For life's little ups and downs.

A rather quirky, funny and sometimes daunting look in to the life of someone who has a lot of health problems but does their best to keep positive. Punctuated by guinea pigs, anime, superheroes, transforming robots and cross stitching.

I started this blog to tell my story, about who I am and what I do. On top of the health problems and raising awareness for those, I also use my blog as a way to help promote other causes, particularly ones which affect the most vulnerable. I live with a number of different and complex health problems but I refuse to let anything get me down. I know how it feels to be discriminated against or thrown aside. This is me. This is my life. I live it and do what I want with it. Nature sets the limitations. We set the boundaries.

About Me:

A blog about life. I live with Type 1 Brittle Asthma, Bi-Polar Disorder, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder as well as Various Allergies, Neutropenia, Crohns Disease (my IBS was rediagnosed as Crohns), Osteo and Rheumatoid Arthritis, PCOS and Osteoporosis and Heredetary Spastic Paraplegia. I have recently also been diagnosed with Sleep Apnea (which makes me stop breathing in my sleep) I live with these conditions, but I refuse to let them keep me down and out. I still try and make the most of my days despite being so poorly and having to rely on my wheelchair, nebulisers, nearly 50 pills a day and 2l/min of oxygen and CPAP.

I'll flap my broken wings and erase it all someday... You'll see.

Wednesday 25 January 2012

New Additions...

My menagerie is growing and these little guys are absolutely gorgeous! I adopted them recently and brought home these little wonders, and worked out exactly who was best suited to which adult pig. In the end I decided that they were both to be housed with my 8 month old, Gaara, instead of my two 13 month olds.

Zell (named by Becky) and Tenzou (a name I chose that means "Heavenly Creation") are about 17 weeks old, and like Gizmo and Hope are brothers. Funnily enough it was the one year anniversary of bringing home Gizzy and Hope that I brought home Tenzou and Zell. They're lively little creatures who are full of energy and they love to chatter. Gaara is starting to get very big now and is slowly becoming friendlier as time goes on. I have had Gaara since July last year and he still wheeks very VERY loudly at times. One of the reasons he had been chosen was the fact that he was wheeking so loudly that he could be heard through the glass, on the other side of the shop! That little guinea pig has grown to be a right noisy bugger but he has his charms, and his soft side when he wants it.

Zell is a white abyssian with shining blue eyes and black rimmed ears. He kind of reminds me of Hope, but his personality is less loopy and he doesn't hump everything in sight. Hope did have a lot of problems and was destined to not live too long. It was quite sad but we kind of expected it after we'd found him on his side again and again. But Zell is very healthy and very happy. He's the chattier one of the two and is always interested in either exploring or long cuddles on the sofa. He loves his brother and likes to sleep curled up with Gaara which is very cute to see. As Becky named him, he is essentially Becky's guinea pig, but he lives here with me and the lads (and Light of course).

My guinea pig is Tenzou. A satin furred guinea pig who is almost totally black apart from a brown smudge on his head. His face reminds me a lot of Alphonse. And his rather sweet and timid personality reminds me of him as well. That sweet little creature also has a mild infatuation with the rat and finds her fascinating, and is completely oblivious to the rather obvious problem of right sex, wrong species!

Tenzou and Gaara have been a little rocky to start off with, Tenzou doesn't like the way Gaara tries to be dominant and Gaara doesn't seem to like the fact that he has to share his home with 4 other guinea pigs, a rat and a human. He's always been like it though, but him and Kadaj really REALLY hate one another and given half a chance would kill each other. Hence I don't chances with that kind of thing, something to do with me not wanting to bury 2 more guinea pigs. I really do have a passion for the chubby little darlings and would never allow one to get hurt in the process of anything. That just isn't how I do things and even though they can be stressful, and noisy, I believe that the day I said I was going to adopt them and keep them was the day I pledged to give every animal in my care the "forever" home they deserve, with love and compassion.

They may not realise it but my animals do bless me with something in themselves... They give me companionship and friendship. Unconditional love is so important and its something that can make the healing process a lot easier as it gives you a reason to carry on on those days when you're in pain or those days when you feel so weak and useless. And there have been many of those days when I have barely been well enough to stand and do things, let alone feel happy or worth anything, but those days are getting fewer and further between.

Loves
Wendy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I will review it as soon as possible!

Labels

ABG (2) acceptance (5) Adventures (1) Alphonse (2) Ambulances (5) Amusement (1) Angry (3) Animals (2) Another Day In Midgar (2) Appointment (1) Art (4) Asthma (22) Asthma Attack (12) Asthma UK (2) Awareness (2) Bad Attitudes (1) Bass (1) Benefits (3) Birthdays (3) Blogs (2) Blood Pressure (1) Books (1) Bucket List (1) Busy Day (2) Calming (1) Catherine (2) Childhood (2) Chocobo (1) Christmas (4) Cleaning (2) Close Calls (1) cold (1) Comforter (1) Compensation (2) Creativity (1) Cruelty (1) Custody (1) Cute (1) death (3) Debt (2) Depression (4) Design (1) diary (1) Disability (1) Disgust (1) Disney (1) Distraction (2) Doctors (4) documentary (1) Dr Pike (1) Dreams (1) Drugs (1) DWP (1) Dye (1) Eating Patterns (1) ESA (1) Exhaustion (3) fair share (1) family (1) Films (1) Final Fantasy 7 (5) Flu (2) Fluid (1) Food (1) Friends (7) Gaming (2) Gizmo (2) glass half full (3) goodbye (1) GP (5) guidelines (1) Guiniea Pigs (6) Guitar (1) Hair (1) happiness (6) haters (1) Help (1) HND (2) home (3) home use (1) Honesty (3) Hope (4) Hospitals (8) Housework (1) Human Nature (1) Illness (5) Infection (5) inspiration (1) Instincts (1) Joke (1) JP (2) Judy (1) Labas (1) Life (2) lost cause (1) love (1) Luke (1) Lungs (3) Lush (1) Me (2) Medication (7) Memories (1) Mike (1) Mind (1) MSN (1) Music (6) My Past (1) Nathaniel (1) Nebuliser (8) Needles (1) neglect (2) Neighbor (2) new look (2) New year (1) NHS (2) Noise (5) Omen Shadow (2) One day's supply (1) Organ Donation (1) Pain (3) Patch (1) PDSA (1) Poem (1) Positivity (1) Pred (3) quotes (1) Rachael Wakefield (1) Rachy (1) Random ideas (1) Rant (1) Recovery (7) reinvention (2) Reporting (1) Routines (1) sad (1) salmonella (1) scared (1) Sean (1) Selfishness (1) Sephiroth (4) Sephy (3) Simon's Cat (1) Sims 2 (1) Sleep (6) Sorting it Out (1) Spite (1) Steve (1) Store Room (1) success (1) Support (2) Survival (4) Tattoos (1) tears (1) Technology (1) Temparature (1) Thank You (4) The Crow (1) Therapy (1) Thoughts (1) Thrash (1) Tired (1) Toys (1) Transformers (1) Transplant (1) Veins (1) Vomiting (1) warnings (1) West Midlands Ambulance Service (2) winter (1) work (1) Year (1)