For life's little ups and downs.

A rather quirky, funny and sometimes daunting look in to the life of someone who has a lot of health problems but does their best to keep positive. Punctuated by guinea pigs, anime, superheroes, transforming robots and cross stitching.

I started this blog to tell my story, about who I am and what I do. On top of the health problems and raising awareness for those, I also use my blog as a way to help promote other causes, particularly ones which affect the most vulnerable. I live with a number of different and complex health problems but I refuse to let anything get me down. I know how it feels to be discriminated against or thrown aside. This is me. This is my life. I live it and do what I want with it. Nature sets the limitations. We set the boundaries.

About Me:

A blog about life. I live with Type 1 Brittle Asthma, Bi-Polar Disorder, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder as well as Various Allergies, Neutropenia, Crohns Disease (my IBS was rediagnosed as Crohns), Osteo and Rheumatoid Arthritis, PCOS and Osteoporosis and Heredetary Spastic Paraplegia. I have recently also been diagnosed with Sleep Apnea (which makes me stop breathing in my sleep) I live with these conditions, but I refuse to let them keep me down and out. I still try and make the most of my days despite being so poorly and having to rely on my wheelchair, nebulisers, nearly 50 pills a day and 2l/min of oxygen and CPAP.

I'll flap my broken wings and erase it all someday... You'll see.

Wednesday 4 January 2012

Happy Wendy Is...

Happy! Just spent a WHOLE week with Bex. It was freaking awesome even if we stayed in eating junk food all day (and I don't seem to gain a pound, probably all the crazy dancing and the fact that I am completely hyperactive at the best of times). Since getting myself a new camera (a rather sexy one at that) I've been taking so many photos of my antics and the things I get up to because its been so funny. The one with the Kunai in my mouth has to be one of my favourite shots as of late. That came about when I was just bouncing around the flat in one of my hyper moods and then I saw my Kunai model sat on the bookcase, I couldn't resist grabbing my "Anti Konoha" headband and my "Akatsuki" cosplay cloak and throwing the shot together. It was one of those "Spurr of the moment" kind of things and it ended up being such a cute picture. And for the record the Kunai knife is a PLASTIC prop and it didn't taste that good!

I really have been getting in to my cosplay and my art just lately and it's been so cathartic to just lose myself in a drawing for hours at a time. My bubble is such a calm and beautiful place and the home I have is so reflective of that. It keeps me inspired and in those moments of weakness, I can laugh and feel better about the situation or as my nan would say "make the best of a bad job". In all honesty though, I have set myself up (with so much help from Penny and Tom, to whom I am always grateful to) with a comfortable and relaxed way of life. I do admittedly live like a student, but I am going back to being one over the next few years.

A life without regrets. This is so important to me, now so more than before. Since Rachy died and nearly losing Penny over Christmas and now hearing about Andrea as well, I am reminded of how fragile life is and how important it is to live, laugh, love and remember to breathe. Smile happily and let the world see that you are not weakened by others. Don't let your self-esteem come from other people but draw it from yourself and everything that is YOU. Be an individual because thats what makes you shine. Even if theres something you hate about yourself, chances are that there is someone out there who will love you so much that little thing may not even matter.

There was a lot about myself that I hated. I was fat. I was depressed and I was sick. But being around Becky has shown me that even in the bad times you can still laugh about something. OK so we laughed after I'd had an Asthma Attack on the toilet, but it was funny because of the randomness then we ended up bouncing around for ages playing "Hide and Seek" with the plushies, then watching Tactics for ages. I've watched all my Naruto Shippuden DVDs and now have to wait till the end of February for the next box set to be released. But that will be anticipated happily and then watched to death like the others!!

Loves
Wendy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I will review it as soon as possible!

Labels

ABG (2) acceptance (5) Adventures (1) Alphonse (2) Ambulances (5) Amusement (1) Angry (3) Animals (2) Another Day In Midgar (2) Appointment (1) Art (4) Asthma (22) Asthma Attack (12) Asthma UK (2) Awareness (2) Bad Attitudes (1) Bass (1) Benefits (3) Birthdays (3) Blogs (2) Blood Pressure (1) Books (1) Bucket List (1) Busy Day (2) Calming (1) Catherine (2) Childhood (2) Chocobo (1) Christmas (4) Cleaning (2) Close Calls (1) cold (1) Comforter (1) Compensation (2) Creativity (1) Cruelty (1) Custody (1) Cute (1) death (3) Debt (2) Depression (4) Design (1) diary (1) Disability (1) Disgust (1) Disney (1) Distraction (2) Doctors (4) documentary (1) Dr Pike (1) Dreams (1) Drugs (1) DWP (1) Dye (1) Eating Patterns (1) ESA (1) Exhaustion (3) fair share (1) family (1) Films (1) Final Fantasy 7 (5) Flu (2) Fluid (1) Food (1) Friends (7) Gaming (2) Gizmo (2) glass half full (3) goodbye (1) GP (5) guidelines (1) Guiniea Pigs (6) Guitar (1) Hair (1) happiness (6) haters (1) Help (1) HND (2) home (3) home use (1) Honesty (3) Hope (4) Hospitals (8) Housework (1) Human Nature (1) Illness (5) Infection (5) inspiration (1) Instincts (1) Joke (1) JP (2) Judy (1) Labas (1) Life (2) lost cause (1) love (1) Luke (1) Lungs (3) Lush (1) Me (2) Medication (7) Memories (1) Mike (1) Mind (1) MSN (1) Music (6) My Past (1) Nathaniel (1) Nebuliser (8) Needles (1) neglect (2) Neighbor (2) new look (2) New year (1) NHS (2) Noise (5) Omen Shadow (2) One day's supply (1) Organ Donation (1) Pain (3) Patch (1) PDSA (1) Poem (1) Positivity (1) Pred (3) quotes (1) Rachael Wakefield (1) Rachy (1) Random ideas (1) Rant (1) Recovery (7) reinvention (2) Reporting (1) Routines (1) sad (1) salmonella (1) scared (1) Sean (1) Selfishness (1) Sephiroth (4) Sephy (3) Simon's Cat (1) Sims 2 (1) Sleep (6) Sorting it Out (1) Spite (1) Steve (1) Store Room (1) success (1) Support (2) Survival (4) Tattoos (1) tears (1) Technology (1) Temparature (1) Thank You (4) The Crow (1) Therapy (1) Thoughts (1) Thrash (1) Tired (1) Toys (1) Transformers (1) Transplant (1) Veins (1) Vomiting (1) warnings (1) West Midlands Ambulance Service (2) winter (1) work (1) Year (1)