For life's little ups and downs.

A rather quirky, funny and sometimes daunting look in to the life of someone who has a lot of health problems but does their best to keep positive. Punctuated by guinea pigs, anime, superheroes, transforming robots and cross stitching.

I started this blog to tell my story, about who I am and what I do. On top of the health problems and raising awareness for those, I also use my blog as a way to help promote other causes, particularly ones which affect the most vulnerable. I live with a number of different and complex health problems but I refuse to let anything get me down. I know how it feels to be discriminated against or thrown aside. This is me. This is my life. I live it and do what I want with it. Nature sets the limitations. We set the boundaries.

About Me:

A blog about life. I live with Type 1 Brittle Asthma, Bi-Polar Disorder, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder as well as Various Allergies, Neutropenia, Crohns Disease (my IBS was rediagnosed as Crohns), Osteo and Rheumatoid Arthritis, PCOS and Osteoporosis and Heredetary Spastic Paraplegia. I have recently also been diagnosed with Sleep Apnea (which makes me stop breathing in my sleep) I live with these conditions, but I refuse to let them keep me down and out. I still try and make the most of my days despite being so poorly and having to rely on my wheelchair, nebulisers, nearly 50 pills a day and 2l/min of oxygen and CPAP.

I'll flap my broken wings and erase it all someday... You'll see.

Thursday 17 May 2012

Fun Times and Gardening...

Well our adventures in the garden are starting to finally bear some kind of result. Between Becky, Nat and myself we have managed to get rid of the weeds (Nat did this for me yesterday, it only took about 3-4 hours and he cleared the lot!) and a lot of the junk that had built up in my garden over the last few years (some mine, some other tenants and other people just dumping their rubbish where they see fit) and it actually began to show that people have been working on the garden. This is good for me really as it has been a boost to my personal confidence as well as my pride in my home.

Its weird to think that just a week ago the garden was a complete stye. With foam and mouldy things in there, dandelion plants that were so advanced they were practically bushes as well as other, more unusual looking weeds which we had no idea what they were or why they were even there. The next thing I aim to do is get up all the crab-grass which is dying or even dead and get some grass seed. Plant some fresh, new grass and when the next spring comes enjoy my new fresh lawn (sadly this can only be achieved over the autumn, but that is OK, I can use the time between then and now to clear whats left of the weeds and prepare the soil for the next stage) and the new flowers we are growing to add colour.

We have affectionately dubbed the project as the "ADIM Garden" as the 3 members on the team (a pet project of my own creation) are all working together to create a place that Angeal Hewley (from Crisis Core and a character who is known for his keen gardening skills) would be proud of! As well as giving us a place to relax and enjoy ourselves with the guinea pigs as well (we intend to get a run for the guinea pigs so that they can frolic and play together without fear of cats/dogs and other people disturbing them) as the weather gets warmer and the summer comes in. It is the intention that this year we make the most of the summer months and I am not going to spend this year hidden away from people. That and Becky is probably getting sick of me looking so pale and sickly!

So far this year has been full of some really fantastic changes. Some were welcome and easy. Others were hard and, at times it has to be said, frustrating, but it has all been worth it. Life is a lot more what I want it to be and its great to have a roommate who understands me as a person. I am a happy person. I have a new love in my life and he means the world to me as well as the wonderful friends who have made my home a place of just laughter and pleasure. I love these people and they will always be a part of me as I am a part of them.

I leave you now with a photo of Becky and Nat after clearing the garden of weeds and rubbish. I am fond of this picture I must say! Its a moment when we all felt like laughing because we had cleared it and it actually LOOKS like a garden these days!

Loves
Wendy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I will review it as soon as possible!

Labels

ABG (2) acceptance (5) Adventures (1) Alphonse (2) Ambulances (5) Amusement (1) Angry (3) Animals (2) Another Day In Midgar (2) Appointment (1) Art (4) Asthma (22) Asthma Attack (12) Asthma UK (2) Awareness (2) Bad Attitudes (1) Bass (1) Benefits (3) Birthdays (3) Blogs (2) Blood Pressure (1) Books (1) Bucket List (1) Busy Day (2) Calming (1) Catherine (2) Childhood (2) Chocobo (1) Christmas (4) Cleaning (2) Close Calls (1) cold (1) Comforter (1) Compensation (2) Creativity (1) Cruelty (1) Custody (1) Cute (1) death (3) Debt (2) Depression (4) Design (1) diary (1) Disability (1) Disgust (1) Disney (1) Distraction (2) Doctors (4) documentary (1) Dr Pike (1) Dreams (1) Drugs (1) DWP (1) Dye (1) Eating Patterns (1) ESA (1) Exhaustion (3) fair share (1) family (1) Films (1) Final Fantasy 7 (5) Flu (2) Fluid (1) Food (1) Friends (7) Gaming (2) Gizmo (2) glass half full (3) goodbye (1) GP (5) guidelines (1) Guiniea Pigs (6) Guitar (1) Hair (1) happiness (6) haters (1) Help (1) HND (2) home (3) home use (1) Honesty (3) Hope (4) Hospitals (8) Housework (1) Human Nature (1) Illness (5) Infection (5) inspiration (1) Instincts (1) Joke (1) JP (2) Judy (1) Labas (1) Life (2) lost cause (1) love (1) Luke (1) Lungs (3) Lush (1) Me (2) Medication (7) Memories (1) Mike (1) Mind (1) MSN (1) Music (6) My Past (1) Nathaniel (1) Nebuliser (8) Needles (1) neglect (2) Neighbor (2) new look (2) New year (1) NHS (2) Noise (5) Omen Shadow (2) One day's supply (1) Organ Donation (1) Pain (3) Patch (1) PDSA (1) Poem (1) Positivity (1) Pred (3) quotes (1) Rachael Wakefield (1) Rachy (1) Random ideas (1) Rant (1) Recovery (7) reinvention (2) Reporting (1) Routines (1) sad (1) salmonella (1) scared (1) Sean (1) Selfishness (1) Sephiroth (4) Sephy (3) Simon's Cat (1) Sims 2 (1) Sleep (6) Sorting it Out (1) Spite (1) Steve (1) Store Room (1) success (1) Support (2) Survival (4) Tattoos (1) tears (1) Technology (1) Temparature (1) Thank You (4) The Crow (1) Therapy (1) Thoughts (1) Thrash (1) Tired (1) Toys (1) Transformers (1) Transplant (1) Veins (1) Vomiting (1) warnings (1) West Midlands Ambulance Service (2) winter (1) work (1) Year (1)