For life's little ups and downs.

A rather quirky, funny and sometimes daunting look in to the life of someone who has a lot of health problems but does their best to keep positive. Punctuated by guinea pigs, anime, superheroes, transforming robots and cross stitching.

I started this blog to tell my story, about who I am and what I do. On top of the health problems and raising awareness for those, I also use my blog as a way to help promote other causes, particularly ones which affect the most vulnerable. I live with a number of different and complex health problems but I refuse to let anything get me down. I know how it feels to be discriminated against or thrown aside. This is me. This is my life. I live it and do what I want with it. Nature sets the limitations. We set the boundaries.

About Me:

A blog about life. I live with Type 1 Brittle Asthma, Bi-Polar Disorder, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder as well as Various Allergies, Neutropenia, Crohns Disease (my IBS was rediagnosed as Crohns), Osteo and Rheumatoid Arthritis, PCOS and Osteoporosis and Heredetary Spastic Paraplegia. I have recently also been diagnosed with Sleep Apnea (which makes me stop breathing in my sleep) I live with these conditions, but I refuse to let them keep me down and out. I still try and make the most of my days despite being so poorly and having to rely on my wheelchair, nebulisers, nearly 50 pills a day and 2l/min of oxygen and CPAP.

I'll flap my broken wings and erase it all someday... You'll see.

Monday 2 July 2012

Changes...

One of the things I am concentrating on right now is the little changes I can make and actually going ahead and doing them. Things such as improving my diet and daily routine and making sure things are done at better times, making sure that I am as fit and well as my condition permits. I'm not saying for a minute that these things have been easy going, to be honest they have been hard and they have been so worthwhile because its nice to be back to some kind of normality, in my stable sense of instability (I know that probably sounds odd, but it has been the best way of describing my life!) and making those small changes that make the big ones seem all the more worthwhile.

I've been back in the kitchen as well as late and have been experimenting with simple but nutritious recipes that give me the things I need, but at the same time are filling and tasty. Also these meals are cheap to make, as well as simple. Over the weekend, I made some leek and potato soup. It only takes about 30 mins to make, but it is really good. To make it you need:

4 potatoes, peeled and cubed
2-3 leeks, sliced
1 onion, chopped
2 pints veg stock
1tbsp of vegetable oil
Double cream and seasoning to taste. (I use a cream alternative as it's less harsh on my stomach)

First you cook the vegetables in the oil until slightly wilted. Then you add the veg stock and any seasoning you desire. Bring it to the boil for about 15-20 minutes until the vegetables are tender. Then using a hand-blender, blitz them until the whole thing is smooth. Season to taste and add the quantity of cream you want. Then hey presto! A healthy and filling meal! It may not look like gourmet cooking, but the resulting meal is very tasty, especially with some bread and butter for mopping up! 

Things are happening when they ought, rather than being ignored because I would rather not face them. I managed to get myself back on top of everything long before and now I really am reaping the benefit of getting things back on track. Things with Becky are fun and we spend time together doing things like playing on the xbox or watching films. 

I've been living life as it comes and I am enjoying everything again. I sleep better at night and wake up in a more cheery frame of mind. I'm done with focusing on people who aren't worth my attention and I had to learn the hard way that sometimes that closing a door is the best way of avoiding problems in the future.

Loves
Wendy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I will review it as soon as possible!

Labels

ABG (2) acceptance (5) Adventures (1) Alphonse (2) Ambulances (5) Amusement (1) Angry (3) Animals (2) Another Day In Midgar (2) Appointment (1) Art (4) Asthma (22) Asthma Attack (12) Asthma UK (2) Awareness (2) Bad Attitudes (1) Bass (1) Benefits (3) Birthdays (3) Blogs (2) Blood Pressure (1) Books (1) Bucket List (1) Busy Day (2) Calming (1) Catherine (2) Childhood (2) Chocobo (1) Christmas (4) Cleaning (2) Close Calls (1) cold (1) Comforter (1) Compensation (2) Creativity (1) Cruelty (1) Custody (1) Cute (1) death (3) Debt (2) Depression (4) Design (1) diary (1) Disability (1) Disgust (1) Disney (1) Distraction (2) Doctors (4) documentary (1) Dr Pike (1) Dreams (1) Drugs (1) DWP (1) Dye (1) Eating Patterns (1) ESA (1) Exhaustion (3) fair share (1) family (1) Films (1) Final Fantasy 7 (5) Flu (2) Fluid (1) Food (1) Friends (7) Gaming (2) Gizmo (2) glass half full (3) goodbye (1) GP (5) guidelines (1) Guiniea Pigs (6) Guitar (1) Hair (1) happiness (6) haters (1) Help (1) HND (2) home (3) home use (1) Honesty (3) Hope (4) Hospitals (8) Housework (1) Human Nature (1) Illness (5) Infection (5) inspiration (1) Instincts (1) Joke (1) JP (2) Judy (1) Labas (1) Life (2) lost cause (1) love (1) Luke (1) Lungs (3) Lush (1) Me (2) Medication (7) Memories (1) Mike (1) Mind (1) MSN (1) Music (6) My Past (1) Nathaniel (1) Nebuliser (8) Needles (1) neglect (2) Neighbor (2) new look (2) New year (1) NHS (2) Noise (5) Omen Shadow (2) One day's supply (1) Organ Donation (1) Pain (3) Patch (1) PDSA (1) Poem (1) Positivity (1) Pred (3) quotes (1) Rachael Wakefield (1) Rachy (1) Random ideas (1) Rant (1) Recovery (7) reinvention (2) Reporting (1) Routines (1) sad (1) salmonella (1) scared (1) Sean (1) Selfishness (1) Sephiroth (4) Sephy (3) Simon's Cat (1) Sims 2 (1) Sleep (6) Sorting it Out (1) Spite (1) Steve (1) Store Room (1) success (1) Support (2) Survival (4) Tattoos (1) tears (1) Technology (1) Temparature (1) Thank You (4) The Crow (1) Therapy (1) Thoughts (1) Thrash (1) Tired (1) Toys (1) Transformers (1) Transplant (1) Veins (1) Vomiting (1) warnings (1) West Midlands Ambulance Service (2) winter (1) work (1) Year (1)