For life's little ups and downs.

A rather quirky, funny and sometimes daunting look in to the life of someone who has a lot of health problems but does their best to keep positive. Punctuated by guinea pigs, anime, superheroes, transforming robots and cross stitching.

I started this blog to tell my story, about who I am and what I do. On top of the health problems and raising awareness for those, I also use my blog as a way to help promote other causes, particularly ones which affect the most vulnerable. I live with a number of different and complex health problems but I refuse to let anything get me down. I know how it feels to be discriminated against or thrown aside. This is me. This is my life. I live it and do what I want with it. Nature sets the limitations. We set the boundaries.

About Me:

A blog about life. I live with Type 1 Brittle Asthma, Bi-Polar Disorder, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder as well as Various Allergies, Neutropenia, Crohns Disease (my IBS was rediagnosed as Crohns), Osteo and Rheumatoid Arthritis, PCOS and Osteoporosis and Heredetary Spastic Paraplegia. I have recently also been diagnosed with Sleep Apnea (which makes me stop breathing in my sleep) I live with these conditions, but I refuse to let them keep me down and out. I still try and make the most of my days despite being so poorly and having to rely on my wheelchair, nebulisers, nearly 50 pills a day and 2l/min of oxygen and CPAP.

I'll flap my broken wings and erase it all someday... You'll see.

Friday 24 June 2011

Result from Doctor...

Well, I went to see Dr Pike about all of this, expecting a new ointment for my rash and probably being told to get plenty of rest. Not a load more pills to make my body stop screwing me over! Turns out the problems I was having with my chest, my rash and other rather unusual symptoms as of late were all caused by a combination of Stress, Hayfever and a rather odd chest infection. My immune system seems very poor when it comes to infection, but apt for attacking my own body. It seems silly at times.

I have been started again on antibiotics again, for the umpteenth time this year, must be in the double figures by now! As well as some new antihistamines as I have been having a severe allergic reaction to something (more than likely the pollen in the air). The result was hives all over my hands, and then something I ate then resulted in me vomiting like mad. It was that or more of my allergic reaction. All because of my hayfever and high stress levels. I won't let the person who is making me feel this stressed bother me anymore. I can now go through my life embracing all the gifts and pleasures that I have in my life. A loving boyfriend who allows me to be myself and lets me have my independence, my money worries are way behind me now and I can look forward to a life of comfortable freedom.

No more struggling to make ends meet. No more worries that I may have to sell the things I own so that I can eat for another day. No more feeling incredibly guilty for having my painkillers because of someone else's dependance on them. Yes there were positives in that relationship and I do look back on the evenings where we would laugh for hours because of how silly a word sounded, but I have accepted that those golden moments are not enough to repair what went wrong. I have learned a lot of lessons over the last few weeks and the biggest one is to not be afraid of anyone or anything. Living in fear is not a life at all.

Even my GP saw a marked difference in my confidence and the fact that I was losing the steroid/ anti psychotic weight and the confidence in me was blossoming. He commended me for coping and keeping on with life. Glad that I was coping well with lung disease and a crooked back as well as I have been. I live alone and I think that right now that works well for me. I am learning to look after myself and its funny, now I am back on my own, I am back on track with all of my bills and monthly outgoings, even using a book to track my incomes and expenditures again, much like I used to back when I lived at Room 7.

I loved Room 7, it was like my own private sanctuary. I could lock the door and it was so quiet and relaxing. On days like today, I would happily lay on my bed and listen to the rain falling softly on the roof above my head. The world would melt calmly away and I would sleep for hours afterwards. I miss my place of peace, but as it lacked heating it would not have been completely viable for me to stay there, not with my lung problems. I guess here is now a place where I can feel safe and enjoy many pleasured moments with Tom and my lovely animals. Jenova will pop soon, shes getting very big now, before I was scared that the babies would be too much to cope with, but now I am really looking forward to them!!

Loves
Wendy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I will review it as soon as possible!

Labels

ABG (2) acceptance (5) Adventures (1) Alphonse (2) Ambulances (5) Amusement (1) Angry (3) Animals (2) Another Day In Midgar (2) Appointment (1) Art (4) Asthma (22) Asthma Attack (12) Asthma UK (2) Awareness (2) Bad Attitudes (1) Bass (1) Benefits (3) Birthdays (3) Blogs (2) Blood Pressure (1) Books (1) Bucket List (1) Busy Day (2) Calming (1) Catherine (2) Childhood (2) Chocobo (1) Christmas (4) Cleaning (2) Close Calls (1) cold (1) Comforter (1) Compensation (2) Creativity (1) Cruelty (1) Custody (1) Cute (1) death (3) Debt (2) Depression (4) Design (1) diary (1) Disability (1) Disgust (1) Disney (1) Distraction (2) Doctors (4) documentary (1) Dr Pike (1) Dreams (1) Drugs (1) DWP (1) Dye (1) Eating Patterns (1) ESA (1) Exhaustion (3) fair share (1) family (1) Films (1) Final Fantasy 7 (5) Flu (2) Fluid (1) Food (1) Friends (7) Gaming (2) Gizmo (2) glass half full (3) goodbye (1) GP (5) guidelines (1) Guiniea Pigs (6) Guitar (1) Hair (1) happiness (6) haters (1) Help (1) HND (2) home (3) home use (1) Honesty (3) Hope (4) Hospitals (8) Housework (1) Human Nature (1) Illness (5) Infection (5) inspiration (1) Instincts (1) Joke (1) JP (2) Judy (1) Labas (1) Life (2) lost cause (1) love (1) Luke (1) Lungs (3) Lush (1) Me (2) Medication (7) Memories (1) Mike (1) Mind (1) MSN (1) Music (6) My Past (1) Nathaniel (1) Nebuliser (8) Needles (1) neglect (2) Neighbor (2) new look (2) New year (1) NHS (2) Noise (5) Omen Shadow (2) One day's supply (1) Organ Donation (1) Pain (3) Patch (1) PDSA (1) Poem (1) Positivity (1) Pred (3) quotes (1) Rachael Wakefield (1) Rachy (1) Random ideas (1) Rant (1) Recovery (7) reinvention (2) Reporting (1) Routines (1) sad (1) salmonella (1) scared (1) Sean (1) Selfishness (1) Sephiroth (4) Sephy (3) Simon's Cat (1) Sims 2 (1) Sleep (6) Sorting it Out (1) Spite (1) Steve (1) Store Room (1) success (1) Support (2) Survival (4) Tattoos (1) tears (1) Technology (1) Temparature (1) Thank You (4) The Crow (1) Therapy (1) Thoughts (1) Thrash (1) Tired (1) Toys (1) Transformers (1) Transplant (1) Veins (1) Vomiting (1) warnings (1) West Midlands Ambulance Service (2) winter (1) work (1) Year (1)