For life's little ups and downs.

A rather quirky, funny and sometimes daunting look in to the life of someone who has a lot of health problems but does their best to keep positive. Punctuated by guinea pigs, anime, superheroes, transforming robots and cross stitching.

I started this blog to tell my story, about who I am and what I do. On top of the health problems and raising awareness for those, I also use my blog as a way to help promote other causes, particularly ones which affect the most vulnerable. I live with a number of different and complex health problems but I refuse to let anything get me down. I know how it feels to be discriminated against or thrown aside. This is me. This is my life. I live it and do what I want with it. Nature sets the limitations. We set the boundaries.

About Me:

A blog about life. I live with Type 1 Brittle Asthma, Bi-Polar Disorder, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder as well as Various Allergies, Neutropenia, Crohns Disease (my IBS was rediagnosed as Crohns), Osteo and Rheumatoid Arthritis, PCOS and Osteoporosis and Heredetary Spastic Paraplegia. I have recently also been diagnosed with Sleep Apnea (which makes me stop breathing in my sleep) I live with these conditions, but I refuse to let them keep me down and out. I still try and make the most of my days despite being so poorly and having to rely on my wheelchair, nebulisers, nearly 50 pills a day and 2l/min of oxygen and CPAP.

I'll flap my broken wings and erase it all someday... You'll see.

Sunday 12 December 2010

How it feels to be alive...

I realised the strangest thing on Thursday night, and it only took me till now to work out how I really felt about it. It was the first time in a while (last time was when I broke my hand, not a wise thing to do but I was angry and it was punch the door or someone else), that the band played at Top Banana. Usually we practice at Rich's place, of course with his parent's kind permission and Rich's own wonderful hospitality, and it is such a good laugh and we have fun, but it felt amazing to play at a proper studio and on a live kit.

It gave the songs this amazing new lease of life and when we flew in to my particular favourite, "The Call To Arms" I was completely pumped and bounced around and danced, until I became light headed and nearly passed out. I went home from practice sore, but so so SO happy that I just couldn't stop grinning, even though my lungs were screaming.

I have always enjoyed playing in bands. Way back I used to sing in a band that myself and my then boyfriend Mike had started called Sleepy Down. The room we were in last night was the one that we usually used for those practices. I remembered so well the days, nights and the rest of it that we dedicated to writing our songs and getting ready for the 3 gigs we did. I could almost see myself at 17, 18 or even 19 years old, sitting with my notebook writing lyrics or bounding over to the mic to concoct some kind of melody. I missed that plucky young girl and it was nice to get back in touch with her again. I almost felt as though I was 18 years old again and bouncing around madly, just using a blue inhaler and not worrying about the scarring in my lungs as it hadn't been created yet.

I guess this whole playing in a band experience, and singing in another band with JP, have both helped bring me back to who I was and who I should be, and I like that as it is such a positive feeling and I can't help but smile and laugh because everything feels 10 times easier and even though my body is physically crap at the moment, I know I will get there and overcome things. I took advantage of what I used to have and who I used to be and that left me with nothing when all that went away. I won't ever do that again and I will appreciate every day that little bit more and be thankful for every day I can go without using my nebuliser or calling for an ambulance.

My brother Richard and his partner Gemma have had a baby this week and this made me smile like a Cheshire cat! Baby Lincoln was born on the 9th December 2010 and I am happy to say that both mother and baby are doing well!

Loves
Wendy x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I will review it as soon as possible!

Labels

ABG (2) acceptance (5) Adventures (1) Alphonse (2) Ambulances (5) Amusement (1) Angry (3) Animals (2) Another Day In Midgar (2) Appointment (1) Art (4) Asthma (22) Asthma Attack (12) Asthma UK (2) Awareness (2) Bad Attitudes (1) Bass (1) Benefits (3) Birthdays (3) Blogs (2) Blood Pressure (1) Books (1) Bucket List (1) Busy Day (2) Calming (1) Catherine (2) Childhood (2) Chocobo (1) Christmas (4) Cleaning (2) Close Calls (1) cold (1) Comforter (1) Compensation (2) Creativity (1) Cruelty (1) Custody (1) Cute (1) death (3) Debt (2) Depression (4) Design (1) diary (1) Disability (1) Disgust (1) Disney (1) Distraction (2) Doctors (4) documentary (1) Dr Pike (1) Dreams (1) Drugs (1) DWP (1) Dye (1) Eating Patterns (1) ESA (1) Exhaustion (3) fair share (1) family (1) Films (1) Final Fantasy 7 (5) Flu (2) Fluid (1) Food (1) Friends (7) Gaming (2) Gizmo (2) glass half full (3) goodbye (1) GP (5) guidelines (1) Guiniea Pigs (6) Guitar (1) Hair (1) happiness (6) haters (1) Help (1) HND (2) home (3) home use (1) Honesty (3) Hope (4) Hospitals (8) Housework (1) Human Nature (1) Illness (5) Infection (5) inspiration (1) Instincts (1) Joke (1) JP (2) Judy (1) Labas (1) Life (2) lost cause (1) love (1) Luke (1) Lungs (3) Lush (1) Me (2) Medication (7) Memories (1) Mike (1) Mind (1) MSN (1) Music (6) My Past (1) Nathaniel (1) Nebuliser (8) Needles (1) neglect (2) Neighbor (2) new look (2) New year (1) NHS (2) Noise (5) Omen Shadow (2) One day's supply (1) Organ Donation (1) Pain (3) Patch (1) PDSA (1) Poem (1) Positivity (1) Pred (3) quotes (1) Rachael Wakefield (1) Rachy (1) Random ideas (1) Rant (1) Recovery (7) reinvention (2) Reporting (1) Routines (1) sad (1) salmonella (1) scared (1) Sean (1) Selfishness (1) Sephiroth (4) Sephy (3) Simon's Cat (1) Sims 2 (1) Sleep (6) Sorting it Out (1) Spite (1) Steve (1) Store Room (1) success (1) Support (2) Survival (4) Tattoos (1) tears (1) Technology (1) Temparature (1) Thank You (4) The Crow (1) Therapy (1) Thoughts (1) Thrash (1) Tired (1) Toys (1) Transformers (1) Transplant (1) Veins (1) Vomiting (1) warnings (1) West Midlands Ambulance Service (2) winter (1) work (1) Year (1)