For life's little ups and downs.

A rather quirky, funny and sometimes daunting look in to the life of someone who has a lot of health problems but does their best to keep positive. Punctuated by guinea pigs, anime, superheroes, transforming robots and cross stitching.

I started this blog to tell my story, about who I am and what I do. On top of the health problems and raising awareness for those, I also use my blog as a way to help promote other causes, particularly ones which affect the most vulnerable. I live with a number of different and complex health problems but I refuse to let anything get me down. I know how it feels to be discriminated against or thrown aside. This is me. This is my life. I live it and do what I want with it. Nature sets the limitations. We set the boundaries.

About Me:

A blog about life. I live with Type 1 Brittle Asthma, Bi-Polar Disorder, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder as well as Various Allergies, Neutropenia, Crohns Disease (my IBS was rediagnosed as Crohns), Osteo and Rheumatoid Arthritis, PCOS and Osteoporosis and Heredetary Spastic Paraplegia. I have recently also been diagnosed with Sleep Apnea (which makes me stop breathing in my sleep) I live with these conditions, but I refuse to let them keep me down and out. I still try and make the most of my days despite being so poorly and having to rely on my wheelchair, nebulisers, nearly 50 pills a day and 2l/min of oxygen and CPAP.

I'll flap my broken wings and erase it all someday... You'll see.

Friday 8 July 2011

A Mental Kick Up The Arse...

I like it when life does that. You get thrown what one would consider to be a curve ball, but it actually works out pretty good because after like 13 years or something like that, you finally manage to get some emotional closure on an issue, event or even person who has been bugging you for so long that it soon begins to feel like you are carrying some giant boulder over your shoulder and then it really does start to feel like you're carrying something that seems to get heavier the longer you have it.

I think the issue that had been distressing me most was the issue of an absent parent who left me with more emotional scars than the sibling that left various physical ones and permanent injuries to parts of my body. As a result of the things that happened, I was left with various scars, damage to my ribcage from multiple undetected fractures which from a test were shown to be inflicted from ages as young as 11 and 12 years old. Damage to the bones in my throat, and lower spine, damage to discs and a curve in my spine with means that I walk and stand at a slant and not to mention damage to my facial bones from where I was hit in the face by people. For someone whose "family" would like to assume that my childhood was free any physical and emotional abuse, I seem to have a LOT of unexplained injuries don't I?

One of the damages to my lower spine was an accident and my eldest brother would NEVER have thought of injuring me like that deliberately. It is a shame that prompt treatment was never provided for whatever reason as I would have been spared the permanent damage to the lower part of my spine which can be so painful some days that even simply walking to the toilet can be excruciating and those days I have to use a crutch to get around, lest I lose sensation in my legs again. This could mean I could need surgery on this sooner rather than later. I don't blame my brother for the accident. He was a kid and he never meant any harm. My mother should have known better and should have gotten a spinal injury like that seen to, and I am told that I have been lucky that the small fractures had not caused me to become paralysed.

I think just lately, I have been re-evaluating the relationships in my life and cutting away the people who have caused me nothing but harm, heartache and making me feel very unimportant and disallowed to get the help I need for the complex assortment of physical and mental health problems that I have been left with as a direct result of people who I should have been able to trust and who should have helped me when I needed it. I then decided that maybe people like that should not be allowed a part in the life I have, as it would be their ambition to tear away everything I have and whittle me down to a small girl who would never be able to have her own life. Not how I ever want to be. Ever Again.

So my new family seems to comprise of my Nan Jordan who pretty much raised all 3 of us at one stage or another, although myself and my middle brother never lived there, she was more of a maternal instinct in our lives, regardless of what anyone else would say. My Auntie Rose who has always stayed in touch with me and kept me up to date, not to mention her husband and my Uncle Anthony and their little child, Daniel. My Brother Richard who has always looked out for me and helped when I needed it, we have had the usual fights siblings have, but he has always treated me like a sister and not a physical and emotional punching bag as well as his little children Katie who is becoming a right little madam and Lincoln, the new baby of the family. Throughout my childhood, Nan, Auntie Rose and Richard were among the few people who saw through what my mother wanted other people to see and think as to where my injuries were coming from. If he had seen it, I know Rich would have stopped our other brother from doing what he was doing.

