For life's little ups and downs.

A rather quirky, funny and sometimes daunting look in to the life of someone who has a lot of health problems but does their best to keep positive. Punctuated by guinea pigs, anime, superheroes, transforming robots and cross stitching.

I started this blog to tell my story, about who I am and what I do. On top of the health problems and raising awareness for those, I also use my blog as a way to help promote other causes, particularly ones which affect the most vulnerable. I live with a number of different and complex health problems but I refuse to let anything get me down. I know how it feels to be discriminated against or thrown aside. This is me. This is my life. I live it and do what I want with it. Nature sets the limitations. We set the boundaries.

About Me:

A blog about life. I live with Type 1 Brittle Asthma, Bi-Polar Disorder, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder as well as Various Allergies, Neutropenia, Crohns Disease (my IBS was rediagnosed as Crohns), Osteo and Rheumatoid Arthritis, PCOS and Osteoporosis and Heredetary Spastic Paraplegia. I have recently also been diagnosed with Sleep Apnea (which makes me stop breathing in my sleep) I live with these conditions, but I refuse to let them keep me down and out. I still try and make the most of my days despite being so poorly and having to rely on my wheelchair, nebulisers, nearly 50 pills a day and 2l/min of oxygen and CPAP.

I'll flap my broken wings and erase it all someday... You'll see.

Thursday 19 July 2012

Today I had an appointment, well a home visit actually from the council. The tenancy officer was visiting my home in order to set the wheels in motion for me to keep my flat. As he has reassured me, this is purely a formality. This is just so that we have the paperwork put forward and we're doing everything by the book. Not that there is anything that doesn't work in my favour here.

My flat is set up for a disabled person. It has access that is easier for someone like me. It is classed as "Adapted" as I had the lifeline put in. This small console on the table may not look like much, but it has saved my life on more occasions than I can count. As it is only one bedroom, it is well suited to 1 or 2 people (namely myself and Becky who is my live in carer). In fact, in terms of suitability and need, you couldn't make a better match. As I say, it is just a formality and within the next couple of weeks, I will have my new tenancy agreement without even having to move a muscle.

But enough about all of that. I am forming some ideas myself to continue down my own path. Both Becky and myself are seeing new loves and are preparing ourselves to have more pleasured moments, laughter in our futures. In particular, this Christmas will be marked with a houseful of people eating, drinking and laughing together. A lot of love and happiness all in these walls. I think one other notable thing I have been doing lately is looking at random game merch. I was building some of the Halo lego again recently, building the wreckage of a UNSC Recruiting Centre and adding more of the little men to make a diorama (that and examining a model of MGS's Raiden in great detail, complete with sculpted arse and what looks like something in his pants) in front of my TV.

So all in all, today has been a good day. Come August 13th, nothing is going to change in terms of where I live and that in itself has made the visit with the tenancy officer very worth while. We are making some plans in some change in decor and furnishings, namely more storage for things like books, Final Fantasy coolness and all my other collectables. My collectables do add a certain feeling to the place and they're not only a mourning for a past long forgotten, but they celebrate me as I am. Not the person I was, nor the depressed creature I became, but the person who came out at the end of the tunnel with a big grin and the patience to play games that involve stealth or hunting down a kill.

The games I have been playing have really opened my eyes as to how much I enjoy gaming, not just as a hobby that passed the bleak times away until I could go and do something else, but as something I have always had something of a passion for. Theres something about a game with an involving storyline. But more on that some other time. I will leave you now with a picture of Raiden to tide you over until I can get a better picture of the model, even as a cyborg and with some kind of metal jaw he is quite pleasing to the eye and I actually enjoy playing as him!

Loves
Wendy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I will review it as soon as possible!

Labels

ABG (2) acceptance (5) Adventures (1) Alphonse (2) Ambulances (5) Amusement (1) Angry (3) Animals (2) Another Day In Midgar (2) Appointment (1) Art (4) Asthma (22) Asthma Attack (12) Asthma UK (2) Awareness (2) Bad Attitudes (1) Bass (1) Benefits (3) Birthdays (3) Blogs (2) Blood Pressure (1) Books (1) Bucket List (1) Busy Day (2) Calming (1) Catherine (2) Childhood (2) Chocobo (1) Christmas (4) Cleaning (2) Close Calls (1) cold (1) Comforter (1) Compensation (2) Creativity (1) Cruelty (1) Custody (1) Cute (1) death (3) Debt (2) Depression (4) Design (1) diary (1) Disability (1) Disgust (1) Disney (1) Distraction (2) Doctors (4) documentary (1) Dr Pike (1) Dreams (1) Drugs (1) DWP (1) Dye (1) Eating Patterns (1) ESA (1) Exhaustion (3) fair share (1) family (1) Films (1) Final Fantasy 7 (5) Flu (2) Fluid (1) Food (1) Friends (7) Gaming (2) Gizmo (2) glass half full (3) goodbye (1) GP (5) guidelines (1) Guiniea Pigs (6) Guitar (1) Hair (1) happiness (6) haters (1) Help (1) HND (2) home (3) home use (1) Honesty (3) Hope (4) Hospitals (8) Housework (1) Human Nature (1) Illness (5) Infection (5) inspiration (1) Instincts (1) Joke (1) JP (2) Judy (1) Labas (1) Life (2) lost cause (1) love (1) Luke (1) Lungs (3) Lush (1) Me (2) Medication (7) Memories (1) Mike (1) Mind (1) MSN (1) Music (6) My Past (1) Nathaniel (1) Nebuliser (8) Needles (1) neglect (2) Neighbor (2) new look (2) New year (1) NHS (2) Noise (5) Omen Shadow (2) One day's supply (1) Organ Donation (1) Pain (3) Patch (1) PDSA (1) Poem (1) Positivity (1) Pred (3) quotes (1) Rachael Wakefield (1) Rachy (1) Random ideas (1) Rant (1) Recovery (7) reinvention (2) Reporting (1) Routines (1) sad (1) salmonella (1) scared (1) Sean (1) Selfishness (1) Sephiroth (4) Sephy (3) Simon's Cat (1) Sims 2 (1) Sleep (6) Sorting it Out (1) Spite (1) Steve (1) Store Room (1) success (1) Support (2) Survival (4) Tattoos (1) tears (1) Technology (1) Temparature (1) Thank You (4) The Crow (1) Therapy (1) Thoughts (1) Thrash (1) Tired (1) Toys (1) Transformers (1) Transplant (1) Veins (1) Vomiting (1) warnings (1) West Midlands Ambulance Service (2) winter (1) work (1) Year (1)