For life's little ups and downs.

A rather quirky, funny and sometimes daunting look in to the life of someone who has a lot of health problems but does their best to keep positive. Punctuated by guinea pigs, anime, superheroes, transforming robots and cross stitching.

I started this blog to tell my story, about who I am and what I do. On top of the health problems and raising awareness for those, I also use my blog as a way to help promote other causes, particularly ones which affect the most vulnerable. I live with a number of different and complex health problems but I refuse to let anything get me down. I know how it feels to be discriminated against or thrown aside. This is me. This is my life. I live it and do what I want with it. Nature sets the limitations. We set the boundaries.

About Me:

A blog about life. I live with Type 1 Brittle Asthma, Bi-Polar Disorder, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder as well as Various Allergies, Neutropenia, Crohns Disease (my IBS was rediagnosed as Crohns), Osteo and Rheumatoid Arthritis, PCOS and Osteoporosis and Heredetary Spastic Paraplegia. I have recently also been diagnosed with Sleep Apnea (which makes me stop breathing in my sleep) I live with these conditions, but I refuse to let them keep me down and out. I still try and make the most of my days despite being so poorly and having to rely on my wheelchair, nebulisers, nearly 50 pills a day and 2l/min of oxygen and CPAP.

I'll flap my broken wings and erase it all someday... You'll see.

Sunday 11 August 2013

Freedom!

Maybe it's because I can finally feel safe again, but I am actually glad I had the courage to actually come forward and do something about a persistant problem that has been a bit of a nightmare for the last 2 years. Today when we went out, it felt like a huge weight was gone off my shoulders and I could just get back to enjoying life and not have to deal with someone who should have gotten the picture by now. I do feel annoyed that it had to get to this point, but there really are limits to how much you can actually take of something and I had finally reached that limit.

Now thanks to the Harassment Warning that has been issued, this person will no longer be able to try and approach me, contact me via E-mail/social media/blog comments and they are not allowed to blog about me or mention me by name in their blog (I was pointed to their latest rant by a reliable friend, and I have taken the screenshots as requested by the police officer to help us build a case to get a criminal Injunction served on this person, which is kind of like a restraining order) unless they would like to be liable for arrest, being charged for stalking and harassment (yes it is a crime) and even running the risk of serving time in prison if they carry on causing or trying to cause trouble. When the police officer called me yesterday and told me that the warning was served, I felt elated and like I was finally going to be free of this. Although she did mention in amusement about how they tried to get me in to trouble for "endorsing kidnap on an 11 year old child" (it was so stupid that everyone who read it all agreed that it was the biggest load of bullshit that had ever been spoken!) and we did have a chuckle about that. In her words "he didn't like being told that he had done something wrong and wanted to try and get you in to trouble, it was quite childish really!"

I knew I was in no real threat of getting in to trouble (it helps being friends with a barrister) and that all this was really was a rather flimsy attempt to make me think "oh no, maybe I should drop the charges..." which for that person backfired spectacularly. I do hope that for their own sake that they heed this warning and take it to heart that I really don't want to have anything to do with them and I am actually moving on with, and enjoying, my own life. There are going to be some changes in the next few months (more on that as things develop, but I think one thing will be a pleasant surprise) and I am really keeping positive for those reasons.

To be honest, it isn't often that you meet people who show you the way, especially when you feel so bogged down that you can't seem to work it out and the map seems like a blank page. So when I met 2 people who did that for me, it was probably the start of my return to the person I always tried to be. On my good days, we laugh together and we have fun, whether its something like a trip out somewhere or just curling up on the sofa and watching a daft film and on my bad days, they pick me up and help me to find a way to keep going, even if it hurts or I don't know how I'm going to do it. They take my crap when I feel frustrated and I take theirs. We support each other and always work on the ideas that you should never go to bed angry and its easier to admit when you've been a jerk than keep trying to ignore it and pretend it never happened. No matter how hard you try, you can't get on all of the time, but it shows a great bond when you can get angry with someone and then forgive them and they forgive you.

I am glad that I finally managed to stand up for myself and stop this because it was becoming rediculous.

Loves
Wendy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I will review it as soon as possible!

Labels

ABG (2) acceptance (5) Adventures (1) Alphonse (2) Ambulances (5) Amusement (1) Angry (3) Animals (2) Another Day In Midgar (2) Appointment (1) Art (4) Asthma (22) Asthma Attack (12) Asthma UK (2) Awareness (2) Bad Attitudes (1) Bass (1) Benefits (3) Birthdays (3) Blogs (2) Blood Pressure (1) Books (1) Bucket List (1) Busy Day (2) Calming (1) Catherine (2) Childhood (2) Chocobo (1) Christmas (4) Cleaning (2) Close Calls (1) cold (1) Comforter (1) Compensation (2) Creativity (1) Cruelty (1) Custody (1) Cute (1) death (3) Debt (2) Depression (4) Design (1) diary (1) Disability (1) Disgust (1) Disney (1) Distraction (2) Doctors (4) documentary (1) Dr Pike (1) Dreams (1) Drugs (1) DWP (1) Dye (1) Eating Patterns (1) ESA (1) Exhaustion (3) fair share (1) family (1) Films (1) Final Fantasy 7 (5) Flu (2) Fluid (1) Food (1) Friends (7) Gaming (2) Gizmo (2) glass half full (3) goodbye (1) GP (5) guidelines (1) Guiniea Pigs (6) Guitar (1) Hair (1) happiness (6) haters (1) Help (1) HND (2) home (3) home use (1) Honesty (3) Hope (4) Hospitals (8) Housework (1) Human Nature (1) Illness (5) Infection (5) inspiration (1) Instincts (1) Joke (1) JP (2) Judy (1) Labas (1) Life (2) lost cause (1) love (1) Luke (1) Lungs (3) Lush (1) Me (2) Medication (7) Memories (1) Mike (1) Mind (1) MSN (1) Music (6) My Past (1) Nathaniel (1) Nebuliser (8) Needles (1) neglect (2) Neighbor (2) new look (2) New year (1) NHS (2) Noise (5) Omen Shadow (2) One day's supply (1) Organ Donation (1) Pain (3) Patch (1) PDSA (1) Poem (1) Positivity (1) Pred (3) quotes (1) Rachael Wakefield (1) Rachy (1) Random ideas (1) Rant (1) Recovery (7) reinvention (2) Reporting (1) Routines (1) sad (1) salmonella (1) scared (1) Sean (1) Selfishness (1) Sephiroth (4) Sephy (3) Simon's Cat (1) Sims 2 (1) Sleep (6) Sorting it Out (1) Spite (1) Steve (1) Store Room (1) success (1) Support (2) Survival (4) Tattoos (1) tears (1) Technology (1) Temparature (1) Thank You (4) The Crow (1) Therapy (1) Thoughts (1) Thrash (1) Tired (1) Toys (1) Transformers (1) Transplant (1) Veins (1) Vomiting (1) warnings (1) West Midlands Ambulance Service (2) winter (1) work (1) Year (1)