For life's little ups and downs.

A rather quirky, funny and sometimes daunting look in to the life of someone who has a lot of health problems but does their best to keep positive. Punctuated by guinea pigs, anime, superheroes, transforming robots and cross stitching.

I started this blog to tell my story, about who I am and what I do. On top of the health problems and raising awareness for those, I also use my blog as a way to help promote other causes, particularly ones which affect the most vulnerable. I live with a number of different and complex health problems but I refuse to let anything get me down. I know how it feels to be discriminated against or thrown aside. This is me. This is my life. I live it and do what I want with it. Nature sets the limitations. We set the boundaries.

About Me:

A blog about life. I live with Type 1 Brittle Asthma, Bi-Polar Disorder, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder as well as Various Allergies, Neutropenia, Crohns Disease (my IBS was rediagnosed as Crohns), Osteo and Rheumatoid Arthritis, PCOS and Osteoporosis and Heredetary Spastic Paraplegia. I have recently also been diagnosed with Sleep Apnea (which makes me stop breathing in my sleep) I live with these conditions, but I refuse to let them keep me down and out. I still try and make the most of my days despite being so poorly and having to rely on my wheelchair, nebulisers, nearly 50 pills a day and 2l/min of oxygen and CPAP.

I'll flap my broken wings and erase it all someday... You'll see.

Saturday 6 August 2011

Cutting The Cord...

I had wanted to replace my old phone for a while. I loved it but my old Tocco had long since stopped working properly (probably the result of frenzied throwing it at someone who had really REALLY annoyed me, but that's not the point), Yesterday we took yet another step towards my independence from my last relationship. A new phone and of course a new number. It felt like the right time to replace it now.

My new phone is a rather nice Sony Ericsson Xperia. And unlike most new mobile phones I have had, I haven't had the usual amount of teething problems I used to have. Even when I changed from one Samsung to another there was an element of uncertainty and having to get used to it. Even getting used to that particular touch screen was awkward at first. It used to have a quirk, I would try touching it a few times, heck there were times I was nearly smacking the thing to get it to work properly.

But it was an early smart phone to give it it's due. Although "Smart" was pushing it really. It wasn't very smart at times, but I was able to use Facebook or Twitter so I guess that was something.

Now comes the next few weeks and maybe even another step towards getting my life and independence back. I feel like I am coming out of a box, after years of being held in there with something tied around my waist to stop me from running away, or trying to fight back, as my circumstances felt as though they were closing around me. I felt lost and I was in some ways afraid, the light outside my box hurt my eyes and burned my skin (it took me a while before I was comfortable outside on my own again) and I was afraid of everyone and everything. I became known as "that nervous girl" or "the girl with the scars" by people outside of the house and that made me feel worse about myself.

Soon I was able to make myself go outside, to that scary place that was full of those scary creatures and I was feeling alone and scared. I became this timid and nervous recluse. I know, the girl who was ALWAYS going out and getting ever so delightfully sloshed and having just an awesome time while I'm at it. I wound up trapped and unable to escape, from the way I felt or the person who was making me feel the worst I ever could about pretty much ANYTHING and guilty about things that were so far out of my control. I was hurting from loss, I was hurting from being lonely and I felt trapped or that the only person I could trust was the one that was hurting me the most. I am not saying any of this to be bitchy or dig up anything. To be honest, there is nothing to gain by pestering the ghosts of my past and with hope soon they will die away in to the background and I will no longer feel haunted or followed by any part of the past. I only say what I am saying as a comparrisson to how far I have come, in myself.

Its nice, its been nearly 3 months since my last hospital admission and I haven't missed it at all. I like that now I can manage my asthma with the use of just my nebs and any extra steroids when I need them. OK so I do need to use my nebuliser once or twice a day, but thats better than what it used to be, I was using my neb every few hours just to be able to cope with my breathing for just a little longer. That was my daily life back then. Now its amazing, I can kind of have my life back, and I am grateful for it every day.

I would say now to anyone else who was in a similar situation to me:
Get out! That person isn't the one you need. You need to escape and you need to be the strong person you are to build yourself back up and get your life back. No escape is impossible, but yes it can be hard, yes it can hurt and be a long way up to where you used to be.

Loves
Wendy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I will review it as soon as possible!

Labels

ABG (2) acceptance (5) Adventures (1) Alphonse (2) Ambulances (5) Amusement (1) Angry (3) Animals (2) Another Day In Midgar (2) Appointment (1) Art (4) Asthma (22) Asthma Attack (12) Asthma UK (2) Awareness (2) Bad Attitudes (1) Bass (1) Benefits (3) Birthdays (3) Blogs (2) Blood Pressure (1) Books (1) Bucket List (1) Busy Day (2) Calming (1) Catherine (2) Childhood (2) Chocobo (1) Christmas (4) Cleaning (2) Close Calls (1) cold (1) Comforter (1) Compensation (2) Creativity (1) Cruelty (1) Custody (1) Cute (1) death (3) Debt (2) Depression (4) Design (1) diary (1) Disability (1) Disgust (1) Disney (1) Distraction (2) Doctors (4) documentary (1) Dr Pike (1) Dreams (1) Drugs (1) DWP (1) Dye (1) Eating Patterns (1) ESA (1) Exhaustion (3) fair share (1) family (1) Films (1) Final Fantasy 7 (5) Flu (2) Fluid (1) Food (1) Friends (7) Gaming (2) Gizmo (2) glass half full (3) goodbye (1) GP (5) guidelines (1) Guiniea Pigs (6) Guitar (1) Hair (1) happiness (6) haters (1) Help (1) HND (2) home (3) home use (1) Honesty (3) Hope (4) Hospitals (8) Housework (1) Human Nature (1) Illness (5) Infection (5) inspiration (1) Instincts (1) Joke (1) JP (2) Judy (1) Labas (1) Life (2) lost cause (1) love (1) Luke (1) Lungs (3) Lush (1) Me (2) Medication (7) Memories (1) Mike (1) Mind (1) MSN (1) Music (6) My Past (1) Nathaniel (1) Nebuliser (8) Needles (1) neglect (2) Neighbor (2) new look (2) New year (1) NHS (2) Noise (5) Omen Shadow (2) One day's supply (1) Organ Donation (1) Pain (3) Patch (1) PDSA (1) Poem (1) Positivity (1) Pred (3) quotes (1) Rachael Wakefield (1) Rachy (1) Random ideas (1) Rant (1) Recovery (7) reinvention (2) Reporting (1) Routines (1) sad (1) salmonella (1) scared (1) Sean (1) Selfishness (1) Sephiroth (4) Sephy (3) Simon's Cat (1) Sims 2 (1) Sleep (6) Sorting it Out (1) Spite (1) Steve (1) Store Room (1) success (1) Support (2) Survival (4) Tattoos (1) tears (1) Technology (1) Temparature (1) Thank You (4) The Crow (1) Therapy (1) Thoughts (1) Thrash (1) Tired (1) Toys (1) Transformers (1) Transplant (1) Veins (1) Vomiting (1) warnings (1) West Midlands Ambulance Service (2) winter (1) work (1) Year (1)