For life's little ups and downs.

A rather quirky, funny and sometimes daunting look in to the life of someone who has a lot of health problems but does their best to keep positive. Punctuated by guinea pigs, anime, superheroes, transforming robots and cross stitching.

I started this blog to tell my story, about who I am and what I do. On top of the health problems and raising awareness for those, I also use my blog as a way to help promote other causes, particularly ones which affect the most vulnerable. I live with a number of different and complex health problems but I refuse to let anything get me down. I know how it feels to be discriminated against or thrown aside. This is me. This is my life. I live it and do what I want with it. Nature sets the limitations. We set the boundaries.

About Me:

A blog about life. I live with Type 1 Brittle Asthma, Bi-Polar Disorder, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder as well as Various Allergies, Neutropenia, Crohns Disease (my IBS was rediagnosed as Crohns), Osteo and Rheumatoid Arthritis, PCOS and Osteoporosis and Heredetary Spastic Paraplegia. I have recently also been diagnosed with Sleep Apnea (which makes me stop breathing in my sleep) I live with these conditions, but I refuse to let them keep me down and out. I still try and make the most of my days despite being so poorly and having to rely on my wheelchair, nebulisers, nearly 50 pills a day and 2l/min of oxygen and CPAP.

I'll flap my broken wings and erase it all someday... You'll see.

Tuesday 31 January 2012

Better Mood, Less Reclusion...

Today I have had a better day than many of the ones gone by. This is a better outcome than recently when I had nearly done some horrific things to myself and had all but given up on "normality". It's amazing how 24 hours, letting off some steam and talking to people who are supportive can really improve things and allow one to get some much needed sleep and wake up at a reasonable time feeling fresh and relaxed, ready for another day of trying to not scratch at the rash on the back of my neck again.

I don't know where the origins of this rash came from. It started happening when I was about 15 or 16 years old. First time it happened, I was at a friends and I couldn't stop scratching my hands and had even made some of the sores bleed and weep. By the time I had gotten home, the strange rash had gone from my hand and was now under my chin. When I woke up the next morning the rash had gone... Until later on when it reappeared at school on my hands, arms and (after I had touched it as an experiment) my stomach. It was so surreal and we were all wondering what on earth it was, at "Homework Club" (Where we used to stay an hour and use the internet) me and my friend scoured the internet looking for some kind of answer. We had absolutely no idea! By the next morning, my mum was worried so she ran me to the Doctor's and we found out that it was known as "nettle rash" or hives.

There is a kind of Hives that happens when your body develops a viral infection and instead of attacking the virus, your body decides it's a wise idea to attack itself instead. By this point I was really confused but didn't feel well enough to ask for a better explanation until I was much older and after it had happened a number of other times and became a fail-safe indicator as to whether or not I was coming down with something.

Coming down with something is probably another reason why I have been feeling a bit down and not particularly happy about things. Getting some important changes to things like my diet and other things has been so helpful and I have been able to work out my lethargy and apathy, or my hyperactivity, it was all traced down to the same thing actually. The 89p energy drink from the local shop. Theres something in that, but not in Relentless, that has a bad reaction. Doing my research I found that this was due to the fact that everything it contains is synthetic. So yeah, I'm leaving that shit alone from now on!

Loves
Wendy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I will review it as soon as possible!

Labels

ABG (2) acceptance (5) Adventures (1) Alphonse (2) Ambulances (5) Amusement (1) Angry (3) Animals (2) Another Day In Midgar (2) Appointment (1) Art (4) Asthma (22) Asthma Attack (12) Asthma UK (2) Awareness (2) Bad Attitudes (1) Bass (1) Benefits (3) Birthdays (3) Blogs (2) Blood Pressure (1) Books (1) Bucket List (1) Busy Day (2) Calming (1) Catherine (2) Childhood (2) Chocobo (1) Christmas (4) Cleaning (2) Close Calls (1) cold (1) Comforter (1) Compensation (2) Creativity (1) Cruelty (1) Custody (1) Cute (1) death (3) Debt (2) Depression (4) Design (1) diary (1) Disability (1) Disgust (1) Disney (1) Distraction (2) Doctors (4) documentary (1) Dr Pike (1) Dreams (1) Drugs (1) DWP (1) Dye (1) Eating Patterns (1) ESA (1) Exhaustion (3) fair share (1) family (1) Films (1) Final Fantasy 7 (5) Flu (2) Fluid (1) Food (1) Friends (7) Gaming (2) Gizmo (2) glass half full (3) goodbye (1) GP (5) guidelines (1) Guiniea Pigs (6) Guitar (1) Hair (1) happiness (6) haters (1) Help (1) HND (2) home (3) home use (1) Honesty (3) Hope (4) Hospitals (8) Housework (1) Human Nature (1) Illness (5) Infection (5) inspiration (1) Instincts (1) Joke (1) JP (2) Judy (1) Labas (1) Life (2) lost cause (1) love (1) Luke (1) Lungs (3) Lush (1) Me (2) Medication (7) Memories (1) Mike (1) Mind (1) MSN (1) Music (6) My Past (1) Nathaniel (1) Nebuliser (8) Needles (1) neglect (2) Neighbor (2) new look (2) New year (1) NHS (2) Noise (5) Omen Shadow (2) One day's supply (1) Organ Donation (1) Pain (3) Patch (1) PDSA (1) Poem (1) Positivity (1) Pred (3) quotes (1) Rachael Wakefield (1) Rachy (1) Random ideas (1) Rant (1) Recovery (7) reinvention (2) Reporting (1) Routines (1) sad (1) salmonella (1) scared (1) Sean (1) Selfishness (1) Sephiroth (4) Sephy (3) Simon's Cat (1) Sims 2 (1) Sleep (6) Sorting it Out (1) Spite (1) Steve (1) Store Room (1) success (1) Support (2) Survival (4) Tattoos (1) tears (1) Technology (1) Temparature (1) Thank You (4) The Crow (1) Therapy (1) Thoughts (1) Thrash (1) Tired (1) Toys (1) Transformers (1) Transplant (1) Veins (1) Vomiting (1) warnings (1) West Midlands Ambulance Service (2) winter (1) work (1) Year (1)