For life's little ups and downs.

A rather quirky, funny and sometimes daunting look in to the life of someone who has a lot of health problems but does their best to keep positive. Punctuated by guinea pigs, anime, superheroes, transforming robots and cross stitching.

I started this blog to tell my story, about who I am and what I do. On top of the health problems and raising awareness for those, I also use my blog as a way to help promote other causes, particularly ones which affect the most vulnerable. I live with a number of different and complex health problems but I refuse to let anything get me down. I know how it feels to be discriminated against or thrown aside. This is me. This is my life. I live it and do what I want with it. Nature sets the limitations. We set the boundaries.

About Me:

A blog about life. I live with Type 1 Brittle Asthma, Bi-Polar Disorder, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder as well as Various Allergies, Neutropenia, Crohns Disease (my IBS was rediagnosed as Crohns), Osteo and Rheumatoid Arthritis, PCOS and Osteoporosis and Heredetary Spastic Paraplegia. I have recently also been diagnosed with Sleep Apnea (which makes me stop breathing in my sleep) I live with these conditions, but I refuse to let them keep me down and out. I still try and make the most of my days despite being so poorly and having to rely on my wheelchair, nebulisers, nearly 50 pills a day and 2l/min of oxygen and CPAP.

I'll flap my broken wings and erase it all someday... You'll see.

Tuesday 21 May 2013

Don't Knock It

You know something, the new NHS 111 service has been taking a lot of flack recently. People saying that they don't measure up to other services in the NHS, but I can honestly say that they are a good service and could actually reduce the need for A+E for a lot of patients, although you know that people who have a sniffle or a stubbed toe will still try and go to the Emergency Departments because it's a quick and easy way to access medical care. In the old days, before 111 was introduced, I would have to either wait for a while to see my GP (which when you're really suffering can be really rough) or leave it until it got to the point where I would be fighting for my life and need to call for an ambulance. Today was the first time I used 111, I hadn't been feeling quite myself for the last few days, nothing really worth panicking over really, and I was starting to get to the point where I would need to call for help.

I called them after doing a symptom assessment on my tablet PC, just the usual, my asthma being typical and I was starting to really feel it (when I called, I was actually so wheezy that the nurse really wanted to have me in, but I wanted to stay home and had to promise to get on a nebuliser as soon as I had finished the call) and a doctor was sent out to me as soon as possible, being registered disabled means that I can request house calls where most people my age wouldn't be allowed. The doctor arrived, assessed me and has started me on some medication and told me to be careful of things for the next few days. I honestly didn't think I was getting to that stage, but there we are, even someone who knows their own condition as well as I can make a mistake. I'm just glad that someone was there, prodding me until I made the call, and I am thankful that Becky did that.

The other thing that I did today was finally listening to H.I.M's 8th studio album "Tears on Tape". I was a bit dubious at first, I mean, they have been going for over 20 years and already have some of the best metal albums I have ever heard (including the chunkiness of Love Metal and the smooth and seductive Deep Shadows and Brilliant Highlights). H.I.M are a band that can make an album as raw and emotional as it is beautiful and seductive. The mix of chunky guitar riffs, keyboards and of course Ville Valo's deep, husky voice that adds the kind of smooth passion that you feel just before you lie with the one you love for the first time (I saw them live in 2004, I swear when Valo started to sing, you could hear the elastic from every girl's knickers snap, it was just that sexy)  really comes together. You can also hear the healing side of the music as the band open up about their deepest and rawest emotions. If you are a long time fan, then I would recommend this and if H.I.M return to the UK soon, I think Becky and I want to be there in the audience (probably in the seated area as I don't think my body is up to standing these days)

So, there we are, it's only a short one tonight as I am a bit tired and well, I have a long few days ahead and want to get myself a good head start!

Loves
Wendy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I will review it as soon as possible!

Labels

ABG (2) acceptance (5) Adventures (1) Alphonse (2) Ambulances (5) Amusement (1) Angry (3) Animals (2) Another Day In Midgar (2) Appointment (1) Art (4) Asthma (22) Asthma Attack (12) Asthma UK (2) Awareness (2) Bad Attitudes (1) Bass (1) Benefits (3) Birthdays (3) Blogs (2) Blood Pressure (1) Books (1) Bucket List (1) Busy Day (2) Calming (1) Catherine (2) Childhood (2) Chocobo (1) Christmas (4) Cleaning (2) Close Calls (1) cold (1) Comforter (1) Compensation (2) Creativity (1) Cruelty (1) Custody (1) Cute (1) death (3) Debt (2) Depression (4) Design (1) diary (1) Disability (1) Disgust (1) Disney (1) Distraction (2) Doctors (4) documentary (1) Dr Pike (1) Dreams (1) Drugs (1) DWP (1) Dye (1) Eating Patterns (1) ESA (1) Exhaustion (3) fair share (1) family (1) Films (1) Final Fantasy 7 (5) Flu (2) Fluid (1) Food (1) Friends (7) Gaming (2) Gizmo (2) glass half full (3) goodbye (1) GP (5) guidelines (1) Guiniea Pigs (6) Guitar (1) Hair (1) happiness (6) haters (1) Help (1) HND (2) home (3) home use (1) Honesty (3) Hope (4) Hospitals (8) Housework (1) Human Nature (1) Illness (5) Infection (5) inspiration (1) Instincts (1) Joke (1) JP (2) Judy (1) Labas (1) Life (2) lost cause (1) love (1) Luke (1) Lungs (3) Lush (1) Me (2) Medication (7) Memories (1) Mike (1) Mind (1) MSN (1) Music (6) My Past (1) Nathaniel (1) Nebuliser (8) Needles (1) neglect (2) Neighbor (2) new look (2) New year (1) NHS (2) Noise (5) Omen Shadow (2) One day's supply (1) Organ Donation (1) Pain (3) Patch (1) PDSA (1) Poem (1) Positivity (1) Pred (3) quotes (1) Rachael Wakefield (1) Rachy (1) Random ideas (1) Rant (1) Recovery (7) reinvention (2) Reporting (1) Routines (1) sad (1) salmonella (1) scared (1) Sean (1) Selfishness (1) Sephiroth (4) Sephy (3) Simon's Cat (1) Sims 2 (1) Sleep (6) Sorting it Out (1) Spite (1) Steve (1) Store Room (1) success (1) Support (2) Survival (4) Tattoos (1) tears (1) Technology (1) Temparature (1) Thank You (4) The Crow (1) Therapy (1) Thoughts (1) Thrash (1) Tired (1) Toys (1) Transformers (1) Transplant (1) Veins (1) Vomiting (1) warnings (1) West Midlands Ambulance Service (2) winter (1) work (1) Year (1)