For life's little ups and downs.

A rather quirky, funny and sometimes daunting look in to the life of someone who has a lot of health problems but does their best to keep positive. Punctuated by guinea pigs, anime, superheroes, transforming robots and cross stitching.

I started this blog to tell my story, about who I am and what I do. On top of the health problems and raising awareness for those, I also use my blog as a way to help promote other causes, particularly ones which affect the most vulnerable. I live with a number of different and complex health problems but I refuse to let anything get me down. I know how it feels to be discriminated against or thrown aside. This is me. This is my life. I live it and do what I want with it. Nature sets the limitations. We set the boundaries.

About Me:

A blog about life. I live with Type 1 Brittle Asthma, Bi-Polar Disorder, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder as well as Various Allergies, Neutropenia, Crohns Disease (my IBS was rediagnosed as Crohns), Osteo and Rheumatoid Arthritis, PCOS and Osteoporosis and Heredetary Spastic Paraplegia. I have recently also been diagnosed with Sleep Apnea (which makes me stop breathing in my sleep) I live with these conditions, but I refuse to let them keep me down and out. I still try and make the most of my days despite being so poorly and having to rely on my wheelchair, nebulisers, nearly 50 pills a day and 2l/min of oxygen and CPAP.

I'll flap my broken wings and erase it all someday... You'll see.

Sunday 26 February 2012

Playtime With An Old Friend...

When it was first released back in the 90's (I think it was possibly either 97 or 98, I am not too sure) I admit the Metal Gear Solid game didn't appeal to me, maybe it was my brother's constant prattle about it that made me think "Yeah, I can take or leave that" but as I grew older and less of a child, I started to get in to the idea of Metal Gear Solid. I remember watching it played through many times and found the ideas behind it pretty interesting. I loved how you had to sneak around the "Shadow Moses" facility and the story was somewhat addictive. I did eventually start playing it myself and actually found it an enjoyable game.

So you can imagine my sheer delight when I was walking through Tescos that day and discovered that the Metal Gear Solid HD Collection was being released on PS3 and, my personal favourite, X Box 360. After a few weeks of not being able to find a copy for love nor money, I ordered it online and after some snow delays it finally arrived this morning, ready to be played and enjoyed. It was fantastic to see Snake in HD and watch the well researched story unfold in front of my eyes. It brought a tear to my eye as it was something that I have enjoyed for many MANY years and to see it come to life like new was in itself incredible.

OK so I still managed to get all the guards on me and I only just managed to catch a snake to nom, but I did enjoy myself running around the abandoned factory. The funniest thing I probably did (and yes it was something immature) was zoom right in to Snake's crotch for a couple of minutes. I don't know why I did it or why I was laughing my head off because of it. There was something amusing about it but in that groggy and less than well frame of mind, I was probably going to giggle my head off at anything!

Last night was eventful in it's own way as well. I hadn't been feeling so good during the day and my asthma had been troublesome. I had gotten to the point of hourly nebs and the weren't helping as much as they should have. I was starting to feel a bit tired and then decided that I had had enough for one day so decided that it was time to get some help (with some persuasion from some friends) and with my SPo2 dwindling to just 93% the paramedics agreed that I'd done the right thing. I spent around about 2 hours on constant o2 until I was more settled, less wheezy and we could find the root of the problem.

The first step was bloods and IV access. That wasn't too simple in it's self. My veins are a bit twitchy as they are, but when the first one shut down instantly, I think we kind of knew this was going to take a while. We tried another one and were successful. An ABG was needed too. I hate ABGs at the best of times. They hurt. A lot. Unless you have had one, you can't possible know what they feel like. A needle in your wrist, digging inbetween the bones to find an artery to take a sample of blood. It isn't easy to do when the patient isn't tachycardic. When my heartrate was over 150, this makes the job a LOT harder. As a result, I ended up having 2 attempts and a hematoma forming on my wrist at the instant. This wasn't as big as it got, but at the time when it reached it's biggest, I really couldn't hold the camera steady.

