For life's little ups and downs.

A rather quirky, funny and sometimes daunting look in to the life of someone who has a lot of health problems but does their best to keep positive. Punctuated by guinea pigs, anime, superheroes, transforming robots and cross stitching.

I started this blog to tell my story, about who I am and what I do. On top of the health problems and raising awareness for those, I also use my blog as a way to help promote other causes, particularly ones which affect the most vulnerable. I live with a number of different and complex health problems but I refuse to let anything get me down. I know how it feels to be discriminated against or thrown aside. This is me. This is my life. I live it and do what I want with it. Nature sets the limitations. We set the boundaries.

About Me:

A blog about life. I live with Type 1 Brittle Asthma, Bi-Polar Disorder, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder as well as Various Allergies, Neutropenia, Crohns Disease (my IBS was rediagnosed as Crohns), Osteo and Rheumatoid Arthritis, PCOS and Osteoporosis and Heredetary Spastic Paraplegia. I have recently also been diagnosed with Sleep Apnea (which makes me stop breathing in my sleep) I live with these conditions, but I refuse to let them keep me down and out. I still try and make the most of my days despite being so poorly and having to rely on my wheelchair, nebulisers, nearly 50 pills a day and 2l/min of oxygen and CPAP.

I'll flap my broken wings and erase it all someday... You'll see.

Thursday 23 February 2012

Wonderful Friends...

I am blessed to have such a tight-knit group of close friends who support me and help me when things are rough or when someone decides to try and have a pop at me for no reason at all. Last night was a huge proof of that and Tom and Becky really stepped up to the plate to support me and help me fight back against someone who is frankly not even worth the effort nor the time we spent telling this person to move on and stop trying to make me the bad guy. He needs to move on. I have done so. I am now rebuilding my life and things are better now than they have been in a long while.

With Tom, Becky, Penny and Nat on my side even the hardest things seem possible. On Tuesday Penny and I went out and we had a nice wander around Tesco. I needed a few things anyway, but I managed to replace my old hoover as the old one I had decided that it had had enough now and finally gave up on me. For something I only got as a temporary solution, it has served me very well over the last 2-3 years or so. My only gripes with it were the unwashable filter which just got more and more disgusting as time went on and the fact that the hose was so weak that it often split apart. This led to loss of suction and eventually the downfall of the vacuum cleaner and I was forever repairing it.

The new vacuum cleaner is a Samsung one and it has a washable filter and dust chamber. This to me is ideal because obviously I can wash it out and get rid of the dust and grossness. It's also a LOT more hygienic than the paper style filters which become rapidly clogged and eventually kick out more dust and dirt than they actually get up. To me that would be hazardous. I remember when desperation had led myself and an ex to loan a vacuum cleaner from his dad and it was so full of dust and dirt, every time it was used I was rushed in to hospital. Ever since then I had been looking out for something that was not only powerful, but hygienic.

I'm a stickler for clean, but I have to be. If my home isn't clean and tidy then I am at risk of asthma attacks because of the dust or worse, severe infections which take weeks to get to the end of. There are times where I do wonder whether I clean my home too much, but at the end of the day, my home is comfortable and because it's so clean and tidy, I know you can eat something here and not wind up spending the next week fighting off severe stomach problems. So I guess that is the difference really isn't it?

Loves
Wendy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I will review it as soon as possible!

Labels

ABG (2) acceptance (5) Adventures (1) Alphonse (2) Ambulances (5) Amusement (1) Angry (3) Animals (2) Another Day In Midgar (2) Appointment (1) Art (4) Asthma (22) Asthma Attack (12) Asthma UK (2) Awareness (2) Bad Attitudes (1) Bass (1) Benefits (3) Birthdays (3) Blogs (2) Blood Pressure (1) Books (1) Bucket List (1) Busy Day (2) Calming (1) Catherine (2) Childhood (2) Chocobo (1) Christmas (4) Cleaning (2) Close Calls (1) cold (1) Comforter (1) Compensation (2) Creativity (1) Cruelty (1) Custody (1) Cute (1) death (3) Debt (2) Depression (4) Design (1) diary (1) Disability (1) Disgust (1) Disney (1) Distraction (2) Doctors (4) documentary (1) Dr Pike (1) Dreams (1) Drugs (1) DWP (1) Dye (1) Eating Patterns (1) ESA (1) Exhaustion (3) fair share (1) family (1) Films (1) Final Fantasy 7 (5) Flu (2) Fluid (1) Food (1) Friends (7) Gaming (2) Gizmo (2) glass half full (3) goodbye (1) GP (5) guidelines (1) Guiniea Pigs (6) Guitar (1) Hair (1) happiness (6) haters (1) Help (1) HND (2) home (3) home use (1) Honesty (3) Hope (4) Hospitals (8) Housework (1) Human Nature (1) Illness (5) Infection (5) inspiration (1) Instincts (1) Joke (1) JP (2) Judy (1) Labas (1) Life (2) lost cause (1) love (1) Luke (1) Lungs (3) Lush (1) Me (2) Medication (7) Memories (1) Mike (1) Mind (1) MSN (1) Music (6) My Past (1) Nathaniel (1) Nebuliser (8) Needles (1) neglect (2) Neighbor (2) new look (2) New year (1) NHS (2) Noise (5) Omen Shadow (2) One day's supply (1) Organ Donation (1) Pain (3) Patch (1) PDSA (1) Poem (1) Positivity (1) Pred (3) quotes (1) Rachael Wakefield (1) Rachy (1) Random ideas (1) Rant (1) Recovery (7) reinvention (2) Reporting (1) Routines (1) sad (1) salmonella (1) scared (1) Sean (1) Selfishness (1) Sephiroth (4) Sephy (3) Simon's Cat (1) Sims 2 (1) Sleep (6) Sorting it Out (1) Spite (1) Steve (1) Store Room (1) success (1) Support (2) Survival (4) Tattoos (1) tears (1) Technology (1) Temparature (1) Thank You (4) The Crow (1) Therapy (1) Thoughts (1) Thrash (1) Tired (1) Toys (1) Transformers (1) Transplant (1) Veins (1) Vomiting (1) warnings (1) West Midlands Ambulance Service (2) winter (1) work (1) Year (1)