For life's little ups and downs.

A rather quirky, funny and sometimes daunting look in to the life of someone who has a lot of health problems but does their best to keep positive. Punctuated by guinea pigs, anime, superheroes, transforming robots and cross stitching.

I started this blog to tell my story, about who I am and what I do. On top of the health problems and raising awareness for those, I also use my blog as a way to help promote other causes, particularly ones which affect the most vulnerable. I live with a number of different and complex health problems but I refuse to let anything get me down. I know how it feels to be discriminated against or thrown aside. This is me. This is my life. I live it and do what I want with it. Nature sets the limitations. We set the boundaries.

About Me:

A blog about life. I live with Type 1 Brittle Asthma, Bi-Polar Disorder, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder as well as Various Allergies, Neutropenia, Crohns Disease (my IBS was rediagnosed as Crohns), Osteo and Rheumatoid Arthritis, PCOS and Osteoporosis and Heredetary Spastic Paraplegia. I have recently also been diagnosed with Sleep Apnea (which makes me stop breathing in my sleep) I live with these conditions, but I refuse to let them keep me down and out. I still try and make the most of my days despite being so poorly and having to rely on my wheelchair, nebulisers, nearly 50 pills a day and 2l/min of oxygen and CPAP.

I'll flap my broken wings and erase it all someday... You'll see.

Sunday 8 July 2012

Wheezing in the Rain...

Yesterday, as is rapidly becoming our thing, Becky and I went out to town and we went to our favourite haunt for coffee, a sandwich and a chat about everything and anything. Its nice to just take a few moments and just forget for a while about being unwell and BE a typical young lady outwardly even if I am anything but your ordinary lady.

I'm actually a survivor. After growing up in the situations I did and having to deal with the cruelty of other people, I managed to stay strong and never laid down and let myself die.I never let people get to me and I never back down from standing up for what I personally and truly believe in. And its not something I intend on starting to do. I know theres a fair few people who would want to do everything in their power to crush me and break my indomitable spirit, but if I never let that happen before, then chances are that I never will again.

I woke today and greeted Becky with one of my smiles. I wake and smile knowing that I live in a world of liberty and security, knowing that if I become ill, then there is always help to hand. If I am tired, my bed is warm and inviting in the roof over my head. No one can come and hurt me and I can sleep soundly and comfortably. I am incredibly lucky. After everything that kind of personal victory is what means the most. Everything else I have accomplished has just been a bonus. Everything from an awesome friend who I live with to my lovely boyfriend, it all reminds me that I am a strong woman who never let anything get to me.

I was watching an old cartoon which, when I was growing up, I used to watch often. "Hey Arnold" was a cartoon about a young boy who lived in a boarding house in a large city. The stories and adventures of the child and his friends were not only amusing to me, but we often learned something from it. Looking back on it now with the eyes and mind of a grown woman, I see there are so many references and words that even back then would have been considered inappropriate in children's TV, words that included "Crap" "Fart" and even in one episode the word "Bollocks" is loudly announced by a character. Becky and I were shocked and thinking that we had possibly been mistaken, but we watched it back and were falling over ourselves laughing.

I swear that back then, cartoonists were allowed to get away with a bit more than say the animators of today. Watching modern children's TV doesn't seem as risque and people are so obsessed with political correctness. The substance, reality and intelligent writing that cartoons of my generation or even the harmless slapstick comic violence of Tom and Jerry that my parents and even my grandparents grew up with seems forgotten and by the wayside. I wouldn't be alone in thinking that in terms of kids TV, my brothers, classmates and I had truly grown up in a golden age. Nickelodeon was full of programmes that didn't focus too hard on educational value, but more on growing up and the fun that could be had. It is a shame really.

I guess that sitting here and watching silly cartoons was better than how my weekend had begun, with walking in the rain (Becky had gone ahead to open the front door) and the ice coldness shocked my lungs to that point where they had refused to work properly for a while. This could take a while, but I will not let my asthma break my spirits for the week ahead.

Loves
Wendy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I will review it as soon as possible!

Labels

ABG (2) acceptance (5) Adventures (1) Alphonse (2) Ambulances (5) Amusement (1) Angry (3) Animals (2) Another Day In Midgar (2) Appointment (1) Art (4) Asthma (22) Asthma Attack (12) Asthma UK (2) Awareness (2) Bad Attitudes (1) Bass (1) Benefits (3) Birthdays (3) Blogs (2) Blood Pressure (1) Books (1) Bucket List (1) Busy Day (2) Calming (1) Catherine (2) Childhood (2) Chocobo (1) Christmas (4) Cleaning (2) Close Calls (1) cold (1) Comforter (1) Compensation (2) Creativity (1) Cruelty (1) Custody (1) Cute (1) death (3) Debt (2) Depression (4) Design (1) diary (1) Disability (1) Disgust (1) Disney (1) Distraction (2) Doctors (4) documentary (1) Dr Pike (1) Dreams (1) Drugs (1) DWP (1) Dye (1) Eating Patterns (1) ESA (1) Exhaustion (3) fair share (1) family (1) Films (1) Final Fantasy 7 (5) Flu (2) Fluid (1) Food (1) Friends (7) Gaming (2) Gizmo (2) glass half full (3) goodbye (1) GP (5) guidelines (1) Guiniea Pigs (6) Guitar (1) Hair (1) happiness (6) haters (1) Help (1) HND (2) home (3) home use (1) Honesty (3) Hope (4) Hospitals (8) Housework (1) Human Nature (1) Illness (5) Infection (5) inspiration (1) Instincts (1) Joke (1) JP (2) Judy (1) Labas (1) Life (2) lost cause (1) love (1) Luke (1) Lungs (3) Lush (1) Me (2) Medication (7) Memories (1) Mike (1) Mind (1) MSN (1) Music (6) My Past (1) Nathaniel (1) Nebuliser (8) Needles (1) neglect (2) Neighbor (2) new look (2) New year (1) NHS (2) Noise (5) Omen Shadow (2) One day's supply (1) Organ Donation (1) Pain (3) Patch (1) PDSA (1) Poem (1) Positivity (1) Pred (3) quotes (1) Rachael Wakefield (1) Rachy (1) Random ideas (1) Rant (1) Recovery (7) reinvention (2) Reporting (1) Routines (1) sad (1) salmonella (1) scared (1) Sean (1) Selfishness (1) Sephiroth (4) Sephy (3) Simon's Cat (1) Sims 2 (1) Sleep (6) Sorting it Out (1) Spite (1) Steve (1) Store Room (1) success (1) Support (2) Survival (4) Tattoos (1) tears (1) Technology (1) Temparature (1) Thank You (4) The Crow (1) Therapy (1) Thoughts (1) Thrash (1) Tired (1) Toys (1) Transformers (1) Transplant (1) Veins (1) Vomiting (1) warnings (1) West Midlands Ambulance Service (2) winter (1) work (1) Year (1)