For life's little ups and downs.

A rather quirky, funny and sometimes daunting look in to the life of someone who has a lot of health problems but does their best to keep positive. Punctuated by guinea pigs, anime, superheroes, transforming robots and cross stitching.

I started this blog to tell my story, about who I am and what I do. On top of the health problems and raising awareness for those, I also use my blog as a way to help promote other causes, particularly ones which affect the most vulnerable. I live with a number of different and complex health problems but I refuse to let anything get me down. I know how it feels to be discriminated against or thrown aside. This is me. This is my life. I live it and do what I want with it. Nature sets the limitations. We set the boundaries.

About Me:

A blog about life. I live with Type 1 Brittle Asthma, Bi-Polar Disorder, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder as well as Various Allergies, Neutropenia, Crohns Disease (my IBS was rediagnosed as Crohns), Osteo and Rheumatoid Arthritis, PCOS and Osteoporosis and Heredetary Spastic Paraplegia. I have recently also been diagnosed with Sleep Apnea (which makes me stop breathing in my sleep) I live with these conditions, but I refuse to let them keep me down and out. I still try and make the most of my days despite being so poorly and having to rely on my wheelchair, nebulisers, nearly 50 pills a day and 2l/min of oxygen and CPAP.

I'll flap my broken wings and erase it all someday... You'll see.

Tuesday 17 April 2012

Getting There...

Its been all go here recently and we have barely had chance to stop and smell the flowers with forms to fill in, things to sort out and the like. I think the hardest thing I have had to do is budgeting. So far we are essentially living on one person's worth of benefit until we can get sorted out completely, and like most things, this takes a long time to sort out so some of the less vital outgoings have had to go on the wayside for a few weeks. I have been paying the important stuff like rent, TV licence, gas/electric and food bills, but things such as my entertainment budget have had to go on the back burner.

This has been a good thing though and I have been spending more time doing things that usually get ignored, enjoying the small array of hobbies I have and actually playing games I have already played and enjoying them anew. Even some games that we manage to enjoy together as a group. Luckily the debt owed to Redditch YMCA has been finally cleared. I'm glad of that particularly as now I don't have to have that hanging over my head and its done and dusted. It's behind me now. Along with a lot of things. In retrospect none of the things that plagued me in recent years were not really that important and one thing I have learned about myself is that only I can make a life for myself and thats whats important to me.

Life should be lived. Not hidden away. Cowering away in corners doesn't make things better, and not facing one's fears can just allow them to run your life. Out of everything, the most important things I have achieved are wonderful friends, freedom from things that seemed to loom over me like a bad omen and of course a new and more positive outlook. No one and nothing will ever take that away from me. And that is something i am proud of, but I am grateful to though to the people who helped me and made this possible. Their love and compassion, as well as their patience with me at times has been great as it helped me pick myself back up, tear down the past and start over, building from the lessons learned.

So what happens now? Well I am keeping on building on this and keeping on with getting myself back on track. I will update you all as I go.

Loves
Wendy xx

1 comment:

  1. good to see that ya puttin in the effort to try and put things behind ya.
    trust, gettin to do things finally is a great feelin in its self. I have only just come to realise this.

    you seem to have really have gone thru a lot [yes i red through ya entries from the past month]
    seein as though ya have carers, ya must fee like ya behind bars half the time but seein that ya also have time to do things, ya seem pretty happy.

    good luck to ya.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. I will review it as soon as possible!

Labels

ABG (2) acceptance (5) Adventures (1) Alphonse (2) Ambulances (5) Amusement (1) Angry (3) Animals (2) Another Day In Midgar (2) Appointment (1) Art (4) Asthma (22) Asthma Attack (12) Asthma UK (2) Awareness (2) Bad Attitudes (1) Bass (1) Benefits (3) Birthdays (3) Blogs (2) Blood Pressure (1) Books (1) Bucket List (1) Busy Day (2) Calming (1) Catherine (2) Childhood (2) Chocobo (1) Christmas (4) Cleaning (2) Close Calls (1) cold (1) Comforter (1) Compensation (2) Creativity (1) Cruelty (1) Custody (1) Cute (1) death (3) Debt (2) Depression (4) Design (1) diary (1) Disability (1) Disgust (1) Disney (1) Distraction (2) Doctors (4) documentary (1) Dr Pike (1) Dreams (1) Drugs (1) DWP (1) Dye (1) Eating Patterns (1) ESA (1) Exhaustion (3) fair share (1) family (1) Films (1) Final Fantasy 7 (5) Flu (2) Fluid (1) Food (1) Friends (7) Gaming (2) Gizmo (2) glass half full (3) goodbye (1) GP (5) guidelines (1) Guiniea Pigs (6) Guitar (1) Hair (1) happiness (6) haters (1) Help (1) HND (2) home (3) home use (1) Honesty (3) Hope (4) Hospitals (8) Housework (1) Human Nature (1) Illness (5) Infection (5) inspiration (1) Instincts (1) Joke (1) JP (2) Judy (1) Labas (1) Life (2) lost cause (1) love (1) Luke (1) Lungs (3) Lush (1) Me (2) Medication (7) Memories (1) Mike (1) Mind (1) MSN (1) Music (6) My Past (1) Nathaniel (1) Nebuliser (8) Needles (1) neglect (2) Neighbor (2) new look (2) New year (1) NHS (2) Noise (5) Omen Shadow (2) One day's supply (1) Organ Donation (1) Pain (3) Patch (1) PDSA (1) Poem (1) Positivity (1) Pred (3) quotes (1) Rachael Wakefield (1) Rachy (1) Random ideas (1) Rant (1) Recovery (7) reinvention (2) Reporting (1) Routines (1) sad (1) salmonella (1) scared (1) Sean (1) Selfishness (1) Sephiroth (4) Sephy (3) Simon's Cat (1) Sims 2 (1) Sleep (6) Sorting it Out (1) Spite (1) Steve (1) Store Room (1) success (1) Support (2) Survival (4) Tattoos (1) tears (1) Technology (1) Temparature (1) Thank You (4) The Crow (1) Therapy (1) Thoughts (1) Thrash (1) Tired (1) Toys (1) Transformers (1) Transplant (1) Veins (1) Vomiting (1) warnings (1) West Midlands Ambulance Service (2) winter (1) work (1) Year (1)