For life's little ups and downs.

A rather quirky, funny and sometimes daunting look in to the life of someone who has a lot of health problems but does their best to keep positive. Punctuated by guinea pigs, anime, superheroes, transforming robots and cross stitching.

I started this blog to tell my story, about who I am and what I do. On top of the health problems and raising awareness for those, I also use my blog as a way to help promote other causes, particularly ones which affect the most vulnerable. I live with a number of different and complex health problems but I refuse to let anything get me down. I know how it feels to be discriminated against or thrown aside. This is me. This is my life. I live it and do what I want with it. Nature sets the limitations. We set the boundaries.

About Me:

A blog about life. I live with Type 1 Brittle Asthma, Bi-Polar Disorder, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder as well as Various Allergies, Neutropenia, Crohns Disease (my IBS was rediagnosed as Crohns), Osteo and Rheumatoid Arthritis, PCOS and Osteoporosis and Heredetary Spastic Paraplegia. I have recently also been diagnosed with Sleep Apnea (which makes me stop breathing in my sleep) I live with these conditions, but I refuse to let them keep me down and out. I still try and make the most of my days despite being so poorly and having to rely on my wheelchair, nebulisers, nearly 50 pills a day and 2l/min of oxygen and CPAP.

I'll flap my broken wings and erase it all someday... You'll see.

Thursday 10 May 2012

Yard Work...

People who know me will agree when I say that I am not a gardener. I have never been green fingered and to be honest thats never bothered me. I was always something of an "Indoor Girl", either dedicating time to art or music. I'm working on some canvas paintings as well as some paintings on the actual walls of our flat. Its a fun and relaxing hobby, but unfortunately the neighbors didn't share my lack of enthusiasm towards gardening. So I met with the local council and environmental officer and asked them to help me clean up the garden so that it will be easier for Becky and I to maintain, but there has been one condition, which I feel is fair. I need to clear the rubbish (namely the build-up of foam from an old sofa, long story short) and then the help is there.

It is my aim now to have the garden cleared and usable so we can sit in there over the summer, maybe with a glass of wine or something nice. Last year I was so overwhelmed by the state of my garden and I think it was near impossible for me to tackle it by myself. My biggest regret really was having to dump the old sofa in there, but at the time there really was little more that I could do. Not helped that by the end of that month I shattered my arm and couldn't move it until recently.

Becky and I work together, we're planning some Final Fantasy themed works in the house and the work of sorting the garden out. I was tired afterwards but I smiled after shifting 3 bags of this foul smelling stuff and clearing the garden path. Its been over a year since that path has been clear. Stagnant water had gathered in some places and the smell was indescribable. But I did it and I felt so proud of myself afterwards. I think it was because I had the get up and go to just get on with it. Now it's not just me here by myself theres a lot more of a reason to do things and I feel great afterwards. As my projects progress, I intend to update my readers on my progress on those. Instead of words, I think I want to update with pictures and photos of what I have been up to. This photograph was taken after I'd shifted the 3 bags of smelly gunge and after who knows how long the garden path was finally clear. What I need to do now is get a hose and a yard brush, then I can scrub down the concrete. It should look nice, and when the lawn is cleared, re-seeded in places and mowed, it will look meticulous and will complement the rest of my home.

I'm happy here and I want to make my home reflect that. Yes its not exactly glamorous, I mean a flat in an estate that looks remarkably like Highfields in Stafford is hardly the place of celebrities, but its a home. Its filled with happy moments, hilarious conversations and going to bed, not fearful of the next day, but laughing so much that you feel like you may burst at the seams! It is so much fun when you live with friends, rather than people you have been intimately involved with. I mean when we're here together we can end up making each other laugh. I missed it. I missed the sound, the feeling and that freedom to just be myself.

I think spending time by myself was good for me. Ever since I was 16, I have been in relationships. The longest time I spent by myself was about 6 weeks and in some ways, I think I needed some time to reconnect with who I am now, rather than shrinking back in to that scared and vulnerable 16 year old who was suddenly a lot older, had more responsibilities and more other things to look at and look forward to. I have grown up in myself and I have let myself let go of the past and say "Yeah OK so that was dumb, but tomorrow is another day" and that is what sets me apart from others. That inner strength and maturity to just move on with life rather than dwelling and wallowing in the past and self pity. You can either sit there and play the victim, or you get up, make your life what you want it to be and grow emotionally. That is what I reminded myself every day when I was feeling sorry for myself, I just decided to take control of my life and move forwards.

Loves
Wendy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I will review it as soon as possible!

Labels

ABG (2) acceptance (5) Adventures (1) Alphonse (2) Ambulances (5) Amusement (1) Angry (3) Animals (2) Another Day In Midgar (2) Appointment (1) Art (4) Asthma (22) Asthma Attack (12) Asthma UK (2) Awareness (2) Bad Attitudes (1) Bass (1) Benefits (3) Birthdays (3) Blogs (2) Blood Pressure (1) Books (1) Bucket List (1) Busy Day (2) Calming (1) Catherine (2) Childhood (2) Chocobo (1) Christmas (4) Cleaning (2) Close Calls (1) cold (1) Comforter (1) Compensation (2) Creativity (1) Cruelty (1) Custody (1) Cute (1) death (3) Debt (2) Depression (4) Design (1) diary (1) Disability (1) Disgust (1) Disney (1) Distraction (2) Doctors (4) documentary (1) Dr Pike (1) Dreams (1) Drugs (1) DWP (1) Dye (1) Eating Patterns (1) ESA (1) Exhaustion (3) fair share (1) family (1) Films (1) Final Fantasy 7 (5) Flu (2) Fluid (1) Food (1) Friends (7) Gaming (2) Gizmo (2) glass half full (3) goodbye (1) GP (5) guidelines (1) Guiniea Pigs (6) Guitar (1) Hair (1) happiness (6) haters (1) Help (1) HND (2) home (3) home use (1) Honesty (3) Hope (4) Hospitals (8) Housework (1) Human Nature (1) Illness (5) Infection (5) inspiration (1) Instincts (1) Joke (1) JP (2) Judy (1) Labas (1) Life (2) lost cause (1) love (1) Luke (1) Lungs (3) Lush (1) Me (2) Medication (7) Memories (1) Mike (1) Mind (1) MSN (1) Music (6) My Past (1) Nathaniel (1) Nebuliser (8) Needles (1) neglect (2) Neighbor (2) new look (2) New year (1) NHS (2) Noise (5) Omen Shadow (2) One day's supply (1) Organ Donation (1) Pain (3) Patch (1) PDSA (1) Poem (1) Positivity (1) Pred (3) quotes (1) Rachael Wakefield (1) Rachy (1) Random ideas (1) Rant (1) Recovery (7) reinvention (2) Reporting (1) Routines (1) sad (1) salmonella (1) scared (1) Sean (1) Selfishness (1) Sephiroth (4) Sephy (3) Simon's Cat (1) Sims 2 (1) Sleep (6) Sorting it Out (1) Spite (1) Steve (1) Store Room (1) success (1) Support (2) Survival (4) Tattoos (1) tears (1) Technology (1) Temparature (1) Thank You (4) The Crow (1) Therapy (1) Thoughts (1) Thrash (1) Tired (1) Toys (1) Transformers (1) Transplant (1) Veins (1) Vomiting (1) warnings (1) West Midlands Ambulance Service (2) winter (1) work (1) Year (1)