For life's little ups and downs.

A rather quirky, funny and sometimes daunting look in to the life of someone who has a lot of health problems but does their best to keep positive. Punctuated by guinea pigs, anime, superheroes, transforming robots and cross stitching.

I started this blog to tell my story, about who I am and what I do. On top of the health problems and raising awareness for those, I also use my blog as a way to help promote other causes, particularly ones which affect the most vulnerable. I live with a number of different and complex health problems but I refuse to let anything get me down. I know how it feels to be discriminated against or thrown aside. This is me. This is my life. I live it and do what I want with it. Nature sets the limitations. We set the boundaries.

About Me:

A blog about life. I live with Type 1 Brittle Asthma, Bi-Polar Disorder, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder as well as Various Allergies, Neutropenia, Crohns Disease (my IBS was rediagnosed as Crohns), Osteo and Rheumatoid Arthritis, PCOS and Osteoporosis and Heredetary Spastic Paraplegia. I have recently also been diagnosed with Sleep Apnea (which makes me stop breathing in my sleep) I live with these conditions, but I refuse to let them keep me down and out. I still try and make the most of my days despite being so poorly and having to rely on my wheelchair, nebulisers, nearly 50 pills a day and 2l/min of oxygen and CPAP.

I'll flap my broken wings and erase it all someday... You'll see.

Sunday 22 April 2012

Making It Work...

It's been a bit on the mad side recently, I've had a lot to sort through and a fair deal of other things to still be done. I'm doing some new things and finally training soon to do something I have always wanted to do. I'm also planning to do an OU course and if my health will allow it, prepare myself to teach abroad. I want to have at least something to show for my life. I would hate to get to that age where I am old and grey and not have done anything with my life, as well as proving to myself and everyone who doubts me that people with disabilities CAN make a difference and those disabilities aren't a reason to treat someone like they are less of a being.

Right now, while I do my best to build up my strength, I have been learning Japanese. Its a complex language and its a challenge for me to learn. So far I know some of the basics and some of the small things. I can introduce myself and ask simple questions as well as some important phrases. I have also been learning to write and read kanji. I love writing kanji with a calligraphy pen and it looks absolutely beautiful when written down. I'm getting the hang of it and I love doing it. There is something about how the ink flows and the beautiful characters that it creates.

I have taken to my writing again, journals and other things. Short stories and little sketches and doodles are appearing everywhere at the moment. I find my drawing feels like breathing for my mind and soul. It makes me feel liberated and its an amazing release from stress or just generally feeling a bit on the crap side. Last night I was drawing some small monsters from Final Fantasy. One was a Cactuar (a kind of sentient cactus creature which is really funny to fight), a Tonberry (cute but deadly!) and a Magic Pot (a kind of creature that lives in a vase and steals everything not nailed down!). They're eventually going to be part of my Final Fantasy sleeve tattoo so I thought it was time I drew them. Now I just need to do a Moogle and some of the summon monsters and creatures.

It's been a welcome distraction as of late I think from the fact that I have picked up yet another infection. Not sure how or where from, but its gotten in and my body is doing it's usual! So after a quick visit to the out of hours GP and some medications to help with that (admittedly walking from just after Woodrow Centre to the Alex was a bit of a strange feat, and not something one should do with rubbish in their lungs) and to make my breathing easier and I think I'll be on the road to recovery soon enough! Its been an interesting week to say the least but as much as I have had fun doing it, I will happily wave goodbye to this week and hello to the next.

OK so next week there aren't any particular plans, the only thing I am really looking forward to is the arrival of a new laptop battery (3 years of it getting over-charged by accident has taken it's toll on this one) and over the coming months a lot of new parts and upgrades (one thing I am upgrading is the usual drive on this computer to a Blu-Ray drive) and replacing the screen. I may replace some of the outer veneer that has worn away and seems a bit scratched. I want to refurb this computer so its as magnificent as ever, as well as upgrading the one in the bedroom. Yeah... I seem so happy to have my hands in computers and making them work a LOT better.

Loves
Wendy xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I will review it as soon as possible!

Labels

ABG (2) acceptance (5) Adventures (1) Alphonse (2) Ambulances (5) Amusement (1) Angry (3) Animals (2) Another Day In Midgar (2) Appointment (1) Art (4) Asthma (22) Asthma Attack (12) Asthma UK (2) Awareness (2) Bad Attitudes (1) Bass (1) Benefits (3) Birthdays (3) Blogs (2) Blood Pressure (1) Books (1) Bucket List (1) Busy Day (2) Calming (1) Catherine (2) Childhood (2) Chocobo (1) Christmas (4) Cleaning (2) Close Calls (1) cold (1) Comforter (1) Compensation (2) Creativity (1) Cruelty (1) Custody (1) Cute (1) death (3) Debt (2) Depression (4) Design (1) diary (1) Disability (1) Disgust (1) Disney (1) Distraction (2) Doctors (4) documentary (1) Dr Pike (1) Dreams (1) Drugs (1) DWP (1) Dye (1) Eating Patterns (1) ESA (1) Exhaustion (3) fair share (1) family (1) Films (1) Final Fantasy 7 (5) Flu (2) Fluid (1) Food (1) Friends (7) Gaming (2) Gizmo (2) glass half full (3) goodbye (1) GP (5) guidelines (1) Guiniea Pigs (6) Guitar (1) Hair (1) happiness (6) haters (1) Help (1) HND (2) home (3) home use (1) Honesty (3) Hope (4) Hospitals (8) Housework (1) Human Nature (1) Illness (5) Infection (5) inspiration (1) Instincts (1) Joke (1) JP (2) Judy (1) Labas (1) Life (2) lost cause (1) love (1) Luke (1) Lungs (3) Lush (1) Me (2) Medication (7) Memories (1) Mike (1) Mind (1) MSN (1) Music (6) My Past (1) Nathaniel (1) Nebuliser (8) Needles (1) neglect (2) Neighbor (2) new look (2) New year (1) NHS (2) Noise (5) Omen Shadow (2) One day's supply (1) Organ Donation (1) Pain (3) Patch (1) PDSA (1) Poem (1) Positivity (1) Pred (3) quotes (1) Rachael Wakefield (1) Rachy (1) Random ideas (1) Rant (1) Recovery (7) reinvention (2) Reporting (1) Routines (1) sad (1) salmonella (1) scared (1) Sean (1) Selfishness (1) Sephiroth (4) Sephy (3) Simon's Cat (1) Sims 2 (1) Sleep (6) Sorting it Out (1) Spite (1) Steve (1) Store Room (1) success (1) Support (2) Survival (4) Tattoos (1) tears (1) Technology (1) Temparature (1) Thank You (4) The Crow (1) Therapy (1) Thoughts (1) Thrash (1) Tired (1) Toys (1) Transformers (1) Transplant (1) Veins (1) Vomiting (1) warnings (1) West Midlands Ambulance Service (2) winter (1) work (1) Year (1)