My family has gotten bigger lately. Now I am with Tom, I have been accepted in to his fold with his housemates and as a part of the family by Joey and their son Oliver along with Joey's new partner Dave. I am honoured that I was called Oliver's Step Mum the other day and that really did bring a smile to my face.

It has taken me a long time, but I have finally found my niche in life and its amazing. Even though certain people want to see this life crumble and fall at my feet, I know for a fact that the way things are now is permanent and I never want that to change ever again.

"I will not stray. I will trust this love and with it keep on living."

Loves
Wendy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I will review it as soon as possible!

Labels

ABG (2) acceptance (5) Adventures (1) Alphonse (2) Ambulances (5) Amusement (1) Angry (3) Animals (2) Another Day In Midgar (2) Appointment (1) Art (4) Asthma (22) Asthma Attack (12) Asthma UK (2) Awareness (2) Bad Attitudes (1) Bass (1) Benefits (3) Birthdays (3) Blogs (2) Blood Pressure (1) Books (1) Bucket List (1) Busy Day (2) Calming (1) Catherine (2) Childhood (2) Chocobo (1) Christmas (4) Cleaning (2) Close Calls (1) cold (1) Comforter (1) Compensation (2) Creativity (1) Cruelty (1) Custody (1) Cute (1) death (3) Debt (2) Depression (4) Design (1) diary (1) Disability (1) Disgust (1) Disney (1) Distraction (2) Doctors (4) documentary (1) Dr Pike (1) Dreams (1) Drugs (1) DWP (1) Dye (1) Eating Patterns (1) ESA (1) Exhaustion (3) fair share (1) family (1) Films (1) Final Fantasy 7 (5) Flu (2) Fluid (1) Food (1) Friends (7) Gaming (2) Gizmo (2) glass half full (3) goodbye (1) GP (5) guidelines (1) Guiniea Pigs (6) Guitar (1) Hair (1) happiness (6) haters (1) Help (1) HND (2) home (3) home use (1) Honesty (3) Hope (4) Hospitals (8) Housework (1) Human Nature (1) Illness (5) Infection (5) inspiration (1) Instincts (1) Joke (1) JP (2) Judy (1) Labas (1) Life (2) lost cause (1) love (1) Luke (1) Lungs (3) Lush (1) Me (2) Medication (7) Memories (1) Mike (1) Mind (1) MSN (1) Music (6) My Past (1) Nathaniel (1) Nebuliser (8) Needles (1) neglect (2) Neighbor (2) new look (2) New year (1) NHS (2) Noise (5) Omen Shadow (2) One day's supply (1) Organ Donation (1) Pain (3) Patch (1) PDSA (1) Poem (1) Positivity (1) Pred (3) quotes (1) Rachael Wakefield (1) Rachy (1) Random ideas (1) Rant (1) Recovery (7) reinvention (2) Reporting (1) Routines (1) sad (1) salmonella (1) scared (1) Sean (1) Selfishness (1) Sephiroth (4) Sephy (3) Simon's Cat (1) Sims 2 (1) Sleep (6) Sorting it Out (1) Spite (1) Steve (1) Store Room (1) success (1) Support (2) Survival (4) Tattoos (1) tears (1) Technology (1) Temparature (1) Thank You (4) The Crow (1) Therapy (1) Thoughts (1) Thrash (1) Tired (1) Toys (1) Transformers (1) Transplant (1) Veins (1) Vomiting (1) warnings (1) West Midlands Ambulance Service (2) winter (1) work (1) Year (1)