For life's little ups and downs.

A rather quirky, funny and sometimes daunting look in to the life of someone who has a lot of health problems but does their best to keep positive. Punctuated by guinea pigs, anime, superheroes, transforming robots and cross stitching.

I started this blog to tell my story, about who I am and what I do. On top of the health problems and raising awareness for those, I also use my blog as a way to help promote other causes, particularly ones which affect the most vulnerable. I live with a number of different and complex health problems but I refuse to let anything get me down. I know how it feels to be discriminated against or thrown aside. This is me. This is my life. I live it and do what I want with it. Nature sets the limitations. We set the boundaries.

About Me:

A blog about life. I live with Type 1 Brittle Asthma, Bi-Polar Disorder, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder as well as Various Allergies, Neutropenia, Crohns Disease (my IBS was rediagnosed as Crohns), Osteo and Rheumatoid Arthritis, PCOS and Osteoporosis and Heredetary Spastic Paraplegia. I have recently also been diagnosed with Sleep Apnea (which makes me stop breathing in my sleep) I live with these conditions, but I refuse to let them keep me down and out. I still try and make the most of my days despite being so poorly and having to rely on my wheelchair, nebulisers, nearly 50 pills a day and 2l/min of oxygen and CPAP.

I'll flap my broken wings and erase it all someday... You'll see.

Friday 21 January 2011

More Phonecalls, Organising and an Unexpected Nap...

I carried on making phone-calls, sending emails and doing various other things for the remainder of the day, just trying to get everything sorted out and make sure we are getting EVERYTHING we are entitled to, rather than thinking we can't for whatever reason. Watching that "Saints and Scroungers" programme has really spurred me in to action, and we both agree that if we can, we should. As the saying goes, nothing ventured, nothing gained. So I have decided that it can't hurt to try, even if it takes a good while and we may not get THAT much from claiming the backdates we were entitled to, the compensation that is owed to us for my foot accident, and making sure that a certain cheat gets whats coming to him. At least we made some headway.

There are a lot of people out there who don't know how to, or are refused the help that they need, so it really burns me when I see or hear about people who are "playing the system". I find the reasons they give so flippant, the worst of which was Steve's dad who said he was playing the system because "The system fucked [him] over." No, that is really NO excuse at all and whatsoever. It is people like him who are ruining the welfare system for everyone who genuinely needs it and they need a public example making of them.

Any award I get from my accident, I WILL declare. Whether it affects my benefits or not. For no other reason than it is the right, no, decent thing to do. I would also be making sizable donations to Asthma UK, the RSPCA and of course the PDSA respectively as well as clearing as much debt as I can. Sharing what is left between myself and my partner so that we can both at least benefit from this and there are no arguements. As hard as my broken foot and asthma have been on me, he often reflected how hard all of this has been on him, and how it is the reason why he hasn't been able to find work as yet. He says now he didn't mean it, but he wouldn't have said it else would he?

I know my illnesses haven't been the easiest thing to live with, heck, I will admit that I had been considering harming myself horrifically after he said it. I felt so bad about the fact that I was being told that my sheer laziness was ruining another's life, but I was soon distracted by this by something more important than self-punishment and discipline. I had to try and save someone else, and although that didn't work (and everyone who I was talking to via MSN and my friends can attest that I did my very VERY best and I did EVERYTHING I could for him) I was still reminded that I could at least do something.

Loves
Wendy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I will review it as soon as possible!

Labels

ABG (2) acceptance (5) Adventures (1) Alphonse (2) Ambulances (5) Amusement (1) Angry (3) Animals (2) Another Day In Midgar (2) Appointment (1) Art (4) Asthma (22) Asthma Attack (12) Asthma UK (2) Awareness (2) Bad Attitudes (1) Bass (1) Benefits (3) Birthdays (3) Blogs (2) Blood Pressure (1) Books (1) Bucket List (1) Busy Day (2) Calming (1) Catherine (2) Childhood (2) Chocobo (1) Christmas (4) Cleaning (2) Close Calls (1) cold (1) Comforter (1) Compensation (2) Creativity (1) Cruelty (1) Custody (1) Cute (1) death (3) Debt (2) Depression (4) Design (1) diary (1) Disability (1) Disgust (1) Disney (1) Distraction (2) Doctors (4) documentary (1) Dr Pike (1) Dreams (1) Drugs (1) DWP (1) Dye (1) Eating Patterns (1) ESA (1) Exhaustion (3) fair share (1) family (1) Films (1) Final Fantasy 7 (5) Flu (2) Fluid (1) Food (1) Friends (7) Gaming (2) Gizmo (2) glass half full (3) goodbye (1) GP (5) guidelines (1) Guiniea Pigs (6) Guitar (1) Hair (1) happiness (6) haters (1) Help (1) HND (2) home (3) home use (1) Honesty (3) Hope (4) Hospitals (8) Housework (1) Human Nature (1) Illness (5) Infection (5) inspiration (1) Instincts (1) Joke (1) JP (2) Judy (1) Labas (1) Life (2) lost cause (1) love (1) Luke (1) Lungs (3) Lush (1) Me (2) Medication (7) Memories (1) Mike (1) Mind (1) MSN (1) Music (6) My Past (1) Nathaniel (1) Nebuliser (8) Needles (1) neglect (2) Neighbor (2) new look (2) New year (1) NHS (2) Noise (5) Omen Shadow (2) One day's supply (1) Organ Donation (1) Pain (3) Patch (1) PDSA (1) Poem (1) Positivity (1) Pred (3) quotes (1) Rachael Wakefield (1) Rachy (1) Random ideas (1) Rant (1) Recovery (7) reinvention (2) Reporting (1) Routines (1) sad (1) salmonella (1) scared (1) Sean (1) Selfishness (1) Sephiroth (4) Sephy (3) Simon's Cat (1) Sims 2 (1) Sleep (6) Sorting it Out (1) Spite (1) Steve (1) Store Room (1) success (1) Support (2) Survival (4) Tattoos (1) tears (1) Technology (1) Temparature (1) Thank You (4) The Crow (1) Therapy (1) Thoughts (1) Thrash (1) Tired (1) Toys (1) Transformers (1) Transplant (1) Veins (1) Vomiting (1) warnings (1) West Midlands Ambulance Service (2) winter (1) work (1) Year (1)