For life's little ups and downs.

A rather quirky, funny and sometimes daunting look in to the life of someone who has a lot of health problems but does their best to keep positive. Punctuated by guinea pigs, anime, superheroes, transforming robots and cross stitching.

I started this blog to tell my story, about who I am and what I do. On top of the health problems and raising awareness for those, I also use my blog as a way to help promote other causes, particularly ones which affect the most vulnerable. I live with a number of different and complex health problems but I refuse to let anything get me down. I know how it feels to be discriminated against or thrown aside. This is me. This is my life. I live it and do what I want with it. Nature sets the limitations. We set the boundaries.

About Me:

A blog about life. I live with Type 1 Brittle Asthma, Bi-Polar Disorder, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder as well as Various Allergies, Neutropenia, Crohns Disease (my IBS was rediagnosed as Crohns), Osteo and Rheumatoid Arthritis, PCOS and Osteoporosis and Heredetary Spastic Paraplegia. I have recently also been diagnosed with Sleep Apnea (which makes me stop breathing in my sleep) I live with these conditions, but I refuse to let them keep me down and out. I still try and make the most of my days despite being so poorly and having to rely on my wheelchair, nebulisers, nearly 50 pills a day and 2l/min of oxygen and CPAP.

I'll flap my broken wings and erase it all someday... You'll see.

Saturday 4 February 2012

Snow and an Unhappy Chest...

It's snowing here, and although I love looking at and taking pictures of it, my chest has decided that it isn't as enthusiastic. But then again my chest and I could never be accused of seeing eye to eye at the best of times. I had planned to go and grab a loaf of bread and some snacks from the local shop, but decided that perhaps that would be foolhardy. It's far too cold right now and I really wouldn't want to have to phone Becky with a "Sorry, I've been admitted again..." as we have been looking forward to next weekend for a while now.

I would have loved to have gotten out in the snow and in to the woods for some cosplay photos but I think for now that is going to have to wait. Not unless I want what seems to be just a cough and a cold to get worse. I'm thinking my best bet would be to stay in right now. Besides its warm in here and theres plenty of things that need doing around the house. And of course 5 lovely guinea pigs and a rat to keep me company.

The younger guinea pigs are starting to settle in nicely. Tenzou is starting to come out of his shelf and is a right little sweetie. He loves to explore the bed and burrow in to my duvet. He had been bitten by either Gaara or Zell (more than likely Zell actually as he is the more boisterous one) and has a little mark on his ear, he let me clean it without fuss and accepted a piece of Broccoli as a reward. I did see if I could house Tenzou in with Gizmo and Kadaj again, but after about 10 minutes (a record with Kadaj really) he was all fluffed up and making all kind of angry noises so I had to take Tenzou away before Kadaj turned psychotic on me. Not the first time he's gone ape-shit over other guineas. I still have the scar from when I separated him and Hope, and Hope being blind managed to latch himself on to my finger leaving a deep wound that nearly needed stitches.

I brought them all some toys this week as well. Kadaj now likes to gnaw the chain on his gnaw garland while Tenzou has taken to playing "nudgeball" with his rattle-ball. It's so cute to watch this little black creature nudge this ball around the cage then popcorn with sheer pleasure from the sound it makes. Kadaj and Gizmo do have a rattle-ball and Gizmo likes to throw it around which is funny to watch. It does one's morale good to see animals looking happy and healthy. Makes me feel like I'm looking after them correctly and that they are growing to be happy, active pets.

I finally managed to open the living room blind for a while today. Usually I feel too exposed with it open, this was part of my PTSD and I was becoming scared and paranoid about other people, and particularly the threat of others. It's been 2 days on the stronger dose of Seroquel and I am starting to finally calm down. Not helped obviously when I get so tired that I can't keep my eyes open, I tend to become easily upset and stressed when that happens. Care needs to be taken in future to prevent this from occurring.

I am also actually looking forward to starting art therapy, the waiting is long, but it will be a good way of working through everything thats bothering me and a good step towards healing and becoming the person I know I can be. I guess I need to just follow Becky's advice and rather than take everything on all at once, just break it down and do it bit by bit. Little by little. Step by step.

I'll phone in a verdict!

Loves
Wendy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I will review it as soon as possible!

Labels

ABG (2) acceptance (5) Adventures (1) Alphonse (2) Ambulances (5) Amusement (1) Angry (3) Animals (2) Another Day In Midgar (2) Appointment (1) Art (4) Asthma (22) Asthma Attack (12) Asthma UK (2) Awareness (2) Bad Attitudes (1) Bass (1) Benefits (3) Birthdays (3) Blogs (2) Blood Pressure (1) Books (1) Bucket List (1) Busy Day (2) Calming (1) Catherine (2) Childhood (2) Chocobo (1) Christmas (4) Cleaning (2) Close Calls (1) cold (1) Comforter (1) Compensation (2) Creativity (1) Cruelty (1) Custody (1) Cute (1) death (3) Debt (2) Depression (4) Design (1) diary (1) Disability (1) Disgust (1) Disney (1) Distraction (2) Doctors (4) documentary (1) Dr Pike (1) Dreams (1) Drugs (1) DWP (1) Dye (1) Eating Patterns (1) ESA (1) Exhaustion (3) fair share (1) family (1) Films (1) Final Fantasy 7 (5) Flu (2) Fluid (1) Food (1) Friends (7) Gaming (2) Gizmo (2) glass half full (3) goodbye (1) GP (5) guidelines (1) Guiniea Pigs (6) Guitar (1) Hair (1) happiness (6) haters (1) Help (1) HND (2) home (3) home use (1) Honesty (3) Hope (4) Hospitals (8) Housework (1) Human Nature (1) Illness (5) Infection (5) inspiration (1) Instincts (1) Joke (1) JP (2) Judy (1) Labas (1) Life (2) lost cause (1) love (1) Luke (1) Lungs (3) Lush (1) Me (2) Medication (7) Memories (1) Mike (1) Mind (1) MSN (1) Music (6) My Past (1) Nathaniel (1) Nebuliser (8) Needles (1) neglect (2) Neighbor (2) new look (2) New year (1) NHS (2) Noise (5) Omen Shadow (2) One day's supply (1) Organ Donation (1) Pain (3) Patch (1) PDSA (1) Poem (1) Positivity (1) Pred (3) quotes (1) Rachael Wakefield (1) Rachy (1) Random ideas (1) Rant (1) Recovery (7) reinvention (2) Reporting (1) Routines (1) sad (1) salmonella (1) scared (1) Sean (1) Selfishness (1) Sephiroth (4) Sephy (3) Simon's Cat (1) Sims 2 (1) Sleep (6) Sorting it Out (1) Spite (1) Steve (1) Store Room (1) success (1) Support (2) Survival (4) Tattoos (1) tears (1) Technology (1) Temparature (1) Thank You (4) The Crow (1) Therapy (1) Thoughts (1) Thrash (1) Tired (1) Toys (1) Transformers (1) Transplant (1) Veins (1) Vomiting (1) warnings (1) West Midlands Ambulance Service (2) winter (1) work (1) Year (1)