For life's little ups and downs.

A rather quirky, funny and sometimes daunting look in to the life of someone who has a lot of health problems but does their best to keep positive. Punctuated by guinea pigs, anime, superheroes, transforming robots and cross stitching.

I started this blog to tell my story, about who I am and what I do. On top of the health problems and raising awareness for those, I also use my blog as a way to help promote other causes, particularly ones which affect the most vulnerable. I live with a number of different and complex health problems but I refuse to let anything get me down. I know how it feels to be discriminated against or thrown aside. This is me. This is my life. I live it and do what I want with it. Nature sets the limitations. We set the boundaries.

About Me:

A blog about life. I live with Type 1 Brittle Asthma, Bi-Polar Disorder, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder as well as Various Allergies, Neutropenia, Crohns Disease (my IBS was rediagnosed as Crohns), Osteo and Rheumatoid Arthritis, PCOS and Osteoporosis and Heredetary Spastic Paraplegia. I have recently also been diagnosed with Sleep Apnea (which makes me stop breathing in my sleep) I live with these conditions, but I refuse to let them keep me down and out. I still try and make the most of my days despite being so poorly and having to rely on my wheelchair, nebulisers, nearly 50 pills a day and 2l/min of oxygen and CPAP.

I'll flap my broken wings and erase it all someday... You'll see.

Tuesday 16 August 2011

Prednisolone Blues...

It hasn't been the most inspiring beginning to the week, following last Friday, although the weekend itself was wonderful and I really enjoyed myself, and the fact that I am still suffering. Horribly. From the exhaustion, the infection, prednisolone downers and just generally not feeling as well as I would have liked to have been about now. With the loss of Yoda on Sunday, it was still kind of hitting home and it all just seems to have come at a time when I was really hopeless when it came to coping. Had it not been for Tom supporting me and taking care of me, I would have never gotten through it.

But yeah, I guess these things happen and I need to concentrate on the more important things, like how my relationship is just going from strength to strength. We have been together for almost 3 months and its been fantastic. We're taking it nice and slow and it seems to be working much better than my usual approach in taking things too quickly. I have matured over the last year or so in such a way that I think I have learned to build and maintain much healthier relationships, rather than ones where the people in them are more interested in validating themselves and bringing me down to their level. I am better than the people who have hurt me in the past and anyone who wants to screw me over in the future.

I feel much stronger as a person, but there are times when people tell me that I am strong and then I am left not knowing what to say.  It isn't that it annoys me or that I am being bigheaded, I just wonder what is so strong about me, I deal with what I have because in all honesty, what choice is there? I mean, when it comes to asthma, I haven't really known anything different as I had it when I was small. OK so it wasn't what I have now, but that was down to a lot of poor choices and bad decisions on a lot of people's parts and for that reason, I just accept it and carry on. No point in lamenting over what happened and what could have been. Thinking about what is, instead of what if. What if will drive everyone up the wall and constantly rehashing the same things and tired stories and grievances will only leave you feeling alienated, because in all honestly who would want to talk to someone whose head is in the past?

It is called the past for a reason and I for one am getting sick of the past being all people can talk about. I can be the worst for it and I know this and it is why I have decided to address this problem, admit my faults and actually move on and learn. Oscar Wilde said it best "Experience is the name we give to our mistakes" and it is so so true. But what makes a mistake worse is if it is rehashed over and over again. I walked away from a lot of people because they were destroying me. But the thing was, they only did it because I let them and the fact that I don't let anyone do that anymore is a testament as to how far I have come in such a small space of time.

I now stand before myself and hold my head high. I stand before you today and I take my freedom and I refuse to let myself get to that low. I will take the lows better than I had been and I will not run and hide just because its easier than facing whats out there.

Loves
Wendy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I will review it as soon as possible!

Labels

ABG (2) acceptance (5) Adventures (1) Alphonse (2) Ambulances (5) Amusement (1) Angry (3) Animals (2) Another Day In Midgar (2) Appointment (1) Art (4) Asthma (22) Asthma Attack (12) Asthma UK (2) Awareness (2) Bad Attitudes (1) Bass (1) Benefits (3) Birthdays (3) Blogs (2) Blood Pressure (1) Books (1) Bucket List (1) Busy Day (2) Calming (1) Catherine (2) Childhood (2) Chocobo (1) Christmas (4) Cleaning (2) Close Calls (1) cold (1) Comforter (1) Compensation (2) Creativity (1) Cruelty (1) Custody (1) Cute (1) death (3) Debt (2) Depression (4) Design (1) diary (1) Disability (1) Disgust (1) Disney (1) Distraction (2) Doctors (4) documentary (1) Dr Pike (1) Dreams (1) Drugs (1) DWP (1) Dye (1) Eating Patterns (1) ESA (1) Exhaustion (3) fair share (1) family (1) Films (1) Final Fantasy 7 (5) Flu (2) Fluid (1) Food (1) Friends (7) Gaming (2) Gizmo (2) glass half full (3) goodbye (1) GP (5) guidelines (1) Guiniea Pigs (6) Guitar (1) Hair (1) happiness (6) haters (1) Help (1) HND (2) home (3) home use (1) Honesty (3) Hope (4) Hospitals (8) Housework (1) Human Nature (1) Illness (5) Infection (5) inspiration (1) Instincts (1) Joke (1) JP (2) Judy (1) Labas (1) Life (2) lost cause (1) love (1) Luke (1) Lungs (3) Lush (1) Me (2) Medication (7) Memories (1) Mike (1) Mind (1) MSN (1) Music (6) My Past (1) Nathaniel (1) Nebuliser (8) Needles (1) neglect (2) Neighbor (2) new look (2) New year (1) NHS (2) Noise (5) Omen Shadow (2) One day's supply (1) Organ Donation (1) Pain (3) Patch (1) PDSA (1) Poem (1) Positivity (1) Pred (3) quotes (1) Rachael Wakefield (1) Rachy (1) Random ideas (1) Rant (1) Recovery (7) reinvention (2) Reporting (1) Routines (1) sad (1) salmonella (1) scared (1) Sean (1) Selfishness (1) Sephiroth (4) Sephy (3) Simon's Cat (1) Sims 2 (1) Sleep (6) Sorting it Out (1) Spite (1) Steve (1) Store Room (1) success (1) Support (2) Survival (4) Tattoos (1) tears (1) Technology (1) Temparature (1) Thank You (4) The Crow (1) Therapy (1) Thoughts (1) Thrash (1) Tired (1) Toys (1) Transformers (1) Transplant (1) Veins (1) Vomiting (1) warnings (1) West Midlands Ambulance Service (2) winter (1) work (1) Year (1)