For life's little ups and downs.

A rather quirky, funny and sometimes daunting look in to the life of someone who has a lot of health problems but does their best to keep positive. Punctuated by guinea pigs, anime, superheroes, transforming robots and cross stitching.

I started this blog to tell my story, about who I am and what I do. On top of the health problems and raising awareness for those, I also use my blog as a way to help promote other causes, particularly ones which affect the most vulnerable. I live with a number of different and complex health problems but I refuse to let anything get me down. I know how it feels to be discriminated against or thrown aside. This is me. This is my life. I live it and do what I want with it. Nature sets the limitations. We set the boundaries.

About Me:

A blog about life. I live with Type 1 Brittle Asthma, Bi-Polar Disorder, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder as well as Various Allergies, Neutropenia, Crohns Disease (my IBS was rediagnosed as Crohns), Osteo and Rheumatoid Arthritis, PCOS and Osteoporosis and Heredetary Spastic Paraplegia. I have recently also been diagnosed with Sleep Apnea (which makes me stop breathing in my sleep) I live with these conditions, but I refuse to let them keep me down and out. I still try and make the most of my days despite being so poorly and having to rely on my wheelchair, nebulisers, nearly 50 pills a day and 2l/min of oxygen and CPAP.

I'll flap my broken wings and erase it all someday... You'll see.

Friday 29 April 2011

Kidney Infection and General Feeling of Ick...

OK so I have been quite absent again which is a sign really of how I have been feeling. I woke up about a week ago with pains in my back, a temp and just generally felt like utter shit frankly. All I did from last Thursday to yesterday was sleep. And I mean really sleep. I had all the classic symptoms of an old adversary, something that made my teenage years frankly the most uncomfortable that one can be when battling this viral infection. I am talking about, of course the teenage nemesis, Glandular Fever.

So I had this not so wonderful combination of Glandular Fever, food poisoning because of a frankly poorly kept kitchen AND I find out to boot that I have a wonderful and somewhat painful kidney infection. The cause of 2 of these problems? Somebody got complacent. AGAIN?! I mean, how many times do I have to get sick before he can LEARN that dirty kitchen = I GET SICK!!! I find it so frustrating at times and in some ways, I wish that we could swap for one whole week and he could actually see first hand what I go through and how he could, if he wanted to, actually take the steps to stop it happening time and again. I guess its up to me to pick up the slack and remind him that it needs doing or I will get really REALLY ill.

So the other day I went out with Penny, I love our outings, they're lovely and they really make me feel less, well contained in my home. I was in a lot of pain and discomfort and kept suffering dizzy spells or that feeling that I was going to be sick. OK so all I have truthfully eaten today was a concoction of random but lovely foods, but there has been nothing else thats really tempted my appetite and because I starved all day, my old friend and demon started to pester me. I remembered the 3 month crash diet that I ended up on because of my appendix and how skinny I was at a measly 7 stone. Maybe a part of me wants to do that all again even though it was killing me. I just felt so vulnerable when it came to my weight recently.

Not helped by the fact that I have barely been able to eat anything. Even a small meal has been too much for my stomach to handle. I feel full or nauseous, and I can't even drink much which is really weird. I have no reason as to why I just don't feel like eating. I just didn't feel up to it.

Maybe this will pass?

Loves
Wendy xx 

1 comment:

  1. I hope it does pass and you feel much better soon!!
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. I will review it as soon as possible!

Labels

ABG (2) acceptance (5) Adventures (1) Alphonse (2) Ambulances (5) Amusement (1) Angry (3) Animals (2) Another Day In Midgar (2) Appointment (1) Art (4) Asthma (22) Asthma Attack (12) Asthma UK (2) Awareness (2) Bad Attitudes (1) Bass (1) Benefits (3) Birthdays (3) Blogs (2) Blood Pressure (1) Books (1) Bucket List (1) Busy Day (2) Calming (1) Catherine (2) Childhood (2) Chocobo (1) Christmas (4) Cleaning (2) Close Calls (1) cold (1) Comforter (1) Compensation (2) Creativity (1) Cruelty (1) Custody (1) Cute (1) death (3) Debt (2) Depression (4) Design (1) diary (1) Disability (1) Disgust (1) Disney (1) Distraction (2) Doctors (4) documentary (1) Dr Pike (1) Dreams (1) Drugs (1) DWP (1) Dye (1) Eating Patterns (1) ESA (1) Exhaustion (3) fair share (1) family (1) Films (1) Final Fantasy 7 (5) Flu (2) Fluid (1) Food (1) Friends (7) Gaming (2) Gizmo (2) glass half full (3) goodbye (1) GP (5) guidelines (1) Guiniea Pigs (6) Guitar (1) Hair (1) happiness (6) haters (1) Help (1) HND (2) home (3) home use (1) Honesty (3) Hope (4) Hospitals (8) Housework (1) Human Nature (1) Illness (5) Infection (5) inspiration (1) Instincts (1) Joke (1) JP (2) Judy (1) Labas (1) Life (2) lost cause (1) love (1) Luke (1) Lungs (3) Lush (1) Me (2) Medication (7) Memories (1) Mike (1) Mind (1) MSN (1) Music (6) My Past (1) Nathaniel (1) Nebuliser (8) Needles (1) neglect (2) Neighbor (2) new look (2) New year (1) NHS (2) Noise (5) Omen Shadow (2) One day's supply (1) Organ Donation (1) Pain (3) Patch (1) PDSA (1) Poem (1) Positivity (1) Pred (3) quotes (1) Rachael Wakefield (1) Rachy (1) Random ideas (1) Rant (1) Recovery (7) reinvention (2) Reporting (1) Routines (1) sad (1) salmonella (1) scared (1) Sean (1) Selfishness (1) Sephiroth (4) Sephy (3) Simon's Cat (1) Sims 2 (1) Sleep (6) Sorting it Out (1) Spite (1) Steve (1) Store Room (1) success (1) Support (2) Survival (4) Tattoos (1) tears (1) Technology (1) Temparature (1) Thank You (4) The Crow (1) Therapy (1) Thoughts (1) Thrash (1) Tired (1) Toys (1) Transformers (1) Transplant (1) Veins (1) Vomiting (1) warnings (1) West Midlands Ambulance Service (2) winter (1) work (1) Year (1)