For life's little ups and downs.

A rather quirky, funny and sometimes daunting look in to the life of someone who has a lot of health problems but does their best to keep positive. Punctuated by guinea pigs, anime, superheroes, transforming robots and cross stitching.

I started this blog to tell my story, about who I am and what I do. On top of the health problems and raising awareness for those, I also use my blog as a way to help promote other causes, particularly ones which affect the most vulnerable. I live with a number of different and complex health problems but I refuse to let anything get me down. I know how it feels to be discriminated against or thrown aside. This is me. This is my life. I live it and do what I want with it. Nature sets the limitations. We set the boundaries.

About Me:

A blog about life. I live with Type 1 Brittle Asthma, Bi-Polar Disorder, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder as well as Various Allergies, Neutropenia, Crohns Disease (my IBS was rediagnosed as Crohns), Osteo and Rheumatoid Arthritis, PCOS and Osteoporosis and Heredetary Spastic Paraplegia. I have recently also been diagnosed with Sleep Apnea (which makes me stop breathing in my sleep) I live with these conditions, but I refuse to let them keep me down and out. I still try and make the most of my days despite being so poorly and having to rely on my wheelchair, nebulisers, nearly 50 pills a day and 2l/min of oxygen and CPAP.

I'll flap my broken wings and erase it all someday... You'll see.

Thursday 11 August 2011

The Recent Rioting...

Not to jump on the bandwagon or stick my nose in where its not really wanted, but I guess I wanted to speak my mind a little about the recent rioting in London, Manchester and Birmingham. OK so the London riots were a result of an innocent man being killed in some rather uncertain circumstances and I can understand the anger that the people feel. What I don't understand is why people in other parts of the country feel it is right or even appropriate and justified to cause unrest in what is being told to be "Copy- Cat" rioting.

In Birmingham, which is a 30 minute train ride from here, the cause of the rioting was stated as poverty. Now call me daft, but I honestly thought that "Poverty" in a community meant that the local people have very little and are just surviving on the "breadline" and that they can only afford very simple ways of life. Now I bring this up because these "Impoverished" people are causing riots and spreading the word with their £300 + mobile phone and or their Blackberry, while wearing the latest designer sports gear which in itself some pieces cost up to and over £100 each. Not what you would expect from people who clam to be "barely getting by."

I believe that this current situation has been caused by an upsurge of greed. I abhor those who act on greed as their main reason to attack society or other people. It is an unworthy cause for anyone to pursue. The Buddhist teachings are that wanting and desire will only create suffering. Whether that is the suffering of the people who have been hurt or the suffering of society who inevitably have to pick up the pieces after a group of ignorant and greedy people destroy the local area and local community. I guess it isn't just the material that is being destroyed, it is the lives of those who own the shops, the people in the community who don't join in with such vulgar practices and the families of the rioters who have to deal with watching their loved one being severely punished by the legal system because of what they have done.

It is safe to say that all of this that has happened has really benefited nobody. It hasn't brought back the person who sadly lost his life and it hasn't made the blindest bit of difference to the legal system who they are protesting against or tearing down the wall of poverty that does effect a lot of people in the inner city areas. But I notice that none of them bought in to any of this in the first place.

For myself, the riots have been a cause of distress as I have been worried about my friends, family and of course even the safety of my animals and my home. Luckily though everyone and everything I hold dear and the way of life which is what I have come to know has managed to continue to be preserved and no-one close to me has come to any harm.

Loves
Wendy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I will review it as soon as possible!

Labels

ABG (2) acceptance (5) Adventures (1) Alphonse (2) Ambulances (5) Amusement (1) Angry (3) Animals (2) Another Day In Midgar (2) Appointment (1) Art (4) Asthma (22) Asthma Attack (12) Asthma UK (2) Awareness (2) Bad Attitudes (1) Bass (1) Benefits (3) Birthdays (3) Blogs (2) Blood Pressure (1) Books (1) Bucket List (1) Busy Day (2) Calming (1) Catherine (2) Childhood (2) Chocobo (1) Christmas (4) Cleaning (2) Close Calls (1) cold (1) Comforter (1) Compensation (2) Creativity (1) Cruelty (1) Custody (1) Cute (1) death (3) Debt (2) Depression (4) Design (1) diary (1) Disability (1) Disgust (1) Disney (1) Distraction (2) Doctors (4) documentary (1) Dr Pike (1) Dreams (1) Drugs (1) DWP (1) Dye (1) Eating Patterns (1) ESA (1) Exhaustion (3) fair share (1) family (1) Films (1) Final Fantasy 7 (5) Flu (2) Fluid (1) Food (1) Friends (7) Gaming (2) Gizmo (2) glass half full (3) goodbye (1) GP (5) guidelines (1) Guiniea Pigs (6) Guitar (1) Hair (1) happiness (6) haters (1) Help (1) HND (2) home (3) home use (1) Honesty (3) Hope (4) Hospitals (8) Housework (1) Human Nature (1) Illness (5) Infection (5) inspiration (1) Instincts (1) Joke (1) JP (2) Judy (1) Labas (1) Life (2) lost cause (1) love (1) Luke (1) Lungs (3) Lush (1) Me (2) Medication (7) Memories (1) Mike (1) Mind (1) MSN (1) Music (6) My Past (1) Nathaniel (1) Nebuliser (8) Needles (1) neglect (2) Neighbor (2) new look (2) New year (1) NHS (2) Noise (5) Omen Shadow (2) One day's supply (1) Organ Donation (1) Pain (3) Patch (1) PDSA (1) Poem (1) Positivity (1) Pred (3) quotes (1) Rachael Wakefield (1) Rachy (1) Random ideas (1) Rant (1) Recovery (7) reinvention (2) Reporting (1) Routines (1) sad (1) salmonella (1) scared (1) Sean (1) Selfishness (1) Sephiroth (4) Sephy (3) Simon's Cat (1) Sims 2 (1) Sleep (6) Sorting it Out (1) Spite (1) Steve (1) Store Room (1) success (1) Support (2) Survival (4) Tattoos (1) tears (1) Technology (1) Temparature (1) Thank You (4) The Crow (1) Therapy (1) Thoughts (1) Thrash (1) Tired (1) Toys (1) Transformers (1) Transplant (1) Veins (1) Vomiting (1) warnings (1) West Midlands Ambulance Service (2) winter (1) work (1) Year (1)