For life's little ups and downs.

A rather quirky, funny and sometimes daunting look in to the life of someone who has a lot of health problems but does their best to keep positive. Punctuated by guinea pigs, anime, superheroes, transforming robots and cross stitching.

I started this blog to tell my story, about who I am and what I do. On top of the health problems and raising awareness for those, I also use my blog as a way to help promote other causes, particularly ones which affect the most vulnerable. I live with a number of different and complex health problems but I refuse to let anything get me down. I know how it feels to be discriminated against or thrown aside. This is me. This is my life. I live it and do what I want with it. Nature sets the limitations. We set the boundaries.

About Me:

A blog about life. I live with Type 1 Brittle Asthma, Bi-Polar Disorder, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder as well as Various Allergies, Neutropenia, Crohns Disease (my IBS was rediagnosed as Crohns), Osteo and Rheumatoid Arthritis, PCOS and Osteoporosis and Heredetary Spastic Paraplegia. I have recently also been diagnosed with Sleep Apnea (which makes me stop breathing in my sleep) I live with these conditions, but I refuse to let them keep me down and out. I still try and make the most of my days despite being so poorly and having to rely on my wheelchair, nebulisers, nearly 50 pills a day and 2l/min of oxygen and CPAP.

I'll flap my broken wings and erase it all someday... You'll see.

Tuesday 24 July 2012

Summer Days...

It has been a very long time since I was able to enjoy being out in the sun, with either anxieties or worries that people were staring at me I had felt like some OCD freak. That and everytime I had gone out I had been worrying that someone or something would possibly cause harm or fear. I learned that I have nothing to fear and no one to make me feel like that again. To be honest I realised that there is truth to what Eleanor Roosevelt said when she said that "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent". I'm taking that to heart these days.

I woke up about 9 AM (after a rather eventful night as a result of my asthma) and sat up. I thought about things and mulled over everything in a bath that smelled like Parma Violets. I then dressed in a nice top, brushed my hair and went in to town, did some errands, OK so it was just going to the doctor to discuss something and then heading to get some food for the piggies, but what I was most proud of what the fact that I was brave enough to go out and do things without the fear of what COULD happen. In fact, me being afraid and locking myself away or even running away and leaving my home and the town I have come to call home is exactly what that one person would love to see so that in his own mind he can get what he thinks he deserves or achieve some divine purpose or whatever he thinks he will achieve.

Instead I will carry on being strong and carry on enjoying the life I have and I want to do what ever I can to improve upon what I already have achieved. I have managed so far to keep my home and not allow anyone to make me leave. I have a brilliant friend who when I am with her, I am so happy and I have something of a kindred spirit, someone who believes in me the same way that I honestly and truly believe in her and her dreams. I am lucky and have an adoring boyfriend who makes me feel special and like no one could crush me or push me down. With these people in my life, I don't feel scared to aim for everything I deserve and grow stronger, getting back to where I was or where I could have been, or whatever.

When I passed out last night, I had a dream before I woke up. In the dream was this woman who was a technician at the local college, in the media block. She played with cameras all day and she was loved by students and she knew everything inside and out. She then went out and got in to her car and drove back home to her house where the man she loved was waiting for her. She wasn't me. She was what I thought I wanted to be and she was drinking heavily through stress. She wasn't happy. I then saw another woman, this woman didn't have a fancy car or a fancy home, but she did have everything she could ever really want. I actually saw my life for what it really was and I loved what I saw. A small flat, my pets and the people in my life who make me feel great. I did an OU course on journalism and did some internet articles.

I woke with a feeling of "yeah, I can make this work for me." And you know what, fuck the past. I am going to choose my own path and find something worth passing on to the future.

Loves
Wendy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I will review it as soon as possible!

Labels

ABG (2) acceptance (5) Adventures (1) Alphonse (2) Ambulances (5) Amusement (1) Angry (3) Animals (2) Another Day In Midgar (2) Appointment (1) Art (4) Asthma (22) Asthma Attack (12) Asthma UK (2) Awareness (2) Bad Attitudes (1) Bass (1) Benefits (3) Birthdays (3) Blogs (2) Blood Pressure (1) Books (1) Bucket List (1) Busy Day (2) Calming (1) Catherine (2) Childhood (2) Chocobo (1) Christmas (4) Cleaning (2) Close Calls (1) cold (1) Comforter (1) Compensation (2) Creativity (1) Cruelty (1) Custody (1) Cute (1) death (3) Debt (2) Depression (4) Design (1) diary (1) Disability (1) Disgust (1) Disney (1) Distraction (2) Doctors (4) documentary (1) Dr Pike (1) Dreams (1) Drugs (1) DWP (1) Dye (1) Eating Patterns (1) ESA (1) Exhaustion (3) fair share (1) family (1) Films (1) Final Fantasy 7 (5) Flu (2) Fluid (1) Food (1) Friends (7) Gaming (2) Gizmo (2) glass half full (3) goodbye (1) GP (5) guidelines (1) Guiniea Pigs (6) Guitar (1) Hair (1) happiness (6) haters (1) Help (1) HND (2) home (3) home use (1) Honesty (3) Hope (4) Hospitals (8) Housework (1) Human Nature (1) Illness (5) Infection (5) inspiration (1) Instincts (1) Joke (1) JP (2) Judy (1) Labas (1) Life (2) lost cause (1) love (1) Luke (1) Lungs (3) Lush (1) Me (2) Medication (7) Memories (1) Mike (1) Mind (1) MSN (1) Music (6) My Past (1) Nathaniel (1) Nebuliser (8) Needles (1) neglect (2) Neighbor (2) new look (2) New year (1) NHS (2) Noise (5) Omen Shadow (2) One day's supply (1) Organ Donation (1) Pain (3) Patch (1) PDSA (1) Poem (1) Positivity (1) Pred (3) quotes (1) Rachael Wakefield (1) Rachy (1) Random ideas (1) Rant (1) Recovery (7) reinvention (2) Reporting (1) Routines (1) sad (1) salmonella (1) scared (1) Sean (1) Selfishness (1) Sephiroth (4) Sephy (3) Simon's Cat (1) Sims 2 (1) Sleep (6) Sorting it Out (1) Spite (1) Steve (1) Store Room (1) success (1) Support (2) Survival (4) Tattoos (1) tears (1) Technology (1) Temparature (1) Thank You (4) The Crow (1) Therapy (1) Thoughts (1) Thrash (1) Tired (1) Toys (1) Transformers (1) Transplant (1) Veins (1) Vomiting (1) warnings (1) West Midlands Ambulance Service (2) winter (1) work (1) Year (1)