For life's little ups and downs.

A rather quirky, funny and sometimes daunting look in to the life of someone who has a lot of health problems but does their best to keep positive. Punctuated by guinea pigs, anime, superheroes, transforming robots and cross stitching.

I started this blog to tell my story, about who I am and what I do. On top of the health problems and raising awareness for those, I also use my blog as a way to help promote other causes, particularly ones which affect the most vulnerable. I live with a number of different and complex health problems but I refuse to let anything get me down. I know how it feels to be discriminated against or thrown aside. This is me. This is my life. I live it and do what I want with it. Nature sets the limitations. We set the boundaries.

About Me:

A blog about life. I live with Type 1 Brittle Asthma, Bi-Polar Disorder, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder as well as Various Allergies, Neutropenia, Crohns Disease (my IBS was rediagnosed as Crohns), Osteo and Rheumatoid Arthritis, PCOS and Osteoporosis and Heredetary Spastic Paraplegia. I have recently also been diagnosed with Sleep Apnea (which makes me stop breathing in my sleep) I live with these conditions, but I refuse to let them keep me down and out. I still try and make the most of my days despite being so poorly and having to rely on my wheelchair, nebulisers, nearly 50 pills a day and 2l/min of oxygen and CPAP.

I'll flap my broken wings and erase it all someday... You'll see.

Monday 26 August 2013

My Brother.

During my hospital stay, I watched a film that brought back a lot of wonderful memories of spending time with someone who I always looked up to, even if at times it didn't look like it. Whenever I think of the times we spent just talking about things or all the times he was there for me, I smile. I'm actually not ashamed at all to admit this, in fact quite the opposite, but I really do love my eldest brother, Richard and he has always been one of the strongest male role models in my life.

I have 2 brothers, Richard and Stephen. Richard, 4 years my senior, lived with our Nan and Aunt, because of reasons I don't really wish to say, and we used to see them every Saturday, and Stephen, who is 2 years older than I am, lived with my parents and me. Stephen and I never really saw eye to eye and I think the main problem is that we just ran out of things to talk about and both grew apart, not unlike our dad and his elder sister. My mum and dad weren't very "touchy-feely" with us, but our nan was. I used to prefer it at my nans because I felt loved and wanted there. Richard was a much more approachable brother and would never raise his hand towards a younger sibling that he believed was stepping out of line.

One thing that helped Richard and I to bond was that at the age of 9, I became interested in "The Transformers". It was something that we always had around us as kids (Richard and Stephen had loved it for most of their lives) and it was only natural that I was going to become just as curious as my brothers about it as time progressed. "Transformers the Movie" is probably one of those films that I can recite word for word, even now. Stephen had a copy of it on video (which he gave to me when he was bored of it) and I would sit and watch it as many times as I could because I really loved the animation and the story. I felt drawn in and even as a child, I remember how scary I found Unicron and how he ate other planets. I remember Richard gave me this Ladybird book of the film and read it to me a few times.

The one thing that does make me remember with a smile is when I used to go to my nans after school as my mum was working late. I'd had a rather horrible day at school and had been feeling really sorry for myself and wanted to cry. Richard took me to his room and we watched Transformers together, after a while I started to open up and I talked to Richard about everything and I told him what had happened at school. I found that as I got older, I was more able to speak to Richard. Yeah we had arguments but that's brothers and sisters for you.

It's his birthday this week and I have something to send to him and I wanted to tell the world that I am not ashamed to say that I love my brother.

 Love
Wendy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I will review it as soon as possible!

Labels

ABG (2) acceptance (5) Adventures (1) Alphonse (2) Ambulances (5) Amusement (1) Angry (3) Animals (2) Another Day In Midgar (2) Appointment (1) Art (4) Asthma (22) Asthma Attack (12) Asthma UK (2) Awareness (2) Bad Attitudes (1) Bass (1) Benefits (3) Birthdays (3) Blogs (2) Blood Pressure (1) Books (1) Bucket List (1) Busy Day (2) Calming (1) Catherine (2) Childhood (2) Chocobo (1) Christmas (4) Cleaning (2) Close Calls (1) cold (1) Comforter (1) Compensation (2) Creativity (1) Cruelty (1) Custody (1) Cute (1) death (3) Debt (2) Depression (4) Design (1) diary (1) Disability (1) Disgust (1) Disney (1) Distraction (2) Doctors (4) documentary (1) Dr Pike (1) Dreams (1) Drugs (1) DWP (1) Dye (1) Eating Patterns (1) ESA (1) Exhaustion (3) fair share (1) family (1) Films (1) Final Fantasy 7 (5) Flu (2) Fluid (1) Food (1) Friends (7) Gaming (2) Gizmo (2) glass half full (3) goodbye (1) GP (5) guidelines (1) Guiniea Pigs (6) Guitar (1) Hair (1) happiness (6) haters (1) Help (1) HND (2) home (3) home use (1) Honesty (3) Hope (4) Hospitals (8) Housework (1) Human Nature (1) Illness (5) Infection (5) inspiration (1) Instincts (1) Joke (1) JP (2) Judy (1) Labas (1) Life (2) lost cause (1) love (1) Luke (1) Lungs (3) Lush (1) Me (2) Medication (7) Memories (1) Mike (1) Mind (1) MSN (1) Music (6) My Past (1) Nathaniel (1) Nebuliser (8) Needles (1) neglect (2) Neighbor (2) new look (2) New year (1) NHS (2) Noise (5) Omen Shadow (2) One day's supply (1) Organ Donation (1) Pain (3) Patch (1) PDSA (1) Poem (1) Positivity (1) Pred (3) quotes (1) Rachael Wakefield (1) Rachy (1) Random ideas (1) Rant (1) Recovery (7) reinvention (2) Reporting (1) Routines (1) sad (1) salmonella (1) scared (1) Sean (1) Selfishness (1) Sephiroth (4) Sephy (3) Simon's Cat (1) Sims 2 (1) Sleep (6) Sorting it Out (1) Spite (1) Steve (1) Store Room (1) success (1) Support (2) Survival (4) Tattoos (1) tears (1) Technology (1) Temparature (1) Thank You (4) The Crow (1) Therapy (1) Thoughts (1) Thrash (1) Tired (1) Toys (1) Transformers (1) Transplant (1) Veins (1) Vomiting (1) warnings (1) West Midlands Ambulance Service (2) winter (1) work (1) Year (1)