For life's little ups and downs.

A rather quirky, funny and sometimes daunting look in to the life of someone who has a lot of health problems but does their best to keep positive. Punctuated by guinea pigs, anime, superheroes, transforming robots and cross stitching.

I started this blog to tell my story, about who I am and what I do. On top of the health problems and raising awareness for those, I also use my blog as a way to help promote other causes, particularly ones which affect the most vulnerable. I live with a number of different and complex health problems but I refuse to let anything get me down. I know how it feels to be discriminated against or thrown aside. This is me. This is my life. I live it and do what I want with it. Nature sets the limitations. We set the boundaries.

About Me:

A blog about life. I live with Type 1 Brittle Asthma, Bi-Polar Disorder, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder as well as Various Allergies, Neutropenia, Crohns Disease (my IBS was rediagnosed as Crohns), Osteo and Rheumatoid Arthritis, PCOS and Osteoporosis and Heredetary Spastic Paraplegia. I have recently also been diagnosed with Sleep Apnea (which makes me stop breathing in my sleep) I live with these conditions, but I refuse to let them keep me down and out. I still try and make the most of my days despite being so poorly and having to rely on my wheelchair, nebulisers, nearly 50 pills a day and 2l/min of oxygen and CPAP.

I'll flap my broken wings and erase it all someday... You'll see.

Wednesday 8 December 2010

LOOOOWWWWWW...

This was out of the blue, but I have always been advised to keep an eye on how my body behaves, things like Peak Flow, Temperature and now Blood Pressure. This came from the nurse measuring it when I went for my blood tests to find it was really low. It has ALWAYS been low, but she seemed a little worried so I decided to humor her. So I brought a Wrist Blood Pressure Monitor. A strange gadget really that takes an accurate reading of blood pressure at home.

I got home and had a rest for a while, after sorting out a million and one things in one day, well not literally, but when you've been up since about 8 and have only really gotten to settle down and chill out round about now. It has been MAD!

First things first it was payday... This is a sure-fire way to stress, tears and a downswing that lasts for days and a guilt cycle if I spend my share that little bit wiser. So I was already on edge on this one so I just did what I usually do, focus on the first task ahead and get moving.

The first task was an appointment with Dr Pike. It started with some excellent news that other than a slight raise to my cholesterol (and I mean it was abnormal by 0.1 mmol/L) but as my weight loss has been excellent just lately we don't think this will be an issue and when we repeat all my tests in 3 months time (monitoring how my body is working) it will be reduced and a LOT better. The main thing we were worried about was my blood glucose levels. People being treated with anti-psychotics and steroids (amongst other things) can develop diabetes as a result. We wanted to check this out and make sure that this wouldn't be an issue, and it was GREAT news, my blood glucose levels were perfect!! I was so happy about this.

We then went over my recent A & E trip and make sure that all of the muck was clearing off my chest and I am on the road to recovery. More good news is that this is all clearing up and I am starting to feel a lot better. A good listen and it sounds like its all going well other than a mild flu bug that has been going round congesting my nose and making me feel a bit deflated and tired. I am dancing as this is all FANTASTIC news and after the last week, this was just what I needed a clean bill of health for once. We renewed my sick note, although my infection is going away and all is good there, my asthma is STILL on a mission to wind me up, Dr Pike advised me to keep up with my nebs and inhalers, and I really was looking better than I had in a while. Since having my neb at home, things have been so much better. I can get on top of things before they get so bad that I need to go in to hospital, which is as reassuring as it is a boost to my morale.

Yet again, I digress, I then went to collect my prescription, we had to be back at the Doctor's for about 11:40 anyway as Steve had an appointment to see Dr Pike, but we had about 2 hours to kill. We decided that we would go and get our household things, take those home with us and then head on home for a bit. We did this and chilled out for a good while, a nice drink, before heading off to take in my sick note to the Job Centre, post off a few other forms and what have you.

