Rachy (1) Random ideas (1) Rant (1) Recovery (7) reinvention (2) Reporting (1) Routines (1) sad (1) salmonella (1) scared (1) Sean (1) Selfishness (1) Sephiroth (4) Sephy (3) Simon's Cat (1) Sims 2 (1) Sleep (6) Sorting it Out (1) Spite (1) Steve (1) Store Room (1) success (1) Support (2) Survival (4) Tattoos (1) tears (1) Technology (1) Temparature (1) Thank You (4) The Crow (1) Therapy (1) Thoughts (1) Thrash (1) Tired (1) Toys (1) Transformers (1) Transplant (1) Veins (1) Vomiting (1) warnings (1) West Midlands Ambulance Service (2) winter (1) work (1) Year (1)