For life's little ups and downs.

A rather quirky, funny and sometimes daunting look in to the life of someone who has a lot of health problems but does their best to keep positive. Punctuated by guinea pigs, anime, superheroes, transforming robots and cross stitching.

I started this blog to tell my story, about who I am and what I do. On top of the health problems and raising awareness for those, I also use my blog as a way to help promote other causes, particularly ones which affect the most vulnerable. I live with a number of different and complex health problems but I refuse to let anything get me down. I know how it feels to be discriminated against or thrown aside. This is me. This is my life. I live it and do what I want with it. Nature sets the limitations. We set the boundaries.

About Me:

A blog about life. I live with Type 1 Brittle Asthma, Bi-Polar Disorder, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder as well as Various Allergies, Neutropenia, Crohns Disease (my IBS was rediagnosed as Crohns), Osteo and Rheumatoid Arthritis, PCOS and Osteoporosis and Heredetary Spastic Paraplegia. I have recently also been diagnosed with Sleep Apnea (which makes me stop breathing in my sleep) I live with these conditions, but I refuse to let them keep me down and out. I still try and make the most of my days despite being so poorly and having to rely on my wheelchair, nebulisers, nearly 50 pills a day and 2l/min of oxygen and CPAP.

I'll flap my broken wings and erase it all someday... You'll see.

Friday 13 July 2012

We have Normality...

I'm really enjoying the normality of my life right now. I feel like your average 24 year old and I am going out and enjoying myself, after of course doing what ever work is necessary, but I am reluctant to publish too much about it due to personal reasons and to be honest who really wants to read about boring things. What makes my blog so popular is that I don't use it to whine about how "hard" I think everything is. It is purely about my progress as a person and my growth from a timid person to wild and outgoing. It's about me finding love and acceptance regardless of my health problems and actually being happy. Nothing more.

Life with my health can at times be very frustrating and there are times when it seems all consuming as my medication regime is almost like a full time job. I have to take my medication at a certain time, make sure that I get the right amount of supplements, eat well and of course sleep as and when I need to. Which on some occasions is more than others.

I don't need anyone to validate me, and that is what I am happiest about. I have been able to rediscover what made me who I was in the first place. I never was the most perfect or popular person, I may not have grown up in an idyllic situation. Yet I still managed to get where I am today, maybe it was the small hardships that allowed me to grow and learn how to cope with things. The worst of it is truly over and I am thankful. In fact I am down right proud of everything that we have all accomplished as a team of friends and my new love.

I am deliberately not publishing too many of the finer details, not because of any reason than I know there would be people out there with nothing better to do than to cause trouble. Not going to say any more about that and I am not going to let this get to me, I have been speaking to people, sorting things out, maybe my attitude does seem cocky and carefree, but I know the minute I appear rattled and uncomposed will be that second that anyone could try and take advantage of me. I won't let anyone do that to me again. Not now. Not ever.

As it is right now, I am very happy with my life. I have a boyfriend who I love and who loves me, even when my health problems are all too real. I have a fantastic flatmate who is always there when I need someone to talk to or a shoulder to cry on. My whole lifestyle has changed and I am less afraid to go out and enjoy myself (which often involves getting coffee and just having a good gossip, yes I see Becky every day and we could just make coffee at home, BUT there is something nice about getting coffee somewhere, sitting down and just enjoying ourselves) and I am dealing better with the important stuff.

Another recent development is about me readdressing my left stretched ear. I did them at the age of 16 and I had recently lost my old spiral. I got another once recently and found that my tunnel was down for 6mm down from 8mm in diameter, so I am going to have to stretch the hole back the 2mm. It's going to be gruelling but when when it's done, well thats yet another thing that is back to my personal state of normal.

Loves
Wendy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I will review it as soon as possible!

Labels

ABG (2) acceptance (5) Adventures (1) Alphonse (2) Ambulances (5) Amusement (1) Angry (3) Animals (2) Another Day In Midgar (2) Appointment (1) Art (4) Asthma (22) Asthma Attack (12) Asthma UK (2) Awareness (2) Bad Attitudes (1) Bass (1) Benefits (3) Birthdays (3) Blogs (2) Blood Pressure (1) Books (1) Bucket List (1) Busy Day (2) Calming (1) Catherine (2) Childhood (2) Chocobo (1) Christmas (4) Cleaning (2) Close Calls (1) cold (1) Comforter (1) Compensation (2) Creativity (1) Cruelty (1) Custody (1) Cute (1) death (3) Debt (2) Depression (4) Design (1) diary (1) Disability (1) Disgust (1) Disney (1) Distraction (2) Doctors (4) documentary (1) Dr Pike (1) Dreams (1) Drugs (1) DWP (1) Dye (1) Eating Patterns (1) ESA (1) Exhaustion (3) fair share (1) family (1) Films (1) Final Fantasy 7 (5) Flu (2) Fluid (1) Food (1) Friends (7) Gaming (2) Gizmo (2) glass half full (3) goodbye (1) GP (5) guidelines (1) Guiniea Pigs (6) Guitar (1) Hair (1) happiness (6) haters (1) Help (1) HND (2) home (3) home use (1) Honesty (3) Hope (4) Hospitals (8) Housework (1) Human Nature (1) Illness (5) Infection (5) inspiration (1) Instincts (1) Joke (1) JP (2) Judy (1) Labas (1) Life (2) lost cause (1) love (1) Luke (1) Lungs (3) Lush (1) Me (2) Medication (7) Memories (1) Mike (1) Mind (1) MSN (1) Music (6) My Past (1) Nathaniel (1) Nebuliser (8) Needles (1) neglect (2) Neighbor (2) new look (2) New year (1) NHS (2) Noise (5) Omen Shadow (2) One day's supply (1) Organ Donation (1) Pain (3) Patch (1) PDSA (1) Poem (1) Positivity (1) Pred (3) quotes (1) Rachael Wakefield (1) Rachy (1) Random ideas (1) Rant (1) Recovery (7) reinvention (2) Reporting (1) Routines (1) sad (1) salmonella (1) scared (1) Sean (1) Selfishness (1) Sephiroth (4) Sephy (3) Simon's Cat (1) Sims 2 (1) Sleep (6) Sorting it Out (1) Spite (1) Steve (1) Store Room (1) success (1) Support (2) Survival (4) Tattoos (1) tears (1) Technology (1) Temparature (1) Thank You (4) The Crow (1) Therapy (1) Thoughts (1) Thrash (1) Tired (1) Toys (1) Transformers (1) Transplant (1) Veins (1) Vomiting (1) warnings (1) West Midlands Ambulance Service (2) winter (1) work (1) Year (1)