For life's little ups and downs.

A rather quirky, funny and sometimes daunting look in to the life of someone who has a lot of health problems but does their best to keep positive. Punctuated by guinea pigs, anime, superheroes, transforming robots and cross stitching.

I started this blog to tell my story, about who I am and what I do. On top of the health problems and raising awareness for those, I also use my blog as a way to help promote other causes, particularly ones which affect the most vulnerable. I live with a number of different and complex health problems but I refuse to let anything get me down. I know how it feels to be discriminated against or thrown aside. This is me. This is my life. I live it and do what I want with it. Nature sets the limitations. We set the boundaries.

About Me:

A blog about life. I live with Type 1 Brittle Asthma, Bi-Polar Disorder, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder as well as Various Allergies, Neutropenia, Crohns Disease (my IBS was rediagnosed as Crohns), Osteo and Rheumatoid Arthritis, PCOS and Osteoporosis and Heredetary Spastic Paraplegia. I have recently also been diagnosed with Sleep Apnea (which makes me stop breathing in my sleep) I live with these conditions, but I refuse to let them keep me down and out. I still try and make the most of my days despite being so poorly and having to rely on my wheelchair, nebulisers, nearly 50 pills a day and 2l/min of oxygen and CPAP.

I'll flap my broken wings and erase it all someday... You'll see.

Tuesday 11 January 2011

Feeling a little better...

Its amazing the effect of having a good day, fabulous friends and just giving myself a little breathing space to recoup some energy and do what I want to do, rather than what everyone else wants me to do. Maybe all I need sometimes is just feel how I feel for a while rather than sweeping everything under the rug, as my mother would have taught me to do.I woke up this morning to JP being here in need of help, which was given as always, I would never begrudge a friend the help they deserve. He needed a working phone (i.e. a landline) to get in touch with his uncle to help him get to college. We sat for a bit chatting (well he sat, I kind of lay half curled up in bed) and sorted everything out.

Steve went out and after JP left, I set about trying to sort out a few other things. Getting my meds from the hospital (we left my pouch there by accident, but we have it back now), arranging that to be picked up. Then I set about getting in touch with Ant, he asked me to give him a bell when I got back last night, unfortunately at around half past midnight, all we were really interested in was getting some kind of sleep. After all the crying I did, my head was thumping and I was just fueling the fire and inflammation and making myself feel so much worse about things.

I do feel better though now. I feel as though the air has been cleared to some extent and Steve finally got to air how he was feeling and just get it all back in sync again. Turned out that he was wrong footed by the fact that even though he was put on medication as well, there was a part of him that kind of wanted me to become carer again, but we finally managed to work that out and work out whats best for both of us. Sometimes a bit of space can work wonders and can allow all parties to either burn it out, or cry it out, or just rant it out a bit to a third party.

My 3rd party today was Ant, hes such a good guy who I am very close with, he came round, made me tea and sat teaching me how to use my new (and his old) Ipod. He was great, helping me and I managed to get some rest. Just as he was leaving, Steve returned, my pouch in his bag. We have been generally happier today and more able to be around each other and me, well I felt better just to have some space to get my head together.

So after a day which was a little less intense, I am now feeling better and more ready to fight, OK so things aren't ever going to be the way they were, and I can't keep wishing for that and setting myself up for the fall when it all goes wrong, but what I can do is enjoy what I have now, and the way things can be, rather than what I wish they could be.

Loves
Wendy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I will review it as soon as possible!

Labels

ABG (2) acceptance (5) Adventures (1) Alphonse (2) Ambulances (5) Amusement (1) Angry (3) Animals (2) Another Day In Midgar (2) Appointment (1) Art (4) Asthma (22) Asthma Attack (12) Asthma UK (2) Awareness (2) Bad Attitudes (1) Bass (1) Benefits (3) Birthdays (3) Blogs (2) Blood Pressure (1) Books (1) Bucket List (1) Busy Day (2) Calming (1) Catherine (2) Childhood (2) Chocobo (1) Christmas (4) Cleaning (2) Close Calls (1) cold (1) Comforter (1) Compensation (2) Creativity (1) Cruelty (1) Custody (1) Cute (1) death (3) Debt (2) Depression (4) Design (1) diary (1) Disability (1) Disgust (1) Disney (1) Distraction (2) Doctors (4) documentary (1) Dr Pike (1) Dreams (1) Drugs (1) DWP (1) Dye (1) Eating Patterns (1) ESA (1) Exhaustion (3) fair share (1) family (1) Films (1) Final Fantasy 7 (5) Flu (2) Fluid (1) Food (1) Friends (7) Gaming (2) Gizmo (2) glass half full (3) goodbye (1) GP (5) guidelines (1) Guiniea Pigs (6) Guitar (1) Hair (1) happiness (6) haters (1) Help (1) HND (2) home (3) home use (1) Honesty (3) Hope (4) Hospitals (8) Housework (1) Human Nature (1) Illness (5) Infection (5) inspiration (1) Instincts (1) Joke (1) JP (2) Judy (1) Labas (1) Life (2) lost cause (1) love (1) Luke (1) Lungs (3) Lush (1) Me (2) Medication (7) Memories (1) Mike (1) Mind (1) MSN (1) Music (6) My Past (1) Nathaniel (1) Nebuliser (8) Needles (1) neglect (2) Neighbor (2) new look (2) New year (1) NHS (2) Noise (5) Omen Shadow (2) One day's supply (1) Organ Donation (1) Pain (3) Patch (1) PDSA (1) Poem (1) Positivity (1) Pred (3) quotes (1) Rachael Wakefield (1) Rachy (1) Random ideas (1) Rant (1) Recovery (7) reinvention (2) Reporting (1) Routines (1) sad (1) salmonella (1) scared (1) Sean (1) Selfishness (1) Sephiroth (4) Sephy (3) Simon's Cat (1) Sims 2 (1) Sleep (6) Sorting it Out (1) Spite (1) Steve (1) Store Room (1) success (1) Support (2) Survival (4) Tattoos (1) tears (1) Technology (1) Temparature (1) Thank You (4) The Crow (1) Therapy (1) Thoughts (1) Thrash (1) Tired (1) Toys (1) Transformers (1) Transplant (1) Veins (1) Vomiting (1) warnings (1) West Midlands Ambulance Service (2) winter (1) work (1) Year (1)