For life's little ups and downs.

A rather quirky, funny and sometimes daunting look in to the life of someone who has a lot of health problems but does their best to keep positive. Punctuated by guinea pigs, anime, superheroes, transforming robots and cross stitching.

I started this blog to tell my story, about who I am and what I do. On top of the health problems and raising awareness for those, I also use my blog as a way to help promote other causes, particularly ones which affect the most vulnerable. I live with a number of different and complex health problems but I refuse to let anything get me down. I know how it feels to be discriminated against or thrown aside. This is me. This is my life. I live it and do what I want with it. Nature sets the limitations. We set the boundaries.

About Me:

A blog about life. I live with Type 1 Brittle Asthma, Bi-Polar Disorder, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder as well as Various Allergies, Neutropenia, Crohns Disease (my IBS was rediagnosed as Crohns), Osteo and Rheumatoid Arthritis, PCOS and Osteoporosis and Heredetary Spastic Paraplegia. I have recently also been diagnosed with Sleep Apnea (which makes me stop breathing in my sleep) I live with these conditions, but I refuse to let them keep me down and out. I still try and make the most of my days despite being so poorly and having to rely on my wheelchair, nebulisers, nearly 50 pills a day and 2l/min of oxygen and CPAP.

I'll flap my broken wings and erase it all someday... You'll see.

Tuesday 10 July 2012

Travel...

I think my mind is calm when I am on the move. It is in my nature to want to keep moving around, exploring wherever the roads take me. I love going to new places and looking around, but I am even happier when I get home and put my feet up. They say home is where the heart is. To me, my home is more than just the bricks, concrete and glazing.

My home is just the right size and for the two of us, it is our safe haven, our place to just relax in front of the TV or cook something tasty in the kitchen and share it between us. Becky and I really do live like sisters, we share everything and there are so many times where we have relied on each other's support and friendship. We love it here. The neighbors love us and we are part of the small and warm community. We even sit and talk to the children around the area as well as their parents. Its like we all look out for each other.

I do admit that whenever I see something that my ex broke through spite or yelled at me for treating myself to, I do feel a mixture between anger and sadness that things went the way that they did. But at the end of the day, I can honestly say I tried to leave the bridges as they were, but he wasn't really interested in me. He just wanted to try and pull the rug out from under me, but I refuse to let that happen at all. I love my home and it is going to take a lot more than one person to make me feel vulnerable or scared, or to give up my own home altogether. My home is special and unique, one of a kind and no one could ever change that. It's not perfect, and a lot of the furniture doesn't quite match, but it's homely and we fill it with laughter and mirth.

I have a really great feeling that the next few months are going to be the making of me. I'm going to go from strength to strength and the person I am growing up to be (yes, even I have been doing a lot of growing up myself over the last year or so). I would be lying if I said that my disability was ever part of my plans, but I never knew just how strong I could actually be and it has been since my disability really became a huge part of my life that I have come to learn that and how I could survive despite it all and manage to keep my chin up.

Recent events and being caught in that rain on Saturday meant that my chest was a touch temperamental and it made me feel rotten as a result. Lucky for me, Becky understood this and kindly helped me feel less scared or frustrated. All I have planned now is going to see Jace and spending time with him. No one can take that away from me and I am going to cherish the precious time I get with Jace. I won't let anyone spoil it or make me afraid of enjoying myself.

Loves
Wendy xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I will review it as soon as possible!

Labels

ABG (2) acceptance (5) Adventures (1) Alphonse (2) Ambulances (5) Amusement (1) Angry (3) Animals (2) Another Day In Midgar (2) Appointment (1) Art (4) Asthma (22) Asthma Attack (12) Asthma UK (2) Awareness (2) Bad Attitudes (1) Bass (1) Benefits (3) Birthdays (3) Blogs (2) Blood Pressure (1) Books (1) Bucket List (1) Busy Day (2) Calming (1) Catherine (2) Childhood (2) Chocobo (1) Christmas (4) Cleaning (2) Close Calls (1) cold (1) Comforter (1) Compensation (2) Creativity (1) Cruelty (1) Custody (1) Cute (1) death (3) Debt (2) Depression (4) Design (1) diary (1) Disability (1) Disgust (1) Disney (1) Distraction (2) Doctors (4) documentary (1) Dr Pike (1) Dreams (1) Drugs (1) DWP (1) Dye (1) Eating Patterns (1) ESA (1) Exhaustion (3) fair share (1) family (1) Films (1) Final Fantasy 7 (5) Flu (2) Fluid (1) Food (1) Friends (7) Gaming (2) Gizmo (2) glass half full (3) goodbye (1) GP (5) guidelines (1) Guiniea Pigs (6) Guitar (1) Hair (1) happiness (6) haters (1) Help (1) HND (2) home (3) home use (1) Honesty (3) Hope (4) Hospitals (8) Housework (1) Human Nature (1) Illness (5) Infection (5) inspiration (1) Instincts (1) Joke (1) JP (2) Judy (1) Labas (1) Life (2) lost cause (1) love (1) Luke (1) Lungs (3) Lush (1) Me (2) Medication (7) Memories (1) Mike (1) Mind (1) MSN (1) Music (6) My Past (1) Nathaniel (1) Nebuliser (8) Needles (1) neglect (2) Neighbor (2) new look (2) New year (1) NHS (2) Noise (5) Omen Shadow (2) One day's supply (1) Organ Donation (1) Pain (3) Patch (1) PDSA (1) Poem (1) Positivity (1) Pred (3) quotes (1) Rachael Wakefield (1) Rachy (1) Random ideas (1) Rant (1) Recovery (7) reinvention (2) Reporting (1) Routines (1) sad (1) salmonella (1) scared (1) Sean (1) Selfishness (1) Sephiroth (4) Sephy (3) Simon's Cat (1) Sims 2 (1) Sleep (6) Sorting it Out (1) Spite (1) Steve (1) Store Room (1) success (1) Support (2) Survival (4) Tattoos (1) tears (1) Technology (1) Temparature (1) Thank You (4) The Crow (1) Therapy (1) Thoughts (1) Thrash (1) Tired (1) Toys (1) Transformers (1) Transplant (1) Veins (1) Vomiting (1) warnings (1) West Midlands Ambulance Service (2) winter (1) work (1) Year (1)