For life's little ups and downs.

A rather quirky, funny and sometimes daunting look in to the life of someone who has a lot of health problems but does their best to keep positive. Punctuated by guinea pigs, anime, superheroes, transforming robots and cross stitching.

I started this blog to tell my story, about who I am and what I do. On top of the health problems and raising awareness for those, I also use my blog as a way to help promote other causes, particularly ones which affect the most vulnerable. I live with a number of different and complex health problems but I refuse to let anything get me down. I know how it feels to be discriminated against or thrown aside. This is me. This is my life. I live it and do what I want with it. Nature sets the limitations. We set the boundaries.

About Me:

A blog about life. I live with Type 1 Brittle Asthma, Bi-Polar Disorder, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder as well as Various Allergies, Neutropenia, Crohns Disease (my IBS was rediagnosed as Crohns), Osteo and Rheumatoid Arthritis, PCOS and Osteoporosis and Heredetary Spastic Paraplegia. I have recently also been diagnosed with Sleep Apnea (which makes me stop breathing in my sleep) I live with these conditions, but I refuse to let them keep me down and out. I still try and make the most of my days despite being so poorly and having to rely on my wheelchair, nebulisers, nearly 50 pills a day and 2l/min of oxygen and CPAP.

I'll flap my broken wings and erase it all someday... You'll see.

Tuesday 16 November 2010

Happy Happy Happy!

I am so glad that they opened a LUSH shop in Redditch and so close to my birthday, so with my lovely pennies (donated by the awesome Nathaniel) I went and really treated myself to some new nice smelling things for me to indulge in and feel 10000000% special and loved. Then again as I have said many times before now, Lush cosmetics really are the secret to my good skin and youthful looks, (hehehe, buying meth spirits to fix that pesky DS of mine, if we hadn't been discussing age, I would have got I.D.ed so that has to count for something!) and generally good mood.

It is true, a good smell can equate to a VERY good mood, and a good mood always means a good day. So what took my fancy today? Well, as the money was a gift, I did get myself a lovely gift box, namely the Christmas Candy Box. Around my birthday, as it is so close to Christmas, you start getting the really tasty smelling Christmas treats, which is something I absolutely adore. And in these boxes you tend to get products (such as the Snow Fairy shower gel) which regrettably are unavailable at any time of the year, so now really is the time to stock up on them and make sure that I have enough to tide me over.

But enough about smellies or I could go on about them all day, because lets face it, I am a girl and I LOVE smelling like nice stuff rather than chemical poisons. But yet again, as I am prone to, I digress. After a truely wonderful day yesterday, I feel so much happier and closer to the me that I usually am, bright, perky and just generally in that sort of mood where smiling isn't an option. It's a must. Its been a while admittedly since I felt this happy, but I figure that if I can feel this happy more often then maybe life will not seem so glass half empty, if you know what I mean.

Whoever came up with that idea anyway that the glass was half empty? Personally I think it was just an excuse for the pessimists of the world to walk around with faces like smacked backsides and sulk until the day that the guy in the black shroud comes to collect them. That's OK, if you really want to be and think that way, BUT it really can't be all that exciting or fun, can it?

I guess what I really am getting at here, rather than rambling, as I do about everything and nothing all at once, is that if we can all take 5 minutes out of every day and think about everything we are either thankful for or are proud of instead of what makes us angry or disgusted, maybe that would make the human race a happier one.

Just some food for thought really.

Love You Muchly

Wendy x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I will review it as soon as possible!

Labels

ABG (2) acceptance (5) Adventures (1) Alphonse (2) Ambulances (5) Amusement (1) Angry (3) Animals (2) Another Day In Midgar (2) Appointment (1) Art (4) Asthma (22) Asthma Attack (12) Asthma UK (2) Awareness (2) Bad Attitudes (1) Bass (1) Benefits (3) Birthdays (3) Blogs (2) Blood Pressure (1) Books (1) Bucket List (1) Busy Day (2) Calming (1) Catherine (2) Childhood (2) Chocobo (1) Christmas (4) Cleaning (2) Close Calls (1) cold (1) Comforter (1) Compensation (2) Creativity (1) Cruelty (1) Custody (1) Cute (1) death (3) Debt (2) Depression (4) Design (1) diary (1) Disability (1) Disgust (1) Disney (1) Distraction (2) Doctors (4) documentary (1) Dr Pike (1) Dreams (1) Drugs (1) DWP (1) Dye (1) Eating Patterns (1) ESA (1) Exhaustion (3) fair share (1) family (1) Films (1) Final Fantasy 7 (5) Flu (2) Fluid (1) Food (1) Friends (7) Gaming (2) Gizmo (2) glass half full (3) goodbye (1) GP (5) guidelines (1) Guiniea Pigs (6) Guitar (1) Hair (1) happiness (6) haters (1) Help (1) HND (2) home (3) home use (1) Honesty (3) Hope (4) Hospitals (8) Housework (1) Human Nature (1) Illness (5) Infection (5) inspiration (1) Instincts (1) Joke (1) JP (2) Judy (1) Labas (1) Life (2) lost cause (1) love (1) Luke (1) Lungs (3) Lush (1) Me (2) Medication (7) Memories (1) Mike (1) Mind (1) MSN (1) Music (6) My Past (1) Nathaniel (1) Nebuliser (8) Needles (1) neglect (2) Neighbor (2) new look (2) New year (1) NHS (2) Noise (5) Omen Shadow (2) One day's supply (1) Organ Donation (1) Pain (3) Patch (1) PDSA (1) Poem (1) Positivity (1) Pred (3) quotes (1) Rachael Wakefield (1) Rachy (1) Random ideas (1) Rant (1) Recovery (7) reinvention (2) Reporting (1) Routines (1) sad (1) salmonella (1) scared (1) Sean (1) Selfishness (1) Sephiroth (4) Sephy (3) Simon's Cat (1) Sims 2 (1) Sleep (6) Sorting it Out (1) Spite (1) Steve (1) Store Room (1) success (1) Support (2) Survival (4) Tattoos (1) tears (1) Technology (1) Temparature (1) Thank You (4) The Crow (1) Therapy (1) Thoughts (1) Thrash (1) Tired (1) Toys (1) Transformers (1) Transplant (1) Veins (1) Vomiting (1) warnings (1) West Midlands Ambulance Service (2) winter (1) work (1) Year (1)