For life's little ups and downs.

A rather quirky, funny and sometimes daunting look in to the life of someone who has a lot of health problems but does their best to keep positive. Punctuated by guinea pigs, anime, superheroes, transforming robots and cross stitching.

I started this blog to tell my story, about who I am and what I do. On top of the health problems and raising awareness for those, I also use my blog as a way to help promote other causes, particularly ones which affect the most vulnerable. I live with a number of different and complex health problems but I refuse to let anything get me down. I know how it feels to be discriminated against or thrown aside. This is me. This is my life. I live it and do what I want with it. Nature sets the limitations. We set the boundaries.

About Me:

A blog about life. I live with Type 1 Brittle Asthma, Bi-Polar Disorder, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder as well as Various Allergies, Neutropenia, Crohns Disease (my IBS was rediagnosed as Crohns), Osteo and Rheumatoid Arthritis, PCOS and Osteoporosis and Heredetary Spastic Paraplegia. I have recently also been diagnosed with Sleep Apnea (which makes me stop breathing in my sleep) I live with these conditions, but I refuse to let them keep me down and out. I still try and make the most of my days despite being so poorly and having to rely on my wheelchair, nebulisers, nearly 50 pills a day and 2l/min of oxygen and CPAP.

I'll flap my broken wings and erase it all someday... You'll see.

Sunday 21 April 2013

Making it Crystal Clear...

There really is nothing like a good night's sleep to really clear your head and get you ready for the next challenge in life. It's in that quiet and calm realm that we can reflect on days gone by, make sense of the past and things that happened as well as optimism for a future that we have to look forward to. Every so often when I sleep, I have these visions of the future. Some of them are daunting, but this time, it was magical. Becky, Jace and I living in a small, sweet little flat in a nice area, days spent either gaming together or talking about everything and nothing, long walks (or in my case rumbles) through nice places and golden summer evenings. In this special place one thing that I really noticed was how happy we all were.

The best part of what is to come is that when we move, we won't have to worry about the new "bedroom tax" or the loss of benefits that can happen in some situations. We are pretty much secure in our situation and, although we don't live like queens, we do alright. Bills are paid, we have important things like gas and electric readily available, and everything else we need and some of the things we like. It is wonderful here and with the right support we have a nice life. I do think that when we do move, I am going to miss the community around here. The wonderful people around and, particularly, all of the adorable and sweet kids who love to come and play with the guinea pigs (and they love the extra hugs and attention as well as the chance to snack on fresh grass and dandelions), but sometimes change is good.

I'm preparing myself for the next week ahead. Nothing too taxing is coming up, but there is a certain anxiety of mine that is starting to worry me the closer to the appointment I get. I have a dental appointment and a slight phobia of the dentist. I think it stems back to my childhood and when I was losing my baby teeth, my brother had this love of pulling them out one by one as soon as they began to wobble. I remember clearly the pain of when he used to grab them with a pair of our dad's pliers and just suddenly rip them out. I also remember how much that used to bleed and it led me to not like the idea of someone sticking their hands in my mouth. I had avoided it for about 3 years until recently, my wisdom teeth started to really cause me bother. One of my bottom teeth has been pushed right back behind the others, as a result it wound up being broken and it has been so painful (I had to get a dental first aid kit and put in a temporary filling to just hold it together) and I think we should start considering the idea of getting rid of those pesky wisdom teeth once and for all.

I also found something else about myself. I have developed an allergy to rats, and dust and hayfever have set in, bloating my cheeks a little and bringing me out in these weird pink splotches, not a pretty sight at the best of times but sadly I can't chose what and when I am allergic to things and sometimes you have to lead with your head instead of your heart, and sometimes you have to do whats best for your health rather than worry about making everyone else happy.

