For life's little ups and downs.

A rather quirky, funny and sometimes daunting look in to the life of someone who has a lot of health problems but does their best to keep positive. Punctuated by guinea pigs, anime, superheroes, transforming robots and cross stitching.

I started this blog to tell my story, about who I am and what I do. On top of the health problems and raising awareness for those, I also use my blog as a way to help promote other causes, particularly ones which affect the most vulnerable. I live with a number of different and complex health problems but I refuse to let anything get me down. I know how it feels to be discriminated against or thrown aside. This is me. This is my life. I live it and do what I want with it. Nature sets the limitations. We set the boundaries.

About Me:

A blog about life. I live with Type 1 Brittle Asthma, Bi-Polar Disorder, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder as well as Various Allergies, Neutropenia, Crohns Disease (my IBS was rediagnosed as Crohns), Osteo and Rheumatoid Arthritis, PCOS and Osteoporosis and Heredetary Spastic Paraplegia. I have recently also been diagnosed with Sleep Apnea (which makes me stop breathing in my sleep) I live with these conditions, but I refuse to let them keep me down and out. I still try and make the most of my days despite being so poorly and having to rely on my wheelchair, nebulisers, nearly 50 pills a day and 2l/min of oxygen and CPAP.

I'll flap my broken wings and erase it all someday... You'll see.

Monday 4 April 2011

Moved Home...


I know I have been away for a few days, but for once that wasn't because of my health. We were moving from Knowle Close, to Stanley Close.

OK so moving hasn’t been the easiest of processes, even though I have done it now about 3 times in the last 3 years, twice with Steve. Things are really beginning to take shape and the place is really starting to resemble a home rather than a building site. Today we went to Wilko and got EVERYTHING we could think that we would need from curtain track loops to borders for the walls, a frame for my Advent Children poster and various other things that are really about to turn this place in to OUR home. OUR sanctuary and OUR haven.
I am still having my clumsy moments admittedly. This morning, I went to sit on a plastic storage crate. Up turned they can take my weight and have proven to be rather comfortable seating, but this time, I heard this ear-splitting CRUNCH and found myself crushed in to this crate! Of course I was laughing my head off at this, but it taught me a lesson. DON’T SIT ON THE LID OF A CRATE!! Luckily no one was hurt and nothing other than the lid to this crate was broken. 

I brought some wall shelves today. Instead of taking up an ENTIRE bookcase with my FF7 toy collection, I decided that it would be a lot more effective and a much better idea if I used some shelves and that way, I could display them to their best effect, admittedly probably without the fairy lights, unless of course I work out a way of doing it, although I did have an idea with the lights and the bed, but more on that later.

I have managed to source a sofa from a gentleman named Clive via Freegle. Which is a neutral cream colour, perfect for our neutral magnolia living room which will have a red and cream border, looking rather stylish if I do say so myself. The bedroom is a lovely China blue colour, very healing and very calming, perfect for us. I found a pretty blue and silver border for that and a yellowy- cream border for the hallway. It is mostly calm, pastel colours, but to be honest, in this kind of place, the last thing you want is to go mental and use colours that are in your face. That just looks tacky and wrong. I want a calming and soothing effect in here, neutral woods, silver metals, modern and stylish, yet with a hint of our personalities coming through.

1st April.

