For life's little ups and downs.

A rather quirky, funny and sometimes daunting look in to the life of someone who has a lot of health problems but does their best to keep positive. Punctuated by guinea pigs, anime, superheroes, transforming robots and cross stitching.

I started this blog to tell my story, about who I am and what I do. On top of the health problems and raising awareness for those, I also use my blog as a way to help promote other causes, particularly ones which affect the most vulnerable. I live with a number of different and complex health problems but I refuse to let anything get me down. I know how it feels to be discriminated against or thrown aside. This is me. This is my life. I live it and do what I want with it. Nature sets the limitations. We set the boundaries.

About Me:

A blog about life. I live with Type 1 Brittle Asthma, Bi-Polar Disorder, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder as well as Various Allergies, Neutropenia, Crohns Disease (my IBS was rediagnosed as Crohns), Osteo and Rheumatoid Arthritis, PCOS and Osteoporosis and Heredetary Spastic Paraplegia. I have recently also been diagnosed with Sleep Apnea (which makes me stop breathing in my sleep) I live with these conditions, but I refuse to let them keep me down and out. I still try and make the most of my days despite being so poorly and having to rely on my wheelchair, nebulisers, nearly 50 pills a day and 2l/min of oxygen and CPAP.

I'll flap my broken wings and erase it all someday... You'll see.

Wednesday 2 May 2012

Natural Healing...

I have always wondered about things such as aromatherapy and how certain minerals and herbs can be used to improve your general health and especially the skin. I have very very delicate skin and only certain products can be used, lest I end up with a massive skin rash and generally scaly unhealthy looking skin. So instead I tend to look at natural products and things that have herbs and other things in to not only cleanse the skin, but leave it fresh, silky and generally lovely.

You can then imagine the sheer delight I felt when a Lush shop opened in my local shopping centre. I had been introduced to Lush by an old friend at college (my first year which was my AS year) who brought me a small gift set from there. Inside there were 2 products that even now I like to use and love the scent of. One was a Creamy Candy Bath bubble bar (I break those up in to bits so that I can use them in several baths) and a piece of Rock Star soap (a favourite even now). During my gap year I really got in to using their stuff and now it is pretty much all I use.

This morning I was feeling a bit flat and needed a boost so I had a nice, hot bath in nourishing seaweed and sea salt. It smelled like the seaside and brightened my mood considerably. After soaking in that for a while, I was relaxed and happy, before washing with my other favourite soap, 13 Unlucky for Dirt. Whats great about that stuff, other than the smell is how it leaves my skin feeling silky and soft as well as clean and fresh. By the time I was finished in the bath, I was refreshed and now ready to face a day.

As for how things are progressing with me, well I think the slow progress is probably a good thing. Right now between the two of us has been some rather funny adventures. Today we've been Superheroes. OK so we've been walking around with Iron Man and Thor helmets on and Iron Man's special noisy button thing. Yeah, we're insane but we do have a lot of fun. To see Becky laugh like that is just something that I like to see. And for me, it was nice to forget about being ill for a while and just focus on having a bit of harmless Super Hero fun. Next week we want to see the Avengers so I am currently catching up on Captain America. Oh and watching Becky reenact Thor's coffee mug scene (except instead of throwing a mug, she threw my old dead battery!

Loves
Wendy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I will review it as soon as possible!

Labels

ABG (2) acceptance (5) Adventures (1) Alphonse (2) Ambulances (5) Amusement (1) Angry (3) Animals (2) Another Day In Midgar (2) Appointment (1) Art (4) Asthma (22) Asthma Attack (12) Asthma UK (2) Awareness (2) Bad Attitudes (1) Bass (1) Benefits (3) Birthdays (3) Blogs (2) Blood Pressure (1) Books (1) Bucket List (1) Busy Day (2) Calming (1) Catherine (2) Childhood (2) Chocobo (1) Christmas (4) Cleaning (2) Close Calls (1) cold (1) Comforter (1) Compensation (2) Creativity (1) Cruelty (1) Custody (1) Cute (1) death (3) Debt (2) Depression (4) Design (1) diary (1) Disability (1) Disgust (1) Disney (1) Distraction (2) Doctors (4) documentary (1) Dr Pike (1) Dreams (1) Drugs (1) DWP (1) Dye (1) Eating Patterns (1) ESA (1) Exhaustion (3) fair share (1) family (1) Films (1) Final Fantasy 7 (5) Flu (2) Fluid (1) Food (1) Friends (7) Gaming (2) Gizmo (2) glass half full (3) goodbye (1) GP (5) guidelines (1) Guiniea Pigs (6) Guitar (1) Hair (1) happiness (6) haters (1) Help (1) HND (2) home (3) home use (1) Honesty (3) Hope (4) Hospitals (8) Housework (1) Human Nature (1) Illness (5) Infection (5) inspiration (1) Instincts (1) Joke (1) JP (2) Judy (1) Labas (1) Life (2) lost cause (1) love (1) Luke (1) Lungs (3) Lush (1) Me (2) Medication (7) Memories (1) Mike (1) Mind (1) MSN (1) Music (6) My Past (1) Nathaniel (1) Nebuliser (8) Needles (1) neglect (2) Neighbor (2) new look (2) New year (1) NHS (2) Noise (5) Omen Shadow (2) One day's supply (1) Organ Donation (1) Pain (3) Patch (1) PDSA (1) Poem (1) Positivity (1) Pred (3) quotes (1) Rachael Wakefield (1) Rachy (1) Random ideas (1) Rant (1) Recovery (7) reinvention (2) Reporting (1) Routines (1) sad (1) salmonella (1) scared (1) Sean (1) Selfishness (1) Sephiroth (4) Sephy (3) Simon's Cat (1) Sims 2 (1) Sleep (6) Sorting it Out (1) Spite (1) Steve (1) Store Room (1) success (1) Support (2) Survival (4) Tattoos (1) tears (1) Technology (1) Temparature (1) Thank You (4) The Crow (1) Therapy (1) Thoughts (1) Thrash (1) Tired (1) Toys (1) Transformers (1) Transplant (1) Veins (1) Vomiting (1) warnings (1) West Midlands Ambulance Service (2) winter (1) work (1) Year (1)