On a different note, I noticed that it's THAT time of the year again. April/May seems to be the time of year that a certain someone tries his hardest to try and worm his way in to my life through a (somewhat predictable) routine of mudslinging on his own blogs (maybe that's the most interesting thing he has in his life, if so then that is so sad), then the stalking usually starts (there is a huge difference between just KNOWING where someone lives and ensuring that you're always there), then there'll be a knock on the door and a rather transparent attempt to be kind, friendly and humble until it's made quite clear that there is as much chance of lemonade falling from the sky than there is in me letting this individual back in my life. I mean, after 2 years now, this is really starting to get sad. Well, I have been working with the local police, gathering evidence and if things do indeed go that far again then there will be a criminal conviction brought against this person as well as a restraining order, not something that someone who "wants" to be a teacher would want on their criminal record. I hope that in posting this early on, then maybe this individual will get a grip and get it in to their head that I am NOT interested in anything they have to say (I mean, after 1 relationship, tell me just how well you KNOW women? Because you honestly have NO idea about me, Becky or any other woman you have ever come in to contact with in your rather sorry excuse for an existence) then maybe we can save time and not have to see this rather pathetic circus ever again.

I really hope that this time the point is made clear.

Loves
Wendy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I will review it as soon as possible!

Labels

ABG (2) acceptance (5) Adventures (1) Alphonse (2) Ambulances (5) Amusement (1) Angry (3) Animals (2) Another Day In Midgar (2) Appointment (1) Art (4) Asthma (22) Asthma Attack (12) Asthma UK (2) Awareness (2) Bad Attitudes (1) Bass (1) Benefits (3) Birthdays (3) Blogs (2) Blood Pressure (1) Books (1) Bucket List (1) Busy Day (2) Calming (1) Catherine (2) Childhood (2) Chocobo (1) Christmas (4) Cleaning (2) Close Calls (1) cold (1) Comforter (1) Compensation (2) Creativity (1) Cruelty (1) Custody (1) Cute (1) death (3) Debt (2) Depression (4) Design (1) diary (1) Disability (1) Disgust (1) Disney (1) Distraction (2) Doctors (4) documentary (1) Dr Pike (1) Dreams (1) Drugs (1) DWP (1) Dye (1) Eating Patterns (1) ESA (1) Exhaustion (3) fair share (1) family (1) Films (1) Final Fantasy 7 (5) Flu (2) Fluid (1) Food (1) Friends (7) Gaming (2) Gizmo (2) glass half full (3) goodbye (1) GP (5) guidelines (1) Guiniea Pigs (6) Guitar (1) Hair (1) happiness (6) haters (1) Help (1) HND (2) home (3) home use (1) Honesty (3) Hope (4) Hospitals (8) Housework (1) Human Nature (1) Illness (5) Infection (5) inspiration (1) Instincts (1) Joke (1) JP (2) Judy (1) Labas (1) Life (2) lost cause (1) love (1) Luke (1) Lungs (3) Lush (1) Me (2) Medication (7) Memories (1) Mike (1) Mind (1) MSN (1) Music (6) My Past (1) Nathaniel (1) Nebuliser (8) Needles (1) neglect (2) Neighbor (2) new look (2) New year (1) NHS (2) Noise (5) Omen Shadow (2) One day's supply (1) Organ Donation (1) Pain (3) Patch (1) PDSA (1) Poem (1) Positivity (1) Pred (3) quotes (1) Rachael Wakefield (1) Rachy (1) Random ideas (1) Rant (1) Recovery (7) reinvention (2) Reporting (1) Routines (1) sad (1) salmonella (1) scared (1) Sean (1) Selfishness (1) Sephiroth (4) Sephy (3) Simon's Cat (1) Sims 2 (1) Sleep (6) Sorting it Out (1) Spite (1) Steve (1) Store Room (1) success (1) Support (2) Survival (4) Tattoos (1) tears (1) Technology (1) Temparature (1) Thank You (4) The Crow (1) Therapy (1) Thoughts (1) Thrash (1) Tired (1) Toys (1) Transformers (1) Transplant (1) Veins (1) Vomiting (1) warnings (1) West Midlands Ambulance Service (2) winter (1) work (1) Year (1)