For life's little ups and downs.

A rather quirky, funny and sometimes daunting look in to the life of someone who has a lot of health problems but does their best to keep positive. Punctuated by guinea pigs, anime, superheroes, transforming robots and cross stitching.

I started this blog to tell my story, about who I am and what I do. On top of the health problems and raising awareness for those, I also use my blog as a way to help promote other causes, particularly ones which affect the most vulnerable. I live with a number of different and complex health problems but I refuse to let anything get me down. I know how it feels to be discriminated against or thrown aside. This is me. This is my life. I live it and do what I want with it. Nature sets the limitations. We set the boundaries.

About Me:

A blog about life. I live with Type 1 Brittle Asthma, Bi-Polar Disorder, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder as well as Various Allergies, Neutropenia, Crohns Disease (my IBS was rediagnosed as Crohns), Osteo and Rheumatoid Arthritis, PCOS and Osteoporosis and Heredetary Spastic Paraplegia. I have recently also been diagnosed with Sleep Apnea (which makes me stop breathing in my sleep) I live with these conditions, but I refuse to let them keep me down and out. I still try and make the most of my days despite being so poorly and having to rely on my wheelchair, nebulisers, nearly 50 pills a day and 2l/min of oxygen and CPAP.

I'll flap my broken wings and erase it all someday... You'll see.

Monday 20 February 2012

Old Music...

There really is something so nostalgic yet wonderful about music that has come from more innocent times. My recent purchase of Simon and Garfunkel's "Sounds of Silence" album along with a couple of other albums of theirs reminded me so much of the music I was raised on my my parents. Growing up in the household I did (not the best surroundings for a young child by a long shot) I found a lot of comfort and solace in music. From a young child warbling along to Meatloaf songs to the times spent with my Dad listening to music like Don Maclean, Simon and Garfunkel as well as the Sex Pistols, the Clash and oddly enough Dire Straits. I think it was my introduction to this kind of music from such a young age that has been the biggest influence on me now.

One song that I used to enjoy listening to and listening as my Dad would explain the meanings of was a song called "American Pie" by Don Maclean (Madonna did a cover of it when I was about 10, but her version was less than palatable compared to the original). I remember this particular vinyl very vivdly as it was one my Dad kept well out of the way. It was the size of an LP, but you had to play it on the SP setting on the record player. The song was so long that it actually had half on one side and half on the other side so you had to flip it over halfway through the 10 minute song! When we used to listen to the record player, there was sometimes this wonderful sort of feeling where the 4 of us would sit together as an actual family and listen, often my brother and I would be sat with a dog each and my parents would be warm and affectionate towards each other. It was such a rarity, but whenever I listen to certain songs on my IPod, I get that feeling of warmth and calm and can't help but smile. It's no understatement to note that these family moments were a rarity at best so when they occurred they really carved their way in to my memory.

That particular song has been on my IPod and it gets played a lot. Especially whenever I think about Becky, it reminds me of her and her love of America. The song is about some really influential points in American history and it is so cleverly written. It has this sentimental feeling to it as it tells about the deaths of iconic people such as Marilyn Monroe, Buddy Holly and James Dean. I would love to find out what all the verses meant again as it really was a fantastic song.

I love clever songs from the 60s and 70s. Theres something so pure about them and the influence they have over modern culture and music of today. Theres still something of an allure towards it, even though now I am no longer a bonkers 7 year old, but an eccentric 24 year old.

Loves
Wendy xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I will review it as soon as possible!

Labels

ABG (2) acceptance (5) Adventures (1) Alphonse (2) Ambulances (5) Amusement (1) Angry (3) Animals (2) Another Day In Midgar (2) Appointment (1) Art (4) Asthma (22) Asthma Attack (12) Asthma UK (2) Awareness (2) Bad Attitudes (1) Bass (1) Benefits (3) Birthdays (3) Blogs (2) Blood Pressure (1) Books (1) Bucket List (1) Busy Day (2) Calming (1) Catherine (2) Childhood (2) Chocobo (1) Christmas (4) Cleaning (2) Close Calls (1) cold (1) Comforter (1) Compensation (2) Creativity (1) Cruelty (1) Custody (1) Cute (1) death (3) Debt (2) Depression (4) Design (1) diary (1) Disability (1) Disgust (1) Disney (1) Distraction (2) Doctors (4) documentary (1) Dr Pike (1) Dreams (1) Drugs (1) DWP (1) Dye (1) Eating Patterns (1) ESA (1) Exhaustion (3) fair share (1) family (1) Films (1) Final Fantasy 7 (5) Flu (2) Fluid (1) Food (1) Friends (7) Gaming (2) Gizmo (2) glass half full (3) goodbye (1) GP (5) guidelines (1) Guiniea Pigs (6) Guitar (1) Hair (1) happiness (6) haters (1) Help (1) HND (2) home (3) home use (1) Honesty (3) Hope (4) Hospitals (8) Housework (1) Human Nature (1) Illness (5) Infection (5) inspiration (1) Instincts (1) Joke (1) JP (2) Judy (1) Labas (1) Life (2) lost cause (1) love (1) Luke (1) Lungs (3) Lush (1) Me (2) Medication (7) Memories (1) Mike (1) Mind (1) MSN (1) Music (6) My Past (1) Nathaniel (1) Nebuliser (8) Needles (1) neglect (2) Neighbor (2) new look (2) New year (1) NHS (2) Noise (5) Omen Shadow (2) One day's supply (1) Organ Donation (1) Pain (3) Patch (1) PDSA (1) Poem (1) Positivity (1) Pred (3) quotes (1) Rachael Wakefield (1) Rachy (1) Random ideas (1) Rant (1) Recovery (7) reinvention (2) Reporting (1) Routines (1) sad (1) salmonella (1) scared (1) Sean (1) Selfishness (1) Sephiroth (4) Sephy (3) Simon's Cat (1) Sims 2 (1) Sleep (6) Sorting it Out (1) Spite (1) Steve (1) Store Room (1) success (1) Support (2) Survival (4) Tattoos (1) tears (1) Technology (1) Temparature (1) Thank You (4) The Crow (1) Therapy (1) Thoughts (1) Thrash (1) Tired (1) Toys (1) Transformers (1) Transplant (1) Veins (1) Vomiting (1) warnings (1) West Midlands Ambulance Service (2) winter (1) work (1) Year (1)