For life's little ups and downs.

A rather quirky, funny and sometimes daunting look in to the life of someone who has a lot of health problems but does their best to keep positive. Punctuated by guinea pigs, anime, superheroes, transforming robots and cross stitching.

I started this blog to tell my story, about who I am and what I do. On top of the health problems and raising awareness for those, I also use my blog as a way to help promote other causes, particularly ones which affect the most vulnerable. I live with a number of different and complex health problems but I refuse to let anything get me down. I know how it feels to be discriminated against or thrown aside. This is me. This is my life. I live it and do what I want with it. Nature sets the limitations. We set the boundaries.

About Me:

A blog about life. I live with Type 1 Brittle Asthma, Bi-Polar Disorder, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder as well as Various Allergies, Neutropenia, Crohns Disease (my IBS was rediagnosed as Crohns), Osteo and Rheumatoid Arthritis, PCOS and Osteoporosis and Heredetary Spastic Paraplegia. I have recently also been diagnosed with Sleep Apnea (which makes me stop breathing in my sleep) I live with these conditions, but I refuse to let them keep me down and out. I still try and make the most of my days despite being so poorly and having to rely on my wheelchair, nebulisers, nearly 50 pills a day and 2l/min of oxygen and CPAP.

I'll flap my broken wings and erase it all someday... You'll see.

Friday 9 August 2013

I'm going to murder my laptop!!

I've come to the conclusion that Bahamut (my laptop) is trying to mess with me a bit. I love my laptop and for the 3 and a 1/2 years I have had it, I feel that it is a worthy machine to replace my old one. I think that it, like most things has developed a number of quirks to.keep me on my toes, but there are times when it just does something at random and I sit there wondering just how intelligent are computers these days?!

The other morning I was awakened at half past 6. Despite it being tucked just under the bed where I usually store it, reason being its out of sight and if anyone tried to take it, I'd know and wake up right away, it turned itself on despite not having a lot of charge in the battery and all I heard was "boooop!" every few minutes. So I was up early for a doctors appointment for my chest (it's been giving me all kinds of bother recently) because what we were thinking had started with a kind of summer flu bug has just gone as usual to my chest. Not very nice at the best of times.

You know you must look and sound rough when the doctor doesn't even need to listen to your chest to know you're not quite right. So long story short we're kicking it away with 10 days of Cipro (Ciprofloxacin, try saying that quickly...) and very strict bedrest and get help when I need it. The biggest issue has been the inflammation inside which causes pain on breathing in, but that does pass eventually. I think the dead giveaway was I wasn't my usual bubbly self and I couldn't even find the interest to put my ipod on.

Our neighbours have been helping while Becky visited her mum for a few days as she does every summer. Afterall everyone is entitled to some time off, it's only fair.

Sarah* and Nick* are lovely people who have had a stint of rough times, I pay Sarah to help us with general housekeeping a few times a week. Of course I play with their little girl and keep her entertained. I love kids, well sometimes its hard to keep them amused and not all children are good and as well mannered as Ino* (* names have been changed to protect their right to privacy, not that they asked to be protected but as there are a lot of dodgy people about, you never know) and she's a funny little ray of sunshine.

I've always said that my life isn't perfect but it is still good. We may only live in our one bed flat but it is our home. Always full of laughter and random conversation about things. Its the people in my life that give me hope and a certain sense of confidence and I couldn't ask for more.

Loves
Wendy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I will review it as soon as possible!

Labels

ABG (2) acceptance (5) Adventures (1) Alphonse (2) Ambulances (5) Amusement (1) Angry (3) Animals (2) Another Day In Midgar (2) Appointment (1) Art (4) Asthma (22) Asthma Attack (12) Asthma UK (2) Awareness (2) Bad Attitudes (1) Bass (1) Benefits (3) Birthdays (3) Blogs (2) Blood Pressure (1) Books (1) Bucket List (1) Busy Day (2) Calming (1) Catherine (2) Childhood (2) Chocobo (1) Christmas (4) Cleaning (2) Close Calls (1) cold (1) Comforter (1) Compensation (2) Creativity (1) Cruelty (1) Custody (1) Cute (1) death (3) Debt (2) Depression (4) Design (1) diary (1) Disability (1) Disgust (1) Disney (1) Distraction (2) Doctors (4) documentary (1) Dr Pike (1) Dreams (1) Drugs (1) DWP (1) Dye (1) Eating Patterns (1) ESA (1) Exhaustion (3) fair share (1) family (1) Films (1) Final Fantasy 7 (5) Flu (2) Fluid (1) Food (1) Friends (7) Gaming (2) Gizmo (2) glass half full (3) goodbye (1) GP (5) guidelines (1) Guiniea Pigs (6) Guitar (1) Hair (1) happiness (6) haters (1) Help (1) HND (2) home (3) home use (1) Honesty (3) Hope (4) Hospitals (8) Housework (1) Human Nature (1) Illness (5) Infection (5) inspiration (1) Instincts (1) Joke (1) JP (2) Judy (1) Labas (1) Life (2) lost cause (1) love (1) Luke (1) Lungs (3) Lush (1) Me (2) Medication (7) Memories (1) Mike (1) Mind (1) MSN (1) Music (6) My Past (1) Nathaniel (1) Nebuliser (8) Needles (1) neglect (2) Neighbor (2) new look (2) New year (1) NHS (2) Noise (5) Omen Shadow (2) One day's supply (1) Organ Donation (1) Pain (3) Patch (1) PDSA (1) Poem (1) Positivity (1) Pred (3) quotes (1) Rachael Wakefield (1) Rachy (1) Random ideas (1) Rant (1) Recovery (7) reinvention (2) Reporting (1) Routines (1) sad (1) salmonella (1) scared (1) Sean (1) Selfishness (1) Sephiroth (4) Sephy (3) Simon's Cat (1) Sims 2 (1) Sleep (6) Sorting it Out (1) Spite (1) Steve (1) Store Room (1) success (1) Support (2) Survival (4) Tattoos (1) tears (1) Technology (1) Temparature (1) Thank You (4) The Crow (1) Therapy (1) Thoughts (1) Thrash (1) Tired (1) Toys (1) Transformers (1) Transplant (1) Veins (1) Vomiting (1) warnings (1) West Midlands Ambulance Service (2) winter (1) work (1) Year (1)