For life's little ups and downs.

A rather quirky, funny and sometimes daunting look in to the life of someone who has a lot of health problems but does their best to keep positive. Punctuated by guinea pigs, anime, superheroes, transforming robots and cross stitching.

I started this blog to tell my story, about who I am and what I do. On top of the health problems and raising awareness for those, I also use my blog as a way to help promote other causes, particularly ones which affect the most vulnerable. I live with a number of different and complex health problems but I refuse to let anything get me down. I know how it feels to be discriminated against or thrown aside. This is me. This is my life. I live it and do what I want with it. Nature sets the limitations. We set the boundaries.

About Me:

A blog about life. I live with Type 1 Brittle Asthma, Bi-Polar Disorder, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder as well as Various Allergies, Neutropenia, Crohns Disease (my IBS was rediagnosed as Crohns), Osteo and Rheumatoid Arthritis, PCOS and Osteoporosis and Heredetary Spastic Paraplegia. I have recently also been diagnosed with Sleep Apnea (which makes me stop breathing in my sleep) I live with these conditions, but I refuse to let them keep me down and out. I still try and make the most of my days despite being so poorly and having to rely on my wheelchair, nebulisers, nearly 50 pills a day and 2l/min of oxygen and CPAP.

I'll flap my broken wings and erase it all someday... You'll see.

Friday 13 April 2012

An Unexpected Improvement...

In my life I have had to learn the hard way about taking the good with the bad. Behind every fall is something new and exciting to enjoy. Be that the challenge that finding ones way brings or even just something totally unexpected but nevertheless wonderful in itself. Its these little triumphs and victories that really do enable me to smile and keep building myself up for a future that I have fought for ever since becoming unwell, but then again, I I have little to no sympathy for those who blame others for their own misgivings, bitching about what I was "denied" or whatever, I mean seriously thats how you become old and so depressed that you can barely see straight and its not something I ever wish to entertain. Not in the slightest.

I am sure that by now you are all wondering what this improvement is. Well for a large proportion of my life I have been essentially blind in my right eye. This has been caused by a hereditary condition where the muscles of my eyes didn't work correctly and as a result one eye became weaker and weaker, until it suddenly stopped working completely. I had had surgery to correct this, but unfortunately it was not to be and my sight continued to worsen as I got older, eventually meaning that I had no vision on my right side. Well today I noticed very marked improvement to my sight. I could see a lot better and didn't find myself walking in to walls or things on my right hand side. This has been an extraordinary discovery and one that has made me very happy. It's not perfect by any means but at least its a start.

I guess another improvement that is marked and very noticable in me is my sudden upsurge of confidence and self esteem. This time last year I would have refused to go out in public without a hoodie or a baggy shirt to hide my figure. As a result of various medications, my weight skyrocketed to a rather hefty 14 stone. Which on my slender 5 feet and 6 inch frame looking incredibly unsightly. I've shed about 4 stone in the last 18 months through better diet, actually getting out of the flat at least once a day (tackling my agoraphobia) and working on building a life of good memories and fun experiences. Becky and I have planned to visit a fair few museums in the next few months and there is of course my new relationship with Jace that is blossoming, much like the flowers in the field.

My art and writing are well back on track. Each day I seem to write a few more ideas or do little sketches of characters or scenes. Often to the music that I am listening to at the time which provides me with a load of ideas. I play guitar again and sometimes have been known to sing along to what I play. My appearance is very well cared for these days and I enjoy the upkeep of my long blue hair. (Blue is an awkward colour to dye your hair, but with the right things, its very possible, but I have to be wary of the bleach from now on as I had a mild allergy to it!)

I guess for now, I just needed to enjoy being me. Rather than constantly going on about how others did this and others did that. Its petty, its pointless and to be honest it only makes those who do it look desperate to get one up on other people. Pathetic!

In wallowing in the past, we deny ourselves a future.

I guess as a small footnote, I found this picture on a friend's Facebook... everyone has a friend who is like this... worryingly to some people I AM that friend!! I am quite funny on a sugar high and I probably would do that!

Loves
Wendy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I will review it as soon as possible!

Labels

ABG (2) acceptance (5) Adventures (1) Alphonse (2) Ambulances (5) Amusement (1) Angry (3) Animals (2) Another Day In Midgar (2) Appointment (1) Art (4) Asthma (22) Asthma Attack (12) Asthma UK (2) Awareness (2) Bad Attitudes (1) Bass (1) Benefits (3) Birthdays (3) Blogs (2) Blood Pressure (1) Books (1) Bucket List (1) Busy Day (2) Calming (1) Catherine (2) Childhood (2) Chocobo (1) Christmas (4) Cleaning (2) Close Calls (1) cold (1) Comforter (1) Compensation (2) Creativity (1) Cruelty (1) Custody (1) Cute (1) death (3) Debt (2) Depression (4) Design (1) diary (1) Disability (1) Disgust (1) Disney (1) Distraction (2) Doctors (4) documentary (1) Dr Pike (1) Dreams (1) Drugs (1) DWP (1) Dye (1) Eating Patterns (1) ESA (1) Exhaustion (3) fair share (1) family (1) Films (1) Final Fantasy 7 (5) Flu (2) Fluid (1) Food (1) Friends (7) Gaming (2) Gizmo (2) glass half full (3) goodbye (1) GP (5) guidelines (1) Guiniea Pigs (6) Guitar (1) Hair (1) happiness (6) haters (1) Help (1) HND (2) home (3) home use (1) Honesty (3) Hope (4) Hospitals (8) Housework (1) Human Nature (1) Illness (5) Infection (5) inspiration (1) Instincts (1) Joke (1) JP (2) Judy (1) Labas (1) Life (2) lost cause (1) love (1) Luke (1) Lungs (3) Lush (1) Me (2) Medication (7) Memories (1) Mike (1) Mind (1) MSN (1) Music (6) My Past (1) Nathaniel (1) Nebuliser (8) Needles (1) neglect (2) Neighbor (2) new look (2) New year (1) NHS (2) Noise (5) Omen Shadow (2) One day's supply (1) Organ Donation (1) Pain (3) Patch (1) PDSA (1) Poem (1) Positivity (1) Pred (3) quotes (1) Rachael Wakefield (1) Rachy (1) Random ideas (1) Rant (1) Recovery (7) reinvention (2) Reporting (1) Routines (1) sad (1) salmonella (1) scared (1) Sean (1) Selfishness (1) Sephiroth (4) Sephy (3) Simon's Cat (1) Sims 2 (1) Sleep (6) Sorting it Out (1) Spite (1) Steve (1) Store Room (1) success (1) Support (2) Survival (4) Tattoos (1) tears (1) Technology (1) Temparature (1) Thank You (4) The Crow (1) Therapy (1) Thoughts (1) Thrash (1) Tired (1) Toys (1) Transformers (1) Transplant (1) Veins (1) Vomiting (1) warnings (1) West Midlands Ambulance Service (2) winter (1) work (1) Year (1)