For life's little ups and downs.

A rather quirky, funny and sometimes daunting look in to the life of someone who has a lot of health problems but does their best to keep positive. Punctuated by guinea pigs, anime, superheroes, transforming robots and cross stitching.

I started this blog to tell my story, about who I am and what I do. On top of the health problems and raising awareness for those, I also use my blog as a way to help promote other causes, particularly ones which affect the most vulnerable. I live with a number of different and complex health problems but I refuse to let anything get me down. I know how it feels to be discriminated against or thrown aside. This is me. This is my life. I live it and do what I want with it. Nature sets the limitations. We set the boundaries.

About Me:

A blog about life. I live with Type 1 Brittle Asthma, Bi-Polar Disorder, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder as well as Various Allergies, Neutropenia, Crohns Disease (my IBS was rediagnosed as Crohns), Osteo and Rheumatoid Arthritis, PCOS and Osteoporosis and Heredetary Spastic Paraplegia. I have recently also been diagnosed with Sleep Apnea (which makes me stop breathing in my sleep) I live with these conditions, but I refuse to let them keep me down and out. I still try and make the most of my days despite being so poorly and having to rely on my wheelchair, nebulisers, nearly 50 pills a day and 2l/min of oxygen and CPAP.

I'll flap my broken wings and erase it all someday... You'll see.

Tuesday 12 April 2011

It's Coming Together FINALLY!

After 2 very stressful weeks of moving, organising and coordinating the new place is finally taking shape and starting to look like a home. We have received a cooker and fridge freezer with the help of Penny who has been absolutely amazing in helping me out so much and I really cannot thank her enough. The bedroom actually LOOKS like somewhere to chill out, sleep and let the day pass me by with no problems and the living room has become a shrine to my Final Fantasy collection that is going to take up a WHOLE room!

I'm getting my netbook back so I can use it on the occasions that I am going to be in hospital or other times when a small computer will back up my big one. I am actually looking forward to that because as much as I love my laptop, there are times, I must say that it is a pain carrying it around with me. So last night I was busying myself with setting up and customising it to my tastes.

I was up really REALLY early this morning. I think it was either the fact that I was really looking forward to the postie turning up, with some parcels on order, or was it the fact that my asthma decided that at half 6 that it was time I got up and got a neb. I was not impressed. So I crawled out of the scratcher, padded my way to the living room with my DS and sat with my Freeway for a bit. Steve crawled out of bed not long after I had, so we both hung out and did our usual morning stuff. Something was bugging me. I was bothered by the shelves that needed re-putting up, holes needed making deeper. I know they say 3rd time lucky, for me it turned out to be 16th or so.

Lee came to see us as he always does on a Tuesday. He looked over the letter we got about the extra money and he explained it to us, well more to Steve than me as to WHY this extra money was coming in and WHO it was for and WHY that was. I think he finally got the picture and started to understand as to why I was getting an extra £58 a week as part of my ESA (so I thought it was DLA, long story short, that is still processing and the decision is still pending). I think having that explained by someone who not only knew what he was talking about but had probably had to deal with disgruntled partners of other people in the same position so I think Steve took it a little better.

That extra £58 a week is made up of Extra money because I am in the Support Group, which means that I have been found to be so unwell that I am not able to work. It also means I don't need to send in doctor's notes or have any medical assessments. It is a LOAD off my mind. I was terrified that I was going to lose my ESA and be expected to go back in to work.

Loves
Wendy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I will review it as soon as possible!

Labels

ABG (2) acceptance (5) Adventures (1) Alphonse (2) Ambulances (5) Amusement (1) Angry (3) Animals (2) Another Day In Midgar (2) Appointment (1) Art (4) Asthma (22) Asthma Attack (12) Asthma UK (2) Awareness (2) Bad Attitudes (1) Bass (1) Benefits (3) Birthdays (3) Blogs (2) Blood Pressure (1) Books (1) Bucket List (1) Busy Day (2) Calming (1) Catherine (2) Childhood (2) Chocobo (1) Christmas (4) Cleaning (2) Close Calls (1) cold (1) Comforter (1) Compensation (2) Creativity (1) Cruelty (1) Custody (1) Cute (1) death (3) Debt (2) Depression (4) Design (1) diary (1) Disability (1) Disgust (1) Disney (1) Distraction (2) Doctors (4) documentary (1) Dr Pike (1) Dreams (1) Drugs (1) DWP (1) Dye (1) Eating Patterns (1) ESA (1) Exhaustion (3) fair share (1) family (1) Films (1) Final Fantasy 7 (5) Flu (2) Fluid (1) Food (1) Friends (7) Gaming (2) Gizmo (2) glass half full (3) goodbye (1) GP (5) guidelines (1) Guiniea Pigs (6) Guitar (1) Hair (1) happiness (6) haters (1) Help (1) HND (2) home (3) home use (1) Honesty (3) Hope (4) Hospitals (8) Housework (1) Human Nature (1) Illness (5) Infection (5) inspiration (1) Instincts (1) Joke (1) JP (2) Judy (1) Labas (1) Life (2) lost cause (1) love (1) Luke (1) Lungs (3) Lush (1) Me (2) Medication (7) Memories (1) Mike (1) Mind (1) MSN (1) Music (6) My Past (1) Nathaniel (1) Nebuliser (8) Needles (1) neglect (2) Neighbor (2) new look (2) New year (1) NHS (2) Noise (5) Omen Shadow (2) One day's supply (1) Organ Donation (1) Pain (3) Patch (1) PDSA (1) Poem (1) Positivity (1) Pred (3) quotes (1) Rachael Wakefield (1) Rachy (1) Random ideas (1) Rant (1) Recovery (7) reinvention (2) Reporting (1) Routines (1) sad (1) salmonella (1) scared (1) Sean (1) Selfishness (1) Sephiroth (4) Sephy (3) Simon's Cat (1) Sims 2 (1) Sleep (6) Sorting it Out (1) Spite (1) Steve (1) Store Room (1) success (1) Support (2) Survival (4) Tattoos (1) tears (1) Technology (1) Temparature (1) Thank You (4) The Crow (1) Therapy (1) Thoughts (1) Thrash (1) Tired (1) Toys (1) Transformers (1) Transplant (1) Veins (1) Vomiting (1) warnings (1) West Midlands Ambulance Service (2) winter (1) work (1) Year (1)