I did amuse myself for a while however by listening to my Ipod and using the plush doll (this time it was Itachi, last time "Little" Sasu came with me) I took with me for some comfort and making him dance along, it made me smile and then when I was sleepier, I cuddled up to him and rested for a while. After the oxygen, nebs and pred had worked their magic, and I was finally settled right down, I was absolutely exhausted. It's a strange feeling, but when I struggle through most of the day like that, I don't feel tired because of the adrenaline pumping through, but when it's calmed down. I feel so tired that I just want to hit the deck and sleep for hours, but by the time I got home, I was a bit pumped up to sleep. I didn't actually get to bed until about midnight but didn't actually fall asleep until 2 AM. I don't know what was wrong, I was too hot one minute, too cold the next. Then I was aching in the strangest places and then I felt sick (probably because of all the Ventolin I'd had). My infection is still there and it's worse than we thought it was. I am now on 2 kinds of antibiotic, and it's going to take me a long while until I feel well and perky enough again to get back to normal. I guess that until then, the best thing I can do is getting plenty of rest, drink plenty and enjoy running around with Naked Snake.

I admit that the thing I really enjoy about Snake Eater is the authenticity! It's set in the 1960's around the time of the Cold War. The mission starts with the infiltration of the facility and the rescue of Solkalov, a director of the Soviet Weapon's development. I'll let you know how I get on with it!

Loves
Wendy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I will review it as soon as possible!

Labels

ABG (2) acceptance (5) Adventures (1) Alphonse (2) Ambulances (5) Amusement (1) Angry (3) Animals (2) Another Day In Midgar (2) Appointment (1) Art (4) Asthma (22) Asthma Attack (12) Asthma UK (2) Awareness (2) Bad Attitudes (1) Bass (1) Benefits (3) Birthdays (3) Blogs (2) Blood Pressure (1) Books (1) Bucket List (1) Busy Day (2) Calming (1) Catherine (2) Childhood (2) Chocobo (1) Christmas (4) Cleaning (2) Close Calls (1) cold (1) Comforter (1) Compensation (2) Creativity (1) Cruelty (1) Custody (1) Cute (1) death (3) Debt (2) Depression (4) Design (1) diary (1) Disability (1) Disgust (1) Disney (1) Distraction (2) Doctors (4) documentary (1) Dr Pike (1) Dreams (1) Drugs (1) DWP (1) Dye (1) Eating Patterns (1) ESA (1) Exhaustion (3) fair share (1) family (1) Films (1) Final Fantasy 7 (5) Flu (2) Fluid (1) Food (1) Friends (7) Gaming (2) Gizmo (2) glass half full (3) goodbye (1) GP (5) guidelines (1) Guiniea Pigs (6) Guitar (1) Hair (1) happiness (6) haters (1) Help (1) HND (2) home (3) home use (1) Honesty (3) Hope (4) Hospitals (8) Housework (1) Human Nature (1) Illness (5) Infection (5) inspiration (1) Instincts (1) Joke (1) JP (2) Judy (1) Labas (1) Life (2) lost cause (1) love (1) Luke (1) Lungs (3) Lush (1) Me (2) Medication (7) Memories (1) Mike (1) Mind (1) MSN (1) Music (6) My Past (1) Nathaniel (1) Nebuliser (8) Needles (1) neglect (2) Neighbor (2) new look (2) New year (1) NHS (2) Noise (5) Omen Shadow (2) One day's supply (1) Organ Donation (1) Pain (3) Patch (1) PDSA (1) Poem (1) Positivity (1) Pred (3) quotes (1) Rachael Wakefield (1) Rachy (1) Random ideas (1) Rant (1) Recovery (7) reinvention (2) Reporting (1) Routines (1) sad (1) salmonella (1) scared (1) Sean (1) Selfishness (1) Sephiroth (4) Sephy (3) Simon's Cat (1) Sims 2 (1) Sleep (6) Sorting it Out (1) Spite (1) Steve (1) Store Room (1) success (1) Support (2) Survival (4) Tattoos (1) tears (1) Technology (1) Temparature (1) Thank You (4) The Crow (1) Therapy (1) Thoughts (1) Thrash (1) Tired (1) Toys (1) Transformers (1) Transplant (1) Veins (1) Vomiting (1) warnings (1) West Midlands Ambulance Service (2) winter (1) work (1) Year (1)