For life's little ups and downs.

A rather quirky, funny and sometimes daunting look in to the life of someone who has a lot of health problems but does their best to keep positive. Punctuated by guinea pigs, anime, superheroes, transforming robots and cross stitching.

I started this blog to tell my story, about who I am and what I do. On top of the health problems and raising awareness for those, I also use my blog as a way to help promote other causes, particularly ones which affect the most vulnerable. I live with a number of different and complex health problems but I refuse to let anything get me down. I know how it feels to be discriminated against or thrown aside. This is me. This is my life. I live it and do what I want with it. Nature sets the limitations. We set the boundaries.

About Me:

A blog about life. I live with Type 1 Brittle Asthma, Bi-Polar Disorder, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder as well as Various Allergies, Neutropenia, Crohns Disease (my IBS was rediagnosed as Crohns), Osteo and Rheumatoid Arthritis, PCOS and Osteoporosis and Heredetary Spastic Paraplegia. I have recently also been diagnosed with Sleep Apnea (which makes me stop breathing in my sleep) I live with these conditions, but I refuse to let them keep me down and out. I still try and make the most of my days despite being so poorly and having to rely on my wheelchair, nebulisers, nearly 50 pills a day and 2l/min of oxygen and CPAP.

I'll flap my broken wings and erase it all someday... You'll see.

Thursday 7 July 2011

Hope...

After the shock of Alphonse's sudden departure and everything else that went with that, it was a massive shock to find that poor Hope was a little worse for wear at the weekend. It had been a warm day on Saturday and myself and Tom had taken a trip to see my family back in Stafford, it was a brilliant day and I finally got to see my new nephew, Lincoln.

We had gotten back rather late and had settled down to some anime and powering down before bed, until I had gone to check what the lads were up to, 3 boars never usually means quiet by any stretch of the imagination, so to see Patch and Ichigo cuddled up together in a corner, I found it strange that they were missing one. Poor Hope was lying on his side, twitching and a large amount of goo around his eyes. It looked like the poor little mite had suffered a stroke before we had gotten back, so he had stabilised at least.

I carefully and gently scooped him up in to my arms and a blanket and cuddled him as he began to rouse, carefully letting him have some water and food as he was probably starving and starting to dehydrate. We were scared that he wouldn't make the night, but it was fortunate that wasn't the case. He began to recover and by then was squeaking loudly at me.

That was 4 days ago and I am really happy to say that he is almost back to nortmal, pestering his cagemates and making sure that he gets more than enough food and water. I do feel better knowing that he will recover very quickly and will soon be back to 100% normality. He has been a bit more clingy towards me as of late and tends to make a lot of noise until he gets cuddles, I guess there is nothing like saving a small creature's life to strengthen the bond.

It's been very tense lately and a lot has gone on. That last post was made on the advice of a psychologist and it gave me a well needed chance to finally say what I needed to, to seal and contain the past exactly where it should be.

The plan this weekend is to enjoy myself with friends and my loved one, return on Monday and begin another happy week with my DLA coming in on Tuesday, which will mean that I can get my next couple of series of Naruto. Over the last week, I watched the first 4 series one after the other, lapping up the story and enjoying the characters. OK so Naruto himself can be infuriating, but as time goes on, he kind of begins to grow on you. My favourite character Kakashi is becoming even more facinating and I really want to find out the origins of his Sharingan eye, inherited from his dying friend Obito Uchiha. I want to find out what the story is there and what happened to the squad.

Ah well, I seem to be babbling again!

Loves
Wendy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I will review it as soon as possible!

Labels

ABG (2) acceptance (5) Adventures (1) Alphonse (2) Ambulances (5) Amusement (1) Angry (3) Animals (2) Another Day In Midgar (2) Appointment (1) Art (4) Asthma (22) Asthma Attack (12) Asthma UK (2) Awareness (2) Bad Attitudes (1) Bass (1) Benefits (3) Birthdays (3) Blogs (2) Blood Pressure (1) Books (1) Bucket List (1) Busy Day (2) Calming (1) Catherine (2) Childhood (2) Chocobo (1) Christmas (4) Cleaning (2) Close Calls (1) cold (1) Comforter (1) Compensation (2) Creativity (1) Cruelty (1) Custody (1) Cute (1) death (3) Debt (2) Depression (4) Design (1) diary (1) Disability (1) Disgust (1) Disney (1) Distraction (2) Doctors (4) documentary (1) Dr Pike (1) Dreams (1) Drugs (1) DWP (1) Dye (1) Eating Patterns (1) ESA (1) Exhaustion (3) fair share (1) family (1) Films (1) Final Fantasy 7 (5) Flu (2) Fluid (1) Food (1) Friends (7) Gaming (2) Gizmo (2) glass half full (3) goodbye (1) GP (5) guidelines (1) Guiniea Pigs (6) Guitar (1) Hair (1) happiness (6) haters (1) Help (1) HND (2) home (3) home use (1) Honesty (3) Hope (4) Hospitals (8) Housework (1) Human Nature (1) Illness (5) Infection (5) inspiration (1) Instincts (1) Joke (1) JP (2) Judy (1) Labas (1) Life (2) lost cause (1) love (1) Luke (1) Lungs (3) Lush (1) Me (2) Medication (7) Memories (1) Mike (1) Mind (1) MSN (1) Music (6) My Past (1) Nathaniel (1) Nebuliser (8) Needles (1) neglect (2) Neighbor (2) new look (2) New year (1) NHS (2) Noise (5) Omen Shadow (2) One day's supply (1) Organ Donation (1) Pain (3) Patch (1) PDSA (1) Poem (1) Positivity (1) Pred (3) quotes (1) Rachael Wakefield (1) Rachy (1) Random ideas (1) Rant (1) Recovery (7) reinvention (2) Reporting (1) Routines (1) sad (1) salmonella (1) scared (1) Sean (1) Selfishness (1) Sephiroth (4) Sephy (3) Simon's Cat (1) Sims 2 (1) Sleep (6) Sorting it Out (1) Spite (1) Steve (1) Store Room (1) success (1) Support (2) Survival (4) Tattoos (1) tears (1) Technology (1) Temparature (1) Thank You (4) The Crow (1) Therapy (1) Thoughts (1) Thrash (1) Tired (1) Toys (1) Transformers (1) Transplant (1) Veins (1) Vomiting (1) warnings (1) West Midlands Ambulance Service (2) winter (1) work (1) Year (1)