For life's little ups and downs.

A rather quirky, funny and sometimes daunting look in to the life of someone who has a lot of health problems but does their best to keep positive. Punctuated by guinea pigs, anime, superheroes, transforming robots and cross stitching.

I started this blog to tell my story, about who I am and what I do. On top of the health problems and raising awareness for those, I also use my blog as a way to help promote other causes, particularly ones which affect the most vulnerable. I live with a number of different and complex health problems but I refuse to let anything get me down. I know how it feels to be discriminated against or thrown aside. This is me. This is my life. I live it and do what I want with it. Nature sets the limitations. We set the boundaries.

About Me:

A blog about life. I live with Type 1 Brittle Asthma, Bi-Polar Disorder, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder as well as Various Allergies, Neutropenia, Crohns Disease (my IBS was rediagnosed as Crohns), Osteo and Rheumatoid Arthritis, PCOS and Osteoporosis and Heredetary Spastic Paraplegia. I have recently also been diagnosed with Sleep Apnea (which makes me stop breathing in my sleep) I live with these conditions, but I refuse to let them keep me down and out. I still try and make the most of my days despite being so poorly and having to rely on my wheelchair, nebulisers, nearly 50 pills a day and 2l/min of oxygen and CPAP.

I'll flap my broken wings and erase it all someday... You'll see.

Sunday 16 January 2011

Unconditional

It is times like these that we realise just what we have in our lives. When you are sick, you feel abandoned and alone, and so isolated and useless to the rest of the world around you. When my guinea pig fell sick, I felt even worse because I was scared I would lose him and scared that this was all my fault. It was in this though that I really found clarification of what I want to do and what I am really here to do. I spent all weekend nursing that poor sickly creature, feeling the life drain from him, then return as I carried on, in spite of fears that he would die. When he managed a syringe and a half of feed (about 8ml) I was so happy I could have cried, but I realised, I am a nurse through and through. It is in my nature to care for someone or something and not give up until they pass away or they are better.

I believe in love that is unconditional. I went to a wedding recently and I heard the most beautiful verse, yes it was religious, but it was so true.

Corinthians 13

4Love is patient and love is kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant 5or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful;b 6it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. 7Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
8Love never ends.

Again, I reference this as it is so very true. Love is what makes us come back, even when we are beaten down and unhappy. Love is what makes us angry when the other is being unpleasant as we look for the person we know they can be. Love never takes away without giving something in return, and love never forgets that the other one is always there.

I am one of those people who truly, TRULY believe that everything happens for a reason and we meet the people we do because they are the right ones to be in our lives. I have some amazing friends, most of which I would have never met had I never joined LPU or met Mike. The people in my life are my family and they share all the smiles, all the tears, all the pain and all those moments where you sit there and think "SHIT ME! Did we just do that?!" and all the times where you sit there and laugh because you probably got so drunk you can't even remember how you got there (a glance at Mat who ended up passed out in my bathroom, missing his shirt and phone, a rather large bruise on his hand and a broken toilet seat).

We learn from each other and everything we encounter. We fall down, pick ourselves back up and then move forward to the next stage, remembering all that we learned, good or bad. We remember the good times and probably have a good cry about the sad times as well. I know me and my friend Nathaniel have done a lot together and have always been there for each other, same as myself and Cat or Ant or any other of my closest friends. It is very true that many people walk in and out of our lives, but it is the friends who carried us when we couldn't walk, and we carried them when they couldn't, that really leave a mark on you. A footstep in your heart, as it were.

I want to move forward from all of this, I want to go on and do everything I can, and a few things that I probably thought I couldn't, knowing full well that I have people behind me to catch me if I mess up.

Loves
Wendy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I will review it as soon as possible!

Labels

ABG (2) acceptance (5) Adventures (1) Alphonse (2) Ambulances (5) Amusement (1) Angry (3) Animals (2) Another Day In Midgar (2) Appointment (1) Art (4) Asthma (22) Asthma Attack (12) Asthma UK (2) Awareness (2) Bad Attitudes (1) Bass (1) Benefits (3) Birthdays (3) Blogs (2) Blood Pressure (1) Books (1) Bucket List (1) Busy Day (2) Calming (1) Catherine (2) Childhood (2) Chocobo (1) Christmas (4) Cleaning (2) Close Calls (1) cold (1) Comforter (1) Compensation (2) Creativity (1) Cruelty (1) Custody (1) Cute (1) death (3) Debt (2) Depression (4) Design (1) diary (1) Disability (1) Disgust (1) Disney (1) Distraction (2) Doctors (4) documentary (1) Dr Pike (1) Dreams (1) Drugs (1) DWP (1) Dye (1) Eating Patterns (1) ESA (1) Exhaustion (3) fair share (1) family (1) Films (1) Final Fantasy 7 (5) Flu (2) Fluid (1) Food (1) Friends (7) Gaming (2) Gizmo (2) glass half full (3) goodbye (1) GP (5) guidelines (1) Guiniea Pigs (6) Guitar (1) Hair (1) happiness (6) haters (1) Help (1) HND (2) home (3) home use (1) Honesty (3) Hope (4) Hospitals (8) Housework (1) Human Nature (1) Illness (5) Infection (5) inspiration (1) Instincts (1) Joke (1) JP (2) Judy (1) Labas (1) Life (2) lost cause (1) love (1) Luke (1) Lungs (3) Lush (1) Me (2) Medication (7) Memories (1) Mike (1) Mind (1) MSN (1) Music (6) My Past (1) Nathaniel (1) Nebuliser (8) Needles (1) neglect (2) Neighbor (2) new look (2) New year (1) NHS (2) Noise (5) Omen Shadow (2) One day's supply (1) Organ Donation (1) Pain (3) Patch (1) PDSA (1) Poem (1) Positivity (1) Pred (3) quotes (1) Rachael Wakefield (1) Rachy (1) Random ideas (1) Rant (1) Recovery (7) reinvention (2) Reporting (1) Routines (1) sad (1) salmonella (1) scared (1) Sean (1) Selfishness (1) Sephiroth (4) Sephy (3) Simon's Cat (1) Sims 2 (1) Sleep (6) Sorting it Out (1) Spite (1) Steve (1) Store Room (1) success (1) Support (2) Survival (4) Tattoos (1) tears (1) Technology (1) Temparature (1) Thank You (4) The Crow (1) Therapy (1) Thoughts (1) Thrash (1) Tired (1) Toys (1) Transformers (1) Transplant (1) Veins (1) Vomiting (1) warnings (1) West Midlands Ambulance Service (2) winter (1) work (1) Year (1)