For life's little ups and downs.

A rather quirky, funny and sometimes daunting look in to the life of someone who has a lot of health problems but does their best to keep positive. Punctuated by guinea pigs, anime, superheroes, transforming robots and cross stitching.

I started this blog to tell my story, about who I am and what I do. On top of the health problems and raising awareness for those, I also use my blog as a way to help promote other causes, particularly ones which affect the most vulnerable. I live with a number of different and complex health problems but I refuse to let anything get me down. I know how it feels to be discriminated against or thrown aside. This is me. This is my life. I live it and do what I want with it. Nature sets the limitations. We set the boundaries.

About Me:

A blog about life. I live with Type 1 Brittle Asthma, Bi-Polar Disorder, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder as well as Various Allergies, Neutropenia, Crohns Disease (my IBS was rediagnosed as Crohns), Osteo and Rheumatoid Arthritis, PCOS and Osteoporosis and Heredetary Spastic Paraplegia. I have recently also been diagnosed with Sleep Apnea (which makes me stop breathing in my sleep) I live with these conditions, but I refuse to let them keep me down and out. I still try and make the most of my days despite being so poorly and having to rely on my wheelchair, nebulisers, nearly 50 pills a day and 2l/min of oxygen and CPAP.

I'll flap my broken wings and erase it all someday... You'll see.

Friday 10 February 2012

Friday...

Today is the end of the week and the beginning of some fantastic times with the people who mean the most to me. It's going to be a month of seeing close friends, and meeting someone who I have recently gotten close to. Becky coming up here today will be such a change of pace. She's moving in with me in the summer, but until then we take every chance to hang out and spend time together, in school and college holidays. She visits me and soon my home, which is usually quiet and subdued, is full of laughter, smiles and the sounds of two really happy young girls having a really good time. Late night games of truth or dare, funny little in jokes and quotes that come from nowhere and lazing around playing Dissidia together or Ultimate Ninja Storm 2.

It's going to be even more enjoyable on Wednesday when, as well as Becky meeting another person who means a lot to me, Tom, we're both getting a tattoo. I designed both of them from Masashi Kishimoto's design for the Heaven Curse Mark that is bestowed on Sasuke Uchiha. This mark is made up of three "Tomoe" which are also seen in the Sharingan eye. These represent "Man, Earth and Sky". In the anime, this mark is given as a sharing of ability or jutsu, also it is a mark that links people together as they were chosen by Orochimaru. Where as my Tomoe are going to be in the more traditional style, Becky's are going to be ever so slightly different, and her name is on the seal around her mark in the Cocoon Alphabet from Final Fantasy XIII. Hers has 6 short prongs symbolising protection from the beast inside her.

My mark however has 12 prongs which symbolise my very strong will and resistance to rise to people and their childishness. 6 of my prongs are going to be very long while the other 6 are shorter, my name has also been worked in to the design so that it is personalised to me. This mark on our shoulders will mark our bond and our deep connection with each other. As I designed them, I really tried to capture something of us both in the designs and really made them look unique, yet beautiful. Becky's design looks almost similar to the Earth Seal, but it has an element of flowing and free movement, perhaps symbolising fire and passionate personality.

This year I aim to get a fair few of my tattoos done and my sleeve is going to be at least worked on if not almost finished. I don't find the process painful as such, but I do find it cathartic as the designs usually mark a period in my life where I have triumphed over an obstacle. I do that a lot. There has never been a problem I have not been able to overcome, even if some of them were notably difficult or painful. I still had the strength and will to get there. I suppose in an abstract kind of way, that is my "Will of fire" that makes me want to be strong enough to overcome my barriers and protect those I care deeply for.

I'll be meeting Jace soon. I am really looking forward to this because after we've been talking for as long as we have, I feel there is a connection there and I am glad I joined that website and got talking to him. I really feel positive about this.

