For life's little ups and downs.

A rather quirky, funny and sometimes daunting look in to the life of someone who has a lot of health problems but does their best to keep positive. Punctuated by guinea pigs, anime, superheroes, transforming robots and cross stitching.

I started this blog to tell my story, about who I am and what I do. On top of the health problems and raising awareness for those, I also use my blog as a way to help promote other causes, particularly ones which affect the most vulnerable. I live with a number of different and complex health problems but I refuse to let anything get me down. I know how it feels to be discriminated against or thrown aside. This is me. This is my life. I live it and do what I want with it. Nature sets the limitations. We set the boundaries.

About Me:

A blog about life. I live with Type 1 Brittle Asthma, Bi-Polar Disorder, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder as well as Various Allergies, Neutropenia, Crohns Disease (my IBS was rediagnosed as Crohns), Osteo and Rheumatoid Arthritis, PCOS and Osteoporosis and Heredetary Spastic Paraplegia. I have recently also been diagnosed with Sleep Apnea (which makes me stop breathing in my sleep) I live with these conditions, but I refuse to let them keep me down and out. I still try and make the most of my days despite being so poorly and having to rely on my wheelchair, nebulisers, nearly 50 pills a day and 2l/min of oxygen and CPAP.

I'll flap my broken wings and erase it all someday... You'll see.

Wednesday 3 November 2010

To THRASH a noisy neighbour...

I know at my age, I should know better, but when you get woken up from your mid-morning nap (after an early appointment to see whether its JSA or ESA that I should be claiming, (turns out that for now, ESA, the DWP's idea of an incapacity benefit without the confusion, yeah OK) ESA (Employment Support Allowance) for now as I am too sick to work. No matter how many times I'm told that, it is still a kick in the pants really as I always went with the idea of "It's not death if you don't accept it." from James O'Barr's graphic novel, The Crow. Unfortunately, no matter how much I try and hide it with bravado and me just being me, it doesn't hide the fact I am sick and I am classed as "Disabled". I hate labels.

So you can imagine the mood I was in when I got home, just wanting a nap, a drink and maybe something to eat when I woke up again. So having to deal with my neighbor and his 'Drum and Base' rubbish was the last thing I wanted. I'm not, by nature, an irritable person, nor do I begrudge anyone of what they like or enjoy, but I do get irritated when people play music so loudly that it rattles everything in my own room and I can't hear myself think. So I took the logical answer, well the typical of me answer and dug out various CD's of Thrash Metal, Heavy Metal, Industrial, Steam Punk and everything else that just seemed to take my fancy at the time and let it rip. As loud as my speakers went. I know its not the moral high ground, but he got the point in the end, even in his usual cannabis induced stupor.

Now, I have nothing against anyone, but it does annoy me when able-bodied people sit around all day, either drinking or smoking themselves in to a blind stupor. It's like a slap in the face to someone like myself who lives healthy, doesn't drink or smoke and suffers endlessly due to my long term, life limiting condition. It just seems a bit unjust at times I think, but it really gets my goat. Especially when you hear that drug addicts or alcoholics who got themselves in to that state get DLA and all sorts of government hand-outs, where as there are people such as myself and many others out there who have to fight for any kind of help from the state. Its twisted. If you can work, you should.

I realise that this has been a rant about "Benefit Britain", but I really do find it an insult that the system works in such a way that some lazy pleb can get all the handouts they want, have kids that the tax-payer pays for and doesn't get a job because getting drunk or high is more profitable, and someone with a crippling condition, or like someone I know, a serious brain tumor has to fight just to survive. I think that is exactly why I don't take any rubbish from any of these morons as I find them just too pathetic to feel sorry for.

On a positive note, I would like to say a Happy Birthday to one of my dearest friends, Stacey. As well as a hearty congratulations to Mike, Daimon and the rest of Labas! for their recent success at a gig locally and of course wish good luck to my friend Georgina in her interview for her internship.

Love ya

Wendy x 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Wendy! I've just found your blog, I plan to follow you so I thought it was polite to say hello :-)
    The way you dealt with your noisy neighbour made me giggle as it's just the type of thing that I'd do.
    Take care
    Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dawn, its nice to hear from you :) and I am glad you enjoyed my little anecdote, an update on that, today he was nice an quiet, but then again I think he got my point!

    Have looked at your Blog and found it very interesting and am going to follow it.

    Hoping you are well
    Take care
    Wendy
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. I will review it as soon as possible!

Labels

ABG (2) acceptance (5) Adventures (1) Alphonse (2) Ambulances (5) Amusement (1) Angry (3) Animals (2) Another Day In Midgar (2) Appointment (1) Art (4) Asthma (22) Asthma Attack (12) Asthma UK (2) Awareness (2) Bad Attitudes (1) Bass (1) Benefits (3) Birthdays (3) Blogs (2) Blood Pressure (1) Books (1) Bucket List (1) Busy Day (2) Calming (1) Catherine (2) Childhood (2) Chocobo (1) Christmas (4) Cleaning (2) Close Calls (1) cold (1) Comforter (1) Compensation (2) Creativity (1) Cruelty (1) Custody (1) Cute (1) death (3) Debt (2) Depression (4) Design (1) diary (1) Disability (1) Disgust (1) Disney (1) Distraction (2) Doctors (4) documentary (1) Dr Pike (1) Dreams (1) Drugs (1) DWP (1) Dye (1) Eating Patterns (1) ESA (1) Exhaustion (3) fair share (1) family (1) Films (1) Final Fantasy 7 (5) Flu (2) Fluid (1) Food (1) Friends (7) Gaming (2) Gizmo (2) glass half full (3) goodbye (1) GP (5) guidelines (1) Guiniea Pigs (6) Guitar (1) Hair (1) happiness (6) haters (1) Help (1) HND (2) home (3) home use (1) Honesty (3) Hope (4) Hospitals (8) Housework (1) Human Nature (1) Illness (5) Infection (5) inspiration (1) Instincts (1) Joke (1) JP (2) Judy (1) Labas (1) Life (2) lost cause (1) love (1) Luke (1) Lungs (3) Lush (1) Me (2) Medication (7) Memories (1) Mike (1) Mind (1) MSN (1) Music (6) My Past (1) Nathaniel (1) Nebuliser (8) Needles (1) neglect (2) Neighbor (2) new look (2) New year (1) NHS (2) Noise (5) Omen Shadow (2) One day's supply (1) Organ Donation (1) Pain (3) Patch (1) PDSA (1) Poem (1) Positivity (1) Pred (3) quotes (1) Rachael Wakefield (1) Rachy (1) Random ideas (1) Rant (1) Recovery (7) reinvention (2) Reporting (1) Routines (1) sad (1) salmonella (1) scared (1) Sean (1) Selfishness (1) Sephiroth (4) Sephy (3) Simon's Cat (1) Sims 2 (1) Sleep (6) Sorting it Out (1) Spite (1) Steve (1) Store Room (1) success (1) Support (2) Survival (4) Tattoos (1) tears (1) Technology (1) Temparature (1) Thank You (4) The Crow (1) Therapy (1) Thoughts (1) Thrash (1) Tired (1) Toys (1) Transformers (1) Transplant (1) Veins (1) Vomiting (1) warnings (1) West Midlands Ambulance Service (2) winter (1) work (1) Year (1)