Today, I spent mostly asleep, it has to be said. I was absolutely exhausted by morning and when it came to going to get some more work done, I just couldn’t move, my head hurt too much and my ability to move was nil. So I slept until about 3, after lunch and a Duo-decim session. Yes... Its out finally and I have it and it is BRILLIANT!! You get to play as my favourite Final Fantasy girls, Yuna, Tifa and the spirited Lightning.
When I did finally get there, I was occupied with the rather interesting (and I mean that in many different contexts, task of putting up the 4 wooden shelves that I had brought for my Final Fantasy collection. This wasn’t the most simple of feats. Considering that in my 23 years of life, I have never EVER used an electric drill before. So it was a rapid learning curve. Funnily enough, I managed to fit the shelves with only a couple of problems, but it came together quite quick so I was, and still am very pleased with myself. The flooring in the bedroom is starting to take shape and it looks fab!
My OCD finally worked in my favour as well as I managed to put up 4 shelves, level and without any help or tools. Now for a first timer, I can honestly say, I didn’t do badly, but I am my Dad’s daughter and I have inherited his ability in D.I.Y, but without his half hearted attitude. Or the gratuitous use of silicone or filler... I swear number 1 Cull Avenue was held together with a mix of superglue, silicone sealant and polyfiller. Living there, you definitely develop a knowledge of tools and D.I.Y. Admittedly they had to ban me from raiding the tool box as I would just take everything apart given half a chance! I never did grow out of that.

2nd April.

I woke up quite early and had that feeling of excitement as I helped Steve finish depersonalising the old flat, before moving over to the new one. It was the first night we stayed here.

TODAY:

Today we had the boiler and the internet sorted out so everything is now up and running and we are settling in to our new and awesome new flat.

Loves
Wendy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I will review it as soon as possible!

Labels

ABG (2) acceptance (5) Adventures (1) Alphonse (2) Ambulances (5) Amusement (1) Angry (3) Animals (2) Another Day In Midgar (2) Appointment (1) Art (4) Asthma (22) Asthma Attack (12) Asthma UK (2) Awareness (2) Bad Attitudes (1) Bass (1) Benefits (3) Birthdays (3) Blogs (2) Blood Pressure (1) Books (1) Bucket List (1) Busy Day (2) Calming (1) Catherine (2) Childhood (2) Chocobo (1) Christmas (4) Cleaning (2) Close Calls (1) cold (1) Comforter (1) Compensation (2) Creativity (1) Cruelty (1) Custody (1) Cute (1) death (3) Debt (2) Depression (4) Design (1) diary (1) Disability (1) Disgust (1) Disney (1) Distraction (2) Doctors (4) documentary (1) Dr Pike (1) Dreams (1) Drugs (1) DWP (1) Dye (1) Eating Patterns (1) ESA (1) Exhaustion (3) fair share (1) family (1) Films (1) Final Fantasy 7 (5) Flu (2) Fluid (1) Food (1) Friends (7) Gaming (2) Gizmo (2) glass half full (3) goodbye (1) GP (5) guidelines (1) Guiniea Pigs (6) Guitar (1) Hair (1) happiness (6) haters (1) Help (1) HND (2) home (3) home use (1) Honesty (3) Hope (4) Hospitals (8) Housework (1) Human Nature (1) Illness (5) Infection (5) inspiration (1) Instincts (1) Joke (1) JP (2) Judy (1) Labas (1) Life (2) lost cause (1) love (1) Luke (1) Lungs (3) Lush (1) Me (2) Medication (7) Memories (1) Mike (1) Mind (1) MSN (1) Music (6) My Past (1) Nathaniel (1) Nebuliser (8) Needles (1) neglect (2) Neighbor (2) new look (2) New year (1) NHS (2) Noise (5) Omen Shadow (2) One day's supply (1) Organ Donation (1) Pain (3) Patch (1) PDSA (1) Poem (1) Positivity (1) Pred (3) quotes (1) Rachael Wakefield (1) Rachy (1) Random ideas (1) Rant (1) Recovery (7) reinvention (2) Reporting (1) Routines (1) sad (1) salmonella (1) scared (1) Sean (1) Selfishness (1) Sephiroth (4) Sephy (3) Simon's Cat (1) Sims 2 (1) Sleep (6) Sorting it Out (1) Spite (1) Steve (1) Store Room (1) success (1) Support (2) Survival (4) Tattoos (1) tears (1) Technology (1) Temparature (1) Thank You (4) The Crow (1) Therapy (1) Thoughts (1) Thrash (1) Tired (1) Toys (1) Transformers (1) Transplant (1) Veins (1) Vomiting (1) warnings (1) West Midlands Ambulance Service (2) winter (1) work (1) Year (1)