Then for once it was my turn to be in the chaperone's chair. It felt a little surreal, I will admit that and I helped Steve explain what was wrong, after a good chat with the student doctor Sara, and another chat with Dr Pike, it was decided that Steve had a depressive illness. I had expected that to be quite honest. He's been started on some tablets and by the looks of things, I think he'll be OK. So that went well.

The last big job today was food shopping. How mad are supermarkets this time of year!! We also got our decorations for Christmas up and the flat looks WOW! This time last year, everything was so depressing and the only things we had were the cast offs Steve's dad didn't want. Our money was really messed up and we had nothing. Between us, we were so miserable and I was always getting sick. I can honestly say that was a low point where I made the promise that this year would be 100% better than last year. I NEVER wanted to have that sort of low ever again and the admission to hospital on boxing day really was the icing on the shit-cake, but that is another story.

So after a mad day, I managed to take a resting blood pressure reading... 96 / 58 with a pulse of 100, I had to laugh, after a mad stressful day I really expected it to be something ridiculously high!

Love ya muchly!
Wendy x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I will review it as soon as possible!

Labels

ABG (2) acceptance (5) Adventures (1) Alphonse (2) Ambulances (5) Amusement (1) Angry (3) Animals (2) Another Day In Midgar (2) Appointment (1) Art (4) Asthma (22) Asthma Attack (12) Asthma UK (2) Awareness (2) Bad Attitudes (1) Bass (1) Benefits (3) Birthdays (3) Blogs (2) Blood Pressure (1) Books (1) Bucket List (1) Busy Day (2) Calming (1) Catherine (2) Childhood (2) Chocobo (1) Christmas (4) Cleaning (2) Close Calls (1) cold (1) Comforter (1) Compensation (2) Creativity (1) Cruelty (1) Custody (1) Cute (1) death (3) Debt (2) Depression (4) Design (1) diary (1) Disability (1) Disgust (1) Disney (1) Distraction (2) Doctors (4) documentary (1) Dr Pike (1) Dreams (1) Drugs (1) DWP (1) Dye (1) Eating Patterns (1) ESA (1) Exhaustion (3) fair share (1) family (1) Films (1) Final Fantasy 7 (5) Flu (2) Fluid (1) Food (1) Friends (7) Gaming (2) Gizmo (2) glass half full (3) goodbye (1) GP (5) guidelines (1) Guiniea Pigs (6) Guitar (1) Hair (1) happiness (6) haters (1) Help (1) HND (2) home (3) home use (1) Honesty (3) Hope (4) Hospitals (8) Housework (1) Human Nature (1) Illness (5) Infection (5) inspiration (1) Instincts (1) Joke (1) JP (2) Judy (1) Labas (1) Life (2) lost cause (1) love (1) Luke (1) Lungs (3) Lush (1) Me (2) Medication (7) Memories (1) Mike (1) Mind (1) MSN (1) Music (6) My Past (1) Nathaniel (1) Nebuliser (8) Needles (1) neglect (2) Neighbor (2) new look (2) New year (1) NHS (2) Noise (5) Omen Shadow (2) One day's supply (1) Organ Donation (1) Pain (3) Patch (1) PDSA (1) Poem (1) Positivity (1) Pred (3) quotes (1) Rachael Wakefield (1) Rachy (1) Random ideas (1) Rant (1) Recovery (7) reinvention (2) Reporting (1) Routines (1) sad (1) salmonella (1) scared (1) Sean (1) Selfishness (1) Sephiroth (4) Sephy (3) Simon's Cat (1) Sims 2 (1) Sleep (6) Sorting it Out (1) Spite (1) Steve (1) Store Room (1) success (1) Support (2) Survival (4) Tattoos (1) tears (1) Technology (1) Temparature (1) Thank You (4) The Crow (1) Therapy (1) Thoughts (1) Thrash (1) Tired (1) Toys (1) Transformers (1) Transplant (1) Veins (1) Vomiting (1) warnings (1) West Midlands Ambulance Service (2) winter (1) work (1) Year (1)