Loves
Wendy xx

4 comments:

  1. I really can't wait! (Not long until I see you now!!)

    The tattoo will be painful but fun. Thank you for incorporating my name in the Cocoon alphabet for me!!

    I also cannot wait to meet Tom, as from what I had heard from you, and from what I've seen from speaking to him both on twitter and on the phone, he seems like a very lovely guy.

    I just hope you huys both like your presents.

    Also, I know Nat is going with you to see Jace, but please be careful and make sure you tell me how it goes ;D

    See you later m'dear!!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Undeniably believe that which you stated. Your favorite reason seemed to be on the internet the easiest thing to be aware of. I say to you, I certainly get irked while people consider worries that they plainly do not know about. You managed to hit the nail upon the top and defined out the whole thing without having side effect , people could take a signal. Will probably be back to get more. Thanks
    bebe Logo Gradient Velour Pant

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Thank you! I constantly needed to write on my website something like that. Can I take a part of your post to my blog?
    !#: Sorel Women's Helen Of Tundra Boot... The Cheapest

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. I will review it as soon as possible!

Labels

ABG (2) acceptance (5) Adventures (1) Alphonse (2) Ambulances (5) Amusement (1) Angry (3) Animals (2) Another Day In Midgar (2) Appointment (1) Art (4) Asthma (22) Asthma Attack (12) Asthma UK (2) Awareness (2) Bad Attitudes (1) Bass (1) Benefits (3) Birthdays (3) Blogs (2) Blood Pressure (1) Books (1) Bucket List (1) Busy Day (2) Calming (1) Catherine (2) Childhood (2) Chocobo (1) Christmas (4) Cleaning (2) Close Calls (1) cold (1) Comforter (1) Compensation (2) Creativity (1) Cruelty (1) Custody (1) Cute (1) death (3) Debt (2) Depression (4) Design (1) diary (1) Disability (1) Disgust (1) Disney (1) Distraction (2) Doctors (4) documentary (1) Dr Pike (1) Dreams (1) Drugs (1) DWP (1) Dye (1) Eating Patterns (1) ESA (1) Exhaustion (3) fair share (1) family (1) Films (1) Final Fantasy 7 (5) Flu (2) Fluid (1) Food (1) Friends (7) Gaming (2) Gizmo (2) glass half full (3) goodbye (1) GP (5) guidelines (1) Guiniea Pigs (6) Guitar (1) Hair (1) happiness (6) haters (1) Help (1) HND (2) home (3) home use (1) Honesty (3) Hope (4) Hospitals (8) Housework (1) Human Nature (1) Illness (5) Infection (5) inspiration (1) Instincts (1) Joke (1) JP (2) Judy (1) Labas (1) Life (2) lost cause (1) love (1) Luke (1) Lungs (3) Lush (1) Me (2) Medication (7) Memories (1) Mike (1) Mind (1) MSN (1) Music (6) My Past (1) Nathaniel (1) Nebuliser (8) Needles (1) neglect (2) Neighbor (2) new look (2) New year (1) NHS (2) Noise (5) Omen Shadow (2) One day's supply (1) Organ Donation (1) Pain (3) Patch (1) PDSA (1) Poem (1) Positivity (1) Pred (3) quotes (1) Rachael Wakefield (1) Rachy (1) Random ideas (1) Rant (1) Recovery (7) reinvention (2) Reporting (1) Routines (1) sad (1) salmonella (1) scared (1) Sean (1) Selfishness (1) Sephiroth (4) Sephy (3) Simon's Cat (1) Sims 2 (1) Sleep (6) Sorting it Out (1) Spite (1) Steve (1) Store Room (1) success (1) Support (2) Survival (4) Tattoos (1) tears (1) Technology (1) Temparature (1) Thank You (4) The Crow (1) Therapy (1) Thoughts (1) Thrash (1) Tired (1) Toys (1) Transformers (1) Transplant (1) Veins (1) Vomiting (1) warnings (1) West Midlands Ambulance Service (2) winter (1) work (1) Year (1)