For life's little ups and downs.

A rather quirky, funny and sometimes daunting look in to the life of someone who has a lot of health problems but does their best to keep positive. Punctuated by guinea pigs, anime, superheroes, transforming robots and cross stitching.

I started this blog to tell my story, about who I am and what I do. On top of the health problems and raising awareness for those, I also use my blog as a way to help promote other causes, particularly ones which affect the most vulnerable. I live with a number of different and complex health problems but I refuse to let anything get me down. I know how it feels to be discriminated against or thrown aside. This is me. This is my life. I live it and do what I want with it. Nature sets the limitations. We set the boundaries.

About Me:

A blog about life. I live with Type 1 Brittle Asthma, Bi-Polar Disorder, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder as well as Various Allergies, Neutropenia, Crohns Disease (my IBS was rediagnosed as Crohns), Osteo and Rheumatoid Arthritis, PCOS and Osteoporosis and Heredetary Spastic Paraplegia. I have recently also been diagnosed with Sleep Apnea (which makes me stop breathing in my sleep) I live with these conditions, but I refuse to let them keep me down and out. I still try and make the most of my days despite being so poorly and having to rely on my wheelchair, nebulisers, nearly 50 pills a day and 2l/min of oxygen and CPAP.

I'll flap my broken wings and erase it all someday... You'll see.

Thursday 23 December 2010

Misunderstandings, Reconcilliation and Excitement.

Christmas is that time of year when you see so much of the negative aspects of human behavior. Greed, selfishness and ultimately families disintegrating, children screaming in shops and hitting other people. People shoving others out of the way. Fighting over tinsel and turkey. What I don't get is why people act like this these days.

When I was a kid, Christmas was a magical time of year and no matter what trouble we had in the year, it was all forgotten and the family would be together. Even the year of my parent's divorce, we all found a way of being together on Christmas day with the rest of the family. Christmas eve was always spent at my Nan Jordan's. Nan would make a huge spread and the rest of the family would drop in, we'd all exchange greetings and some gifts and around about 7, Nan would always put "The Snowman" on BBC. My brothers and I would all sit together, Stephen would be complaining about how he didn't want to watch it and then as soon as the opening piano theme of "Walking In The Air" began he would sit watching with the rest of us.

Christmas day would always begin with Stephen coming in to my room and waking me up, then when I was up, we would go to my parent's room and ask "Mum, Dad, can we get up?" and eventually we were allowed downstairs to see a huge heap of presents for us. One of my fonder memories would have been the year I got a Barbie Horse Trailer and Stephen got an Action Man Jeep. Dad had assembled the Jeep days before and wrapped the empty box. A bemused Stephen had to watch my Dad wheel in his ready built and set up Jeep. And HE LOVED IT! My Dad and I spent the morning assembling my Barbie Horse Trailer. He was good at things like that.

Another thing that made me laugh as a child was when our Labrador Cross, Judy found the Christmas Cake. I was only 4 at the time, but my mum found the poor dog swaying and staggering. My Mum had a habit at Christmas for putting lots of rum in the cake... Enough said really...

This is what Christmas should be about. Family and friends. Speaking of friends, I have manage to reconcile with an old friend recently so I am very happy about this.

Loves
Wendy x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I will review it as soon as possible!

Labels

ABG (2) acceptance (5) Adventures (1) Alphonse (2) Ambulances (5) Amusement (1) Angry (3) Animals (2) Another Day In Midgar (2) Appointment (1) Art (4) Asthma (22) Asthma Attack (12) Asthma UK (2) Awareness (2) Bad Attitudes (1) Bass (1) Benefits (3) Birthdays (3) Blogs (2) Blood Pressure (1) Books (1) Bucket List (1) Busy Day (2) Calming (1) Catherine (2) Childhood (2) Chocobo (1) Christmas (4) Cleaning (2) Close Calls (1) cold (1) Comforter (1) Compensation (2) Creativity (1) Cruelty (1) Custody (1) Cute (1) death (3) Debt (2) Depression (4) Design (1) diary (1) Disability (1) Disgust (1) Disney (1) Distraction (2) Doctors (4) documentary (1) Dr Pike (1) Dreams (1) Drugs (1) DWP (1) Dye (1) Eating Patterns (1) ESA (1) Exhaustion (3) fair share (1) family (1) Films (1) Final Fantasy 7 (5) Flu (2) Fluid (1) Food (1) Friends (7) Gaming (2) Gizmo (2) glass half full (3) goodbye (1) GP (5) guidelines (1) Guiniea Pigs (6) Guitar (1) Hair (1) happiness (6) haters (1) Help (1) HND (2) home (3) home use (1) Honesty (3) Hope (4) Hospitals (8) Housework (1) Human Nature (1) Illness (5) Infection (5) inspiration (1) Instincts (1) Joke (1) JP (2) Judy (1) Labas (1) Life (2) lost cause (1) love (1) Luke (1) Lungs (3) Lush (1) Me (2) Medication (7) Memories (1) Mike (1) Mind (1) MSN (1) Music (6) My Past (1) Nathaniel (1) Nebuliser (8) Needles (1) neglect (2) Neighbor (2) new look (2) New year (1) NHS (2) Noise (5) Omen Shadow (2) One day's supply (1) Organ Donation (1) Pain (3) Patch (1) PDSA (1) Poem (1) Positivity (1) Pred (3) quotes (1) Rachael Wakefield (1) Rachy (1) Random ideas (1) Rant (1) Recovery (7) reinvention (2) Reporting (1) Routines (1) sad (1) salmonella (1) scared (1) Sean (1) Selfishness (1) Sephiroth (4) Sephy (3) Simon's Cat (1) Sims 2 (1) Sleep (6) Sorting it Out (1) Spite (1) Steve (1) Store Room (1) success (1) Support (2) Survival (4) Tattoos (1) tears (1) Technology (1) Temparature (1) Thank You (4) The Crow (1) Therapy (1) Thoughts (1) Thrash (1) Tired (1) Toys (1) Transformers (1) Transplant (1) Veins (1) Vomiting (1) warnings (1) West Midlands Ambulance Service (2) winter (1) work (1